Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? (/showthread.php?tid=10791)

Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Seriphyn - 03-25-2015

Quote:The Steps of Faith─the sole means of approaching the city of Ishgard. As well as providing passage across the Sea of Clouds, this great stone bridge also serves to anchor the series of arcane wards known as Daniffen's Collar.

So...

But...?

Uwaa!

RE: Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Aaron - 03-25-2015

Well it is called the "Sea" of clouds. Seas aren't exactly above us. . . then again there's a thing called sky fishing in Coerthas so. . . idk?

RE: Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Seriphyn - 03-25-2015

You know what, I'm retarded.

Ishgard is -in- the Sea of Clouds. That whole great expanse of sky is it.

Derp.

RE: Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Aya - 03-25-2015

Oooh.. I should update some of the wording in my escape-from-Isghard flashback.  Its great to have names for these things now! (though maybe they existed already, I just was not aware of them).

And done: That night had been the most frightful of her life; one filled with a full measure of them. Cloak-clad, she carried almost nothing: but all that she would have to start a new life. It was a new moon, the world was dark outside of torchlight. At first the walls had seemed the most insurmountable obstacle, but once they had been scaled, the bridge looked more fearsome yet. That bridge, that lone standing connection to the outside world, bore the fitting name: "The Steps of Faith". Each and every step would require faith, but not of the sort intended. To avoid the watchful gaze of patrolling guards she would soon find herself clinging to the sheer stone face, blasted by howling winter winds. How many others had fallen through the unseeable distance of the Sea of Clouds to their death? How long until she joined them?

RE: Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Oscare - 03-25-2015

Yeah. If you look closely at the Tour of the North, you can see in the upper left hand corner of most of the camera angles (most notably when the DRG is running around the areas where enemies spawn and everyone is killing things), you see a sliver of land right above that's just barely detached. That, at least to my knowledge, piece of land is directly below Whitebrim.

Update: Actually, looking even more closely -- you can see the Steps of Faith! It's the bridge at 5:58 in the video.

RE: Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Meena - 03-27-2015

;u; am I the only one concerned about how SHORT the Au-ra Girls are compared to the men?! they look like over glamoured thirteen year old girls.

RE: Sea of Clouds is -beneath- Ishgard? - Edvyn - 03-28-2015

(03-27-2015, 07:06 AM)Meena Wrote: ;u; am I the only one concerned about how SHORT the Au-ra Girls are compared to the men?! they look like over glamoured thirteen year old girls.
there was an entire huge thread about this and you missed it