Hydaelyn Role-Players
*wave* - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: *wave* (/showthread.php?tid=10407)

*wave* - Haddo the Geldonite - 03-03-2015

Hey. A lil bit of background, I'm just starting ARR (currently have a lv 24 on Giglamesh). Played the open Beta, but was still into SWTOR at the time. Been RPing in both MMOs and table top for about 10 years. I've been in and ran guilds of high caliber, and I'm looking to join in on one that fits what I'm looking for. If one can't be found, I'll be forming one.

To give an idea of what I'm looking for, I want a core-lore RP guild that also plays their role in PvP as well (RP reason to be PvPing, ect). If anyone knows of a guild like that that's recruiting, it would be awesome if you could shoot me a link/their name and I'll look them up. If not, no worries- I'll be doing some research within the week.

*I have no problem re-rolling on Bahamut once the character creation ban is lifted, but I'm generally a "one toon" type of guy. So once I get started, I'm there to stay.

Thanks for having me everyone!

RE: *wave* - Titor - 03-03-2015

Welcome to FFXIV! 

If you are looking for a RP guild that also PvP's, the Zero Division on Balmung often PvP's together OOCly.

While we are not a "PvP" FC (We are a RP FC, with the theme being Immortal Flames Special Ops), I myself LOVE pvp, and a lot of the others in the Division do as well. We were intending on having some IC PvP runs in the future here, though treating the enemies as an enemy for our plot and not just people from another GC (Because that gets really awkward with GC-relations).

If you can get on Balmung and are interested, we would love to have you! 

If not, I am sure you can find something to your tastes, the RPC offers a plethora of different playstyles, plots, and RP events.

RE: *wave* - Haddo the Geldonite - 03-03-2015

(03-03-2015, 12:42 AM)Titor Wrote: Welcome to FFXIV! 

If you are looking for a RP guild that also PvP's, the Zero Division on Balmung often PvP's together OOCly.

While we are not a "PvP" FC (We are a RP FC, with the theme being Immortal Flames Special Ops), I myself LOVE pvp, and a lot of the others in the Division do as well. We were intending on having some IC PvP runs in the future here, though treating the enemies as an enemy for our plot and not just people from another GC (Because that gets really awkward with GC-relations).

If you can get on Balmung and are interested, we would love to have you! 

If not, I am sure you can find something to your tastes, the RPC offers a plethora of different playstyles, plots, and RP events.

Appreciate it Titor. If I could get on Balmung, it seems like your guild is what I'm looking for. However, the ban has been constant for almost 2 weeks. I'll keep trying, but who knows when it'll be lifted.

RE: *wave* - Titor - 03-03-2015

(03-03-2015, 01:14 AM)Haddo the Gerudo Wrote: Appreciate it Titor. If I could get on Balmung, it seems like your guild is what I'm looking for. However, the ban has been constant for almost 2 weeks. I'll keep trying, but who knows when it'll be lifted.
You can try right before or right after maintenance, seems to be the best times. Alternatively, if you have some extra cash you can pay for a server transfer, it bypasses the restrictions.

(03-03-2015, 02:16 AM)Titor Wrote:
(03-03-2015, 01:14 AM)Haddo the Gerudo Wrote: Appreciate it Titor. If I could get on Balmung, it seems like your guild is what I'm looking for. However, the ban has been constant for almost 2 weeks. I'll keep trying, but who knows when it'll be lifted.
You can try right before or right after maintenance, seems to be the best times. Alternatively, if you have some extra cash you can pay for a server transfer, it bypasses the restrictions.

Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know what happens after the next few days

Actually screw it. I'm just gonna start on Jenova, and transfer my character over tonight. I'll accept your invitation. Is there an application I need to fill out?

Just read the requirements for transfer, and I guess I'll have 3 days until i can transfer (remade a new character to fit the RP background I want to pursue).

RE: *wave* - Raih Nelhah - 03-03-2015

Welcome!

Alternatively, instead of doing the transfer tonight you could save the character data and create a character on Balmung tomorrow. There's maintenance happening on the night of the 4th, and you'll easily be able to get a character in if you wait to put one in around the time it starts booting everyone off. Saves you some money, too.

(03-03-2015, 07:49 AM)Raih Nelhah Wrote: Welcome!

Alternatively, instead of doing the transfer tonight you could save the character data and create a character on Balmung tomorrow. There's maintenance happening on the night of the 4th, and you'll easily be able to get a character in if you wait to put one in around the time it starts booting everyone off. Saves you some money, too.

Appreciate the tip Raih, but I tried that last week with no avail. I'll try again after/before the maintenance. If I can't land a spot this time, I'll just pay the money.

RE: *wave* - Ligardian Dreamer - 03-06-2015

Hello and welcome!

Have fun! And, "may the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!