Hydaelyn Role-Players
Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] (/showthread.php?tid=10798)

Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] - Meena - 03-26-2015

THIS IS CANCELLED. ;-; I'm sorry! Was no interest overall, didn't get enough for more than one team

[Image: qOJ41Up.png]

~BLURB~
The night was long - like many in the desert of Thanlan. Trade had finished at least on face for the city and many were preparing for their nightly rituals. However for the young trade lord Sisiroto Luluroto the night had only began.
He had set fourth from horizon has he normally did, his caravans all headed in the directions they needed to be in. His significant others all waiting his return after he finished the nightly reports. However - hours loomed on and on and not one sight or word came from his office. A crash of the window echoed through the streets! and sir Sisiroto was soon found, dead at his office. Whomever came to strike this man must of had a reason.
But can his friends, these random adventurers or you figure out this mystery?

Hey guys! Welcome to my Murder Mystery event! Some of you might know I ran an event like this before in guild wars 2, on the tarnished coast server. This event runs similar to that but is set in the Final fantasy setting. This is roleplaying within roleplaying.  The objective simple: To get away with it / To catch the murderer!

Interested in participating firstly, here are the rules!

1. You must sign up for a team and such in this form: http://goo.gl/forms/FDQO2YmgFm  OR Post on the page what team you would like to be on. This is for Logistics. I'll form teams of whomever shows up.
  2. You must not meta-game information and a divide between OOC/IC must be kept.
  3. Once you are sorted into your team - on the day you must come dressed in THAT teams colors. A chart will be bellow telling you what is the main dye-group for that team.
  4. GM's are not allowed to help their friends but treat everyone fairly (doi~)
  5. have Fun! (yes, its a rule, deal with it)
  6.  (To be added as I think of more?)

How the game works!:
So, the game works in these stages...

1. Each player will receive a mail telling them how they knew (The imaginary) Sisirito if applicable. The Murderer will be picked at random from the submissions. It is roleplaying within roleplaying.

2. The Player Contacts their team GM, and tells them they would like to search an area of the 'zone' they are in. They then make a /RANDOM roll and the GM Will let them know what is found and what they can deduce based on the roll. Each player gets Two Searches (If Team is less than 3 each) or One Search (If a full 5 Team) each per area. However the culprit may ruin evidence instead of searching or convince others that evidence is astray Three times per area.

3. The teams will move from one zone to another. Each zone has different clues and events which transpired within. Each team will have 30-45 minutes in these zones.

4. The teams must work together and deduce who is and is not the murder. They must also identify the 'Murder Weapon', 'How it was played out' and 'What the intentions were'. based on information formed.

5. Whoever is closest the the ultimate truth of the situation will win 150k gil. And each member of his team will win an additional 15k prize. If the murder gets away, he wins the 150k prize. 

[Image: jVlARGL.png]
GM:
  1. -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
[Image: 2Mq5v7e.png]

GM:
  1. - Niklas Gran
  2. - Mizuki Setsuka
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
[Image: h3GEWlw.png]
GM:
  1. - Aerius
  2. - D'eshel Tia
  3. - Senariul Tendrecoeur
  4. - Garrett Sancsaron
  5. -
[Image: d9HLo0R.png]
GM:
  1.  -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Late April! - Date TBA] - D'eshel - 03-26-2015

There, even if I have no idea how my schedule will look like late-April (or if I'll still be playing, lel), I signed up, if that's okay. Looking forward to this!

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Late April! - Date TBA] - Meena - 03-26-2015

I am thinking a weekend day is best.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Late April! - Date TBA] - Maril - 03-26-2015

Cheers for giving Thala'to a flyer (even though he can't read). I'll see about being there & signing up when we get a bit closer.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Late April! - Date TBA] - Meena - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 11:30 PM)Sastra Wrote: Cheers for giving Thala'to a flyer (even though he can't read). I'll see about being there & signing up when we get a bit closer.
Yup! the time will be fixed! Hopefully it is one that fits everyone.

At 5P.M EST.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Late April! - Date TBA] - Mikh'a - 03-27-2015

This looks like tons of fun, and if possible I would very much like to join. @_@

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Late April! - Date TBA] - Meena - 03-28-2015

Date set for the 26th of April!

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [April 26th] - Meena - 04-02-2015

The Map and starting areas for each team - color co-ordinated!

Show Content

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [April 26th] - Meena - 04-05-2015

Update:
If not all teams are filled, I will merge. I will try and single host this - But please be patient.

2) Just show up if you are unsure. I will form teams out of those who do show up regardless - The sign up is for logistics mostly.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [April 26th] - Meena - 04-12-2015

event 90% planned! Just need people now. .-.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] - Meena - 04-22-2015

Sad Cancelling due to lack of interest. Not enough people to even make up two teams.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] - Verad - 04-22-2015

Don't give up on this idea. You have enough players that you could make it work for individual players or players in pairs. It may not be as many as planned, but if you already have the notes for the plot, you can still make it work. And when it does, you will have a proof-of-concept to expand out to larger and more elaborate scenarios.

I'm sorry I won't be able to sign up myself; work obligations and managing Scales prevent me from getting into other peoples' events quite often lately. But I'd hate to see work on something interesting like this go to waste.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] - Melodia - 04-22-2015

I didn't ever see this. I think it sounds fun!

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] - Nebbs - 04-22-2015

If you fancy doing a smaller Mad Hatters Tea party themed murder mystery for a small group I would be happy to join forces, and I know someone who has the perfect room.

RE: Murder Mystery Madness! [Cancelled] - Meena - 04-22-2015

I'll be re-purposing the work I put into this into a smaller private event.
>_< Sorry to those who were looking forward to it,  just events like this do require obligatory organisation.