Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Dauntless [FC/LS] (/showthread.php?tid=10696)

Pages: 1 2

The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 03-20-2015

The Dauntless

On the Lookout for
Immortal Flames Interested in Transferring,
Adventurers Interested in Fighting the Good Fight,
Journeymen Interested in Reaching New Markets,
and
Civilians Looking to Make a Difference!

Courage to Those Who Waver,
Hope to Those Who Falter,
Wisdom to Those Who Stray,
And
An Answer to Those Who Pray.

Every Man & Woman,
Every Helping Hand,
Every Emboldened Spirit
Brings Us
One Step Closer
to a
Brighter Future!

Contact
Mikh'a Korofi,
Siha Xinkei,
or
Osric Melkire
for
Further Details and Information
or to
Express Your Interest!

[Image: qrsNV2kh.jpg]

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 04-03-2015

*kicks his way through the wall, Kool-Aid fashion*

April Status Report

Wrapped up our introductory storyline, more or less. Major kudos to Grieving Hound for coming to us with a personal narrative that could be spun into a "THE TEAM GETS TOGETHER" arc. Likewise to Althea Mourelz for helping us out. A big round of applause to both for alt'ing back and forth so much. A ruffle of the hair to Merri for hanging out with us and getting involved. Thanks to Lilithium and Whispervine for throwing in for some of it, to Coatleque and to Sounsyy for playing tribunal for us, to Aya for taking a linkpearl (we're going to get to you very soon, I swear) and to everyone else I'm forgetting right
now: Heart

The Dauntless have one somewhat-successful-with-questionable-results mission under their... cap? belt? ...right now. We'll be shooting for two soon. For now, some downtime as we kick some personal stories along and bring more people in.

We are still recruiting. I'm at fault for a few folks that I haven't gotten back to yet: I will be getting back to you. Please note that we do turn people down. We're selective: if it makes sense for a character to join either the FC or the LS and we've no issues IC or OoC, they'll more likely than not be approved. If it doesn't make sense, or if there is an issue IC or OoC, your character isn't getting in. Simple as that.

Still recruiting on the civilian side, as well. Don't need to be a Flame to join up or take a linkpearl.

Rumor is our next assignment will be somewhat chilly. Immortal Flames unit or not, we might be heading north soon....

EDIT:

Also, please note we have a doorman now. Wyss Wyrst, known only as Corporal Brick to everyone including himself, will be watching for intruders. You only get in with his say-so. The house has been tagged "Locked" in the greeting, as have most of the personal rooms inside. Helps let folks know not to go unintentionally godmodding into secure areas, while saving us the trouble of constantly locking-and-unlocking the doors (XIV's housing UI makes that a pain in the ass)

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 04-07-2015

Meet Brick.

[Image: 800px-Brick.png]

As the new doorman and head of security for the Dauntless, Corporal Brick has memorized "The List," a series of names, faces, and associations belonging to allies, affiliates, and trusted acquaintances of the company who are permitted access to the unit's headquarters.

The corporal may be slow, dim, unlettered, confused, uneducated, slow, dim, and uncultured, but he also possesses a fine number of virtues, such as a polite demeanor, excellent memory, superb concentration, the various advantages of size and strength, exceptional tenacity, the vigor of youth, fierce loyalty, and the most beautiful calligraphy this side of the Shroud. He puts these virtues to use alongside his skills quite frequently, given the nature of his newfound position, barring entry from hooligans, miscreants, thieves, criminals, individuals whom Sergeant Melkire forgot to mention, the aetherically-inclined, Brass Blades, Sultansworn, and Monetarists alike. His duties consume all of his time and attention, requiring his utmost concentration. Such focus in a young Hellsguard proves invaluable time and again, though it does put a damper on his conversation... though that may be a blessing in disguise, given his relative lack of social grace.

Speaking of social grace or lack thereof,

Meet Mortar.

[Image: v2c1bsA.jpg]

The corporal is so attentive to his responsibilities that time and time again he wears himself out and collapses for bells on end, leaving the company without physical security (ask us about our aetherial wards sometime). For this reason, upon request the Hall assigned Private Mortar to the Dauntless.

Mortar is a... different breed of animal altogether. In fact, "animal" is perhaps the best way to describe him. This perverted little chatterbox is everything that Brick isn't: witty, hyperactive, lewd, boisterous, forgetful, and SHORT. Their only common interest? Cigars. Go figure. That said, this tiny terror has his own legend going for him, a legend of insubordination, confrontation, fisticuffs, bar brawls, broken ribs, teeth marks, broken femurs, stubbed toes, cracked skulls, devoured pets, gambling, and worst of all, an atrocious neglect for hygiene. His new post challenges him every sun: to stand still, to accept baths-by-bucket on a regular basis, and to cover for his corporal whenever the roegadyn needs his sleep. So what if the lalafell peddles company goods now and again?

The new security for Dauntless HQ, ladies and gentlemen.

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 05-11-2015

Merry Month of May!

About to embark on new FC plotlines/narratives. Still recruiting. We've been in a bit of a PvE grind lately as we try and prepare for the touchdown of 3.0 in a little more than a month. Heavensward!

...we might be doing someone with Ishgard. We'll see. Bouncy

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Nataru - 05-11-2015

I'd love an invite to the LS! I wanna throw Nat out into some plots if there's room!

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Vokcas - 05-15-2015

Hello. I have checked out your site and this thread a few times now. I was wondering what timezone is the LS/FC or FC or LS.

Vok~

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 05-15-2015

(05-11-2015, 05:14 PM)Nataru Wrote: I'd love an invite to the LS! I wanna throw Nat out into some plots if there's room!

Still need to chat with you, Nataru, but I think Mikh'a's gotten into contact with you already? Hoping to talk soon. Thumbsup

(05-15-2015, 01:14 PM)Vokcas Wrote: Hello. I have checked out your site and this thread a few times now. I was wondering what timezone is the LS/FC or FC or LS.

Vok~

The majority of us are U.S. Central Standard Time and U.S. Eastern Standard Time. We have at least one U.S. Pacific Standard Time player and at least one Central European (UTC+1) player.

Translated into practical terms, this means that our "primetime," a.k.a. when our numbers peak, is during U.S. evenings / early European mornings. That said, we have folks logging in at all times of the day and night.

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Nataru - 05-15-2015

I'll be online tonight and am free whenever! ^^

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Kage - 05-15-2015

May Kage join The Dauntless LS :3 o7

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 07:41 PM)Kage Wrote: May Kage join The Dauntless LS :3 o7

I don't see why not, though we'd have to work Kage into the LS ICly. That means running into him, (re-)establishing contact, justifying his addition as a benefit to the company, etc. Definitely doable though. Smile

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 06-17-2015

June Status Report

Lots to mention. New recruits to the not-so-free company, new pearl holders for the linkshell, Grand Company assignments to Copperbell, Halatali, Qarn, and Cutter's (not to mention that one time Swift lent us out to the Adders to deal with disturbances in the Deepcroft, that bastard)... even headed north for a spell to lend aid against Dravanian incursions. Ran afoul of a few moral quandaries while up there. Even when pitted against dragons, things can't be simple! Blah!

Most of the Dauntless have returned to Ul'dah to recuperate, reassess, and recollect their strength and their courage for what might be a long campaign in the north. Someone mentioned a warm beach somewhere.

We are still accepting applicants for both the company and the linkshell!

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Shadottie - 06-24-2015

Hello!  
I've been meaning to drop a line! This is something I failed to catch before, and I hope I'm not blind to the answer already when I ask... in submitting an application, is it treated as IC?  

I'm very interested in joining, but my problem is that my dude needs a little time to develop/warm up to the idea before making any commitments. I mean it's not really a problem because that gives us an opportunity to make sure characters mesh well and whatnot but..yeah! I wanted to clear up the application thing so I don't mess up his character traits. haha

The Heavensward hype is pretty real right now, but whenever things may settle down for more rp, I'd love to maybe try to meet up with folks and see where it goes! Thank you!

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Kahn'a - 06-24-2015

The short answer is yes.

But because everybody is very much engrossed with exploring the new expansion content thoroughly and have thus cast RP aside for a few days, we're, after discussion, very much inclined to accept you in our fold right now and give everybody some more time to enjoy the game before the RP resumes.

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Melkire - 08-04-2015

Recruitment is slowing down! We might close it soon, actually.

We're still here; RP is on a slow burn. Many of our members are dealing with real life situations at the moment (moves, lifestyle changes, etc.) so we've been chugging along at the content that Heavensward offers.

More details to follow soon!

RE: The Dauntless [FC/LS] - Jana - 08-05-2015

Jana will find Osric somedaaaayyyyyy...