Hydaelyn Role-Players
[2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? (/showthread.php?tid=10931)

Pages: 1 2 3

[2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - Erik Mynhier - 04-03-2015

We all remember watching the sneak peak of Thief and Ninja skills in the cutscenes leading up to Leviathan. I think we may have been privy to such new skills again in the final cut scenes of 2.55.

Now I am going to post a vid and talk very openly. If you still haven't seen this..... hurry up its a blast, And also hit the back button now.

Ok, here is a vid with the relevant stuff.

Ok at about a minute and twenty in we see the Masterrace battle. Big R swings in at 1:25, hitting the ground as Ilbert jumps back. Notice the floor crack and rocks pop up? Isn't that Circle Blade from FFXI? At 1:41 we see Ilbert run his fingers along the blade, charging it with red aether for the big knockback wave. Also of note for this video is the aura that keeps overtaking Raubahn, and the jumping strike Ilbert does twice. I also note both are using one-handed swords, new GLD/PLD skills? Now the next vid.

Ok, at 0:25 we see the Lala hold his staff high in the "my team mate is about to LB" pose and Yda preforms what looks like a really pretty version of Final Heaven from FFVII. The new Monk LB maybe?
[Image: Tifa-s-limit-break-Dissdia-012-tifa-lock...20-240.gif]

So there was other stuff that caught my eye here and there but those I listed stood out. So add to, discuss, so on.

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - mongi291 - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 10:20 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: We all remember watching the sneak peak of Thief and Ninja skills in the cutscenes leading up to Leviathan. I think we may have been privy to such new skills again in the final cut scenes of 2.55.

Now I am going to post a vid and talk very openly. If you still haven't seen this..... hurry up its a blast, And also hit the back button now.

Ok, here is a vid with the relevant stuff.

Ok at about a minute and twenty in we see the Masterrace battle. Big R swings in at 1:25, hitting the ground as Ilbert jumps back. Notice the floor crack and rocks pop up? Isn't that Circle Blade from FFXI? At 1:41 we see Ilbert run his fingers along the blade, charging it with red aether for the big knockback wave. Also of note for this video is the aura that keeps overtaking Raubahn, and the jumping strike Ilbert does twice. I also note both are using one-handed swords, new GLD/PLD skills? Now the next vid.

Ok, at 0:25 we see the Lala hold his staff high in the "my team mate is about to LB" pose and Yda preforms what looks like a really pretty version of Final Heaven from FFVII. The new Monk LB maybe?
[Image: Tifa-s-limit-break-Dissdia-012-tifa-lock...20-240.gif]

So there was other stuff that caught my eye here and there but those I listed stood out. So add to, discuss, so on.
More offensive skills for GLA/PLD are always welcome. Maybe people will realize that our DPS can contribute to the fight (got scolded for switching to Sword Oath while bosses can't hurt me because of mechanics).
As for Final Heaven... Isn't that already a LB?

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - Erik Mynhier - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 10:29 AM)mongi291 Wrote: As for Final Heaven... Isn't that already a LB?

Yes, but I'm referring to the look. We were told that the 3rd Lv LBs will be getting an overhaul, giving each class its own look/effect. I'm putting money on that being the one for the Monk. Also if they become unique, maybe Monk will keep the name and everyone else will change. Just spit-balling really.

(04-03-2015, 10:34 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 10:29 AM)mongi291 Wrote: As for Final Heaven... Isn't that already a LB?

Yes, but I'm referring to the look. We were told that the 3rd Lv LBs will be getting an overhaul, giving each class its own look/effect. I'm putting money on that being the one for the Monk. Also if they become unique, maybe Monk will keep the name and everyone else will change. Just spit-balling really.
They'll only change the look, probably. Except for BRD, it's probably getting some kind of overpowered AoE that works like Caster LB.

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - Sounsyy - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 10:20 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Ok, here is a vid with the relevant stuff.

wait... UGH I've seen that animation Ilberd uses somewhere before. Where have I seen it...

(04-03-2015, 11:10 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 10:20 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Ok, here is a vid with the relevant stuff.

wait... UGH I've seen that animation Ilberd uses somewhere before. Where have I seen it...

The finger on blade or the jump? The jump looks a bit like the Savage Blade from FFXI, but we already have that skill. The finger on blade sort of reminds me of the Rune Fencer as well as a bit of Sepheroth.

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - Sounsyy - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 11:16 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

The finger on blade or the jump? The jump looks a bit like the Savage Blade from FFXI, but we already have that skill. The finger on blade sort of reminds me of the Rune Fencer as well as a bit of Sepheroth.

I thought there was a 1.0 NPC that does it, but I can't remember who. I thought it might have been Greinfarr using 1.0's version of Rage of Halone, but I just checked the video and it wasn't it. Will keep looking, but you could be on to something. Though at the same time... it could just be SE getting our hopes up like Y'shtola with the shield bubble from 1.0's Limsa opener that we never got. =/

(04-03-2015, 11:23 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 11:16 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

I thought there was a 1.0 NPC that does it, but I can't remember who. I thought it might have been Greinfarr using 1.0's version of Rage of Halone, but I just checked the video and it wasn't it. Will keep looking, but you could be on to something. Though at the same time... it could just be SE getting our hopes up like Y'shtola with the shield bubble from 1.0's Limsa opener that we never got. =/

I feed on Hope and Dreams, and quince my thirst with the tears of my enemies. Evil

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - Steel Wolf - 04-03-2015

Huh...I never did take into account that perhaps these were demonstrating skills we'll see later in life. I bet a fair few GLD/PLDs would love some more offensive skills. Particularly ones that look badass.

Yda's Final Heaven and Y'shtola's Super Holy definitely struck me as examples of what we'll be getting come LB3 revamp. Makes me wonder what everyone else will be seeing... :3

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - Cato - 04-03-2015

I suspect that the bulk of new skills will mostly be about utility though I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some more offensive skills with impressive visuals but a lengthy cooldown.

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - ChewableMorphine - 04-03-2015

I take it none of you play NIN here, because Final Heaven is the Level 3 NIN Limit Break. Hopefully that cleared up a bit of misconceptions.

(04-03-2015, 12:44 PM)☆Flynt Reddard☆ Wrote: I take it none of you play NIN here, because Final Heaven is the Level 3 NIN Limit Break. Hopefully that cleared up a bit of misconceptions.
I used to play NIN (before giving up because of the queues) and I know it uses Final Heaven as LB3, but so do MNK and DRG. I don't see your point.

(04-03-2015, 12:44 PM)☆Flynt Reddard☆ Wrote: I take it none of you play NIN here, because Final Heaven is the Level 3 NIN Limit Break. Hopefully that cleared up a bit of misconceptions.

Its the dps lb in general is it not? I am suggesting it will be changed as we saw Yda's imitation of Tifa's final lb in ffvii, also known as Final Heaven.

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - V'aleera - 04-03-2015

Someone on the lore forum said they thought one of the attacks was the GLD Red Lotus Blade from 1.0.

RE: [2.55 Spoilers] New battle skills? - ChewableMorphine - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 12:52 PM)mongi291 Wrote:
I used to play NIN (before giving up because of the queues) and I know it uses Final Heaven as LB3, but so do MNK and DRG. I don't see your point.

(04-03-2015, 12:53 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

Its the dps lb in general is it not? I am suggesting it will be changed as we saw Yda's imitation of Tifa's final lb in ffvii, also known as Final Heaven.

I'm saying why would Final Heaven be the the new LB3 when it already is the LB3.