Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) (/showthread.php?tid=10623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Time and Date TBA) - Erik Mynhier - 03-19-2015

So I have began the search for a Speaker of the Summit. I would like to hear some nominations from the floor. I will seek out these stated people as well as a few I have in mind as well. Once some suitable candidates are gathered I will create a poll with 3-5 of the best candidates.

Please understand this is not the voting event at this time, this is a nominating process. I shall write up some parliamentary procedure notes for whoever the Speaker shall be. Also not that due to the nature of the event, the person must be well known in the community, have a reputation for honesty and fairness, and must be able to absorb and understand the parliamentary process or they will have no hope of controlling the chaos. So please do not just nominate friends, please put some honest thought into it and help me find wise people.

It should go without saying if the one chosen is a leader or part of a given free company, that they will have to act without favoritism. A heavy burden as such a position would make them the object of both their fc and the community at larges judgment.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Time and Date TBA) - Piaras Wolfwood - 03-20-2015

Piaras Wolfwood, Leader of the Platinum Vanguard (some 15 or so active roleplayers and growing).  I am free Fridays and Saturdays.  I will bring a +1 (TBA).

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - ChewableMorphine - 03-21-2015

I NEED THIS

[Sprints to his FC leader to let him do the thing]

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Hyrist - 03-22-2015

Dark Embers

Claire Brea
Lin Celistine

Participation is depending on date time availability.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Maril - 03-22-2015

I would suggest something that a chunk of the GW2 community did whilst I was there ever so briefly, which was to stream their FC lead meetings. These were done on voice, but there shouldn't be much difference in simply streaming with the chatbox blown up to it's full size. That way people who for one reason or the other can't be there in person can watch what is going on - and it'd be an easy way to show the intentions of the event. It would also allow the whole thing to be re-watched at a later date (all depending on if the streaming service allows saving of the video?)
On the flipside, streaming also does mean that some might have to think more about what they're saying (Or the way it is put, cause nerdy guild-leader talk) which I don't know if people would want. 

If desired and if the time/date fits with me, I could dust off my streaming software - I imagine anyone streaming might want to turn on busy or tailor a chat-window so random /tells don't get streamed. 

Anyways. I just figured I'd bring it up as an option/thing to consider.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Magellan - 03-22-2015

EDITED FOR GENERAL UNHELPFULNESS ON MY PART: I wish the summit and its participants an eventful, enjoyable evening, and lots of luck on creating memorable, communal rp. After all, that is what we are all here for Smile

If my views indicated otherwise than I apologize for my poor wording.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Kylin - 03-22-2015

Reply referencing a now, edited topic

Show Content

(03-22-2015, 08:21 AM)Kylin Wrote: Believe it or not, not everyone is out to take over the world.

Ack! My plains have been revealed! 

[Image: tumblr_n30v44qFtR1svt5w5o2_400.gif]

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - ArmachiA - 03-22-2015

Reply referencing a now, edited topic

Show Content

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Martiallais - 03-22-2015

On a happier note...

I'd like to sign myself (Zarek Windsoul) and a +1 up to attend this representing the FC F.A.T.E. (Forces Against Threats to Eorzea - 20ish people). See you peeps there. Cool

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Erik Mynhier - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 07:14 AM)Sastra Wrote: I would suggest something that a chunk of the GW2 community did whilst I was there ever so briefly, which was to stream their FC lead meetings. These were done on voice, but there shouldn't be much difference in simply streaming with the chatbox blown up to it's full size. That way people who for one reason or the other can't be there in person can watch what is going on - and it'd be an easy way to show the intentions of the event. It would also allow the whole thing to be re-watched at a later date (all depending on if the streaming service allows saving of the video?)
On the flipside, streaming also does mean that some might have to think more about what they're saying (Or the way it is put, cause nerdy guild-leader talk) which I don't know if people would want. 

If desired and if the time/date fits with me, I could dust off my streaming software - I imagine anyone streaming might want to turn on busy or tailor a chat-window so random /tells don't get streamed. 

This is a great idea actually, and very well may show how unfounded this paranoia that is showing itself is unfounded. If you wouldn't mind would you? I'm on a PS4 so I cannot log chats.

(03-22-2015, 08:21 AM)Kylin Wrote: How utterly hilarious. This argument isn't familiar at all. Nope. Laugh

I remember when you were our dictator/overlord. Man that was awhile ago.

(03-22-2015, 11:19 AM)Zarek Wrote: On a happier note...

I'd like to sign myself (Zarek Windsoul) and a +1 up to attend this representing the FC F.A.T.E. (Forces Against Threats to Eorzea - 20ish people). See you peeps there. Cool

Added, was wondering when F.A.T.E. would join the party.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Titor - 03-22-2015

I would like to come with the Zero Division. The date and time would need to be settled before we could figure out who could come, but it would likely be myself and one of my officers!

I think this is a good idea. Cross-FC connections and RP is always fun.

(03-22-2015, 01:43 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 07:14 AM)Sastra Wrote: I would suggest something that a chunk of the GW2 community did whilst I was there ever so briefly, which was to stream their FC lead meetings. These were done on voice, but there shouldn't be much difference in simply streaming with the chatbox blown up to it's full size. That way people who for one reason or the other can't be there in person can watch what is going on - and it'd be an easy way to show the intentions of the event. It would also allow the whole thing to be re-watched at a later date (all depending on if the streaming service allows saving of the video?)

This is a great idea actually, and very well may show how unfounded this paranoia that is showing itself is unfounded. If you wouldn't mind would you? I'm on a PS4 so I cannot log chats.

Yep, I'm fine with doing it Smile I'll do a test stream a few days in advance of whichever date we pick and get it working.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Dasair - 03-22-2015

Super late to the party, and not actually adding to the current discussion about this, but...

Insofar as being interested in cross-FC-plots and such, I'm personally interested in seeing if the Eagle and Quill could make it to the meeting. However, I am not the leader, nor in any place of power at all, but my main reason for interest is that the FC itself is based around a bookstore which could be useful for other FCs to come by for research plots and so forth. As it stands, it's a location always open for anyone to RP in, and I think it'd be neat to see it get more IC activity.

That said, would it be possible to put E&Q tentatively on the list? I'm going to ask the FC leader if she's interested in this, and will come back to state With Certainty if we'd be attending in any way based on that. But she's often busy (and I've been too) so I've not been able to catch her yet.

A potential couple more for the headcount, though. I think it'd be interesting to have more widespread plots, or at least, some FC interaction.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Poll Added, please vote) - Erik Mynhier - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 02:00 PM)Dasair Wrote: Super late to the party, and not actually adding to the current discussion about this, but...

Insofar as being interested in cross-FC-plots and such, I'm personally interested in seeing if the Eagle and Quill could make it to the meeting. However, I am not the leader, nor in any place of power at all, but my main reason for interest is that the FC itself is based around a bookstore which could be useful for other FCs to come by for research plots and so forth. As it stands, it's a location always open for anyone to RP in, and I think it'd be neat to see it get more IC activity.

That said, would it be possible to put E&Q tentatively on the list? I'm going to ask the FC leader if she's interested in this, and will come back to state With Certainty if we'd be attending in any way based on that. But she's often busy (and I've been too) so I've not been able to catch her yet.

A potential couple more for the headcount, though. I think it'd be interesting to have more widespread plots, or at least, some FC interaction.

Consider it done. Have a member of your leadership get with me so we can be sure of this, but I'll had you guys to the list.

And let me just say, its for FCs like this I am thinking of. After the summit, now that I know they are a bookstore, I would ic frequent that. Erik is an avid reader, but I had no idea before the summit that there was such a place. Now that I do, I'm there.