Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Healer's heart (open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Healer's heart (open) (/showthread.php?tid=10294)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 04-18-2016

He arrived in Ul'dah, staring out of the opening of the plaza, eyes dull, and half lidded.  John was physical, emotional, and mental drain, yet he could feel tears welling up into his eyes.  It hurt, admitting defeat, when you try so hard to make it work, to try and find your place.  He started for the stairs, only to freeze as he thought about their reaction to the sight of him.  They would be upset and he was sure that they would call Sam.  Sam, who would come to make sure he was ok, and give him 'I told you so' look.  He couldn't face that, not when he could feel himself near the breaking point.

'Quiet...I...we need somewhere quiet...' he though dully.  Howl had said to stop by but it was late and... he reach for the aetherite teleporting to the 4 ward.  He didn't even remember making it to plot 17 but the small house look nice, looked inviting, and he was opening the door stepping inside.  The room felt warm and alive and 'like home.' he thought, feeling his knees buckle under him.  He curl in on himself, fighting back the sobs that were trying to break free, feeling bits of himself starting to shatter under the stress that had been building for far too long.

He struggle to his feet, stumbling over to the stairs that lead to the basement, and lost his pack somewhere on one of the steps.  John notice the female and male Auri, who look a little startle at him being there.  "Please...don't tell them..." he says though his tears.  "I...just need a place...I'll be gone by morning..."  The male nods to the couches and John drops onto one.

John curl around Kit's book, protecting her, even as he shatter.  He drift asleep even as tears ran down his face.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 04-24-2016

John drop across the bed after the Grindstone, one of the last to arrive back at Dusk.  His feet resting on the floor as he stares up at the ceiling.  Kit yawn from where she was settle on the pillow at the head of the bed.  'Crazy...' she said.

"Yeah...crazy," he agree.  First Nazyl, with him almost killing a combatant.  'Why?' he ask himself.  'That goes against everything that Sir Nazyl stands for.'  And it just seem to go down hill from there.  He still felt that brush of Soaring's fist, knowing the kind of damage the hit would have done if he hadn't been on edge from what happen at the clinic.  "I try so hard, Kit, to be respectful, to help where I can, and yet, so many time it's thrown back in my face."  Add to the fact that some of Pick's personality had slip into his own right after the fight.  He could handle it and he didn't want to put anymore concern on himself, not after showing up out of the blue when he left Zero Division.

"It best they don't know.  Howl would only have flash back to..." He sigh, sitting up in bed.  "And Pick is still Pick so I know he won't hurt anyone."

'Something will have to be done about it.' Pick voice whisper, an old memory but it still felt like it could have been said in the room.

Pushing aside thoughts of Pick and his memories floating around in his own.  "I hope Lady Leih is about to talk her father into allowing her to get some training as an Arcanist."  He could feel his cheek heat up.  "Gods, the idiot she must think I am."  He had blush and stutter around her.

'She cute.'

He remove his robe and boots, slipping under the sheets, and letting his head sink into the pillow next to Kit.  "Cute or not... it won't work out."  Kit place a small hand on his cheek.  "I love Howl.  I want to be by his side...always."  He holds up his glove hand to the ceiling.  "I don't want him to be hurt like he's been with everyone else he's gave his heart to."  He close his hand into a fist.  Add on top of it his own ability... he would protect Howl, make sure that he finally finds happiness.  Just as long as his best friend was happy, he would be happy too.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 07-08-2016

'You have a great crew...' Pick said, even as John fell face first into the bed.  'To willingly place themselves in your steed.'

John crack his eyes open before closing them again.  "Um, glad I didn't have to face him...not after seeing how he and Berrod..." he said, yawning a bit.  "If I didn't feel like...like it was them just enjoying seeing blood spill."  His mind drifted back to the room that that had been hidden in the house that Khyran and his group were cleaning up.  The ideas on what it could be, especially with the cloth that had the Garlean colors.

Pick reach down and ruffle his hair.  'Your Captain isn't a man to do such a thing.'  He allow a chuckle.  'Samy would have wanted blood as well if who bid on you and Warren try to push it farther.'  His form began to shimmer, the aether that he gather to use this form breaking apart.  'Get some sleep....' then smile as he realize that John had settle into sleep.

John blink as he found himself on the same street that he had his first fight all those years ago.  Even now, he could see himself and the highlander boy, though he didn't remember the crowd of other boys around them.  He move forward, trying to stop what was about to take place, only to slam into a wall.  John saw himself attack the other boy first, his hand open as he slap the boy.  And the ground drop out from below him.

He could see the boy's life flashing by him as he fell.  John then felt his knees hit painfully into the floor, feeling hands shove him face first into the floor, and he turns a little, finding his right arm cake in blood, and missing skin.  'No, no, nononono.  We we're rescue.  My arm was heal.'  He could hear cheers going up from the crowd and he notice that the area look like the hidden room in the house that Aethertide found while fixing it up.  His hair was grab and he was pull back, taking in the Garlean uniform over him.  His eyes widen as the figure look familiar, almost like Titor but far healthier.  Behind the Titor look-a-like he could see the actually Titor along with some of the others from Division, along with Warren and the others.  "No, let them go," he said, taking in the state of bodily harm that was done to them.

"Time to earn your keep, slave." a female voice, one that had terror snaking up his spine as he knew the voice.  "I'm going to have so much fun watching you break..."  John turn, eyes taking in the sight of the siren... serpent-like ever closer to him.

"No...you're dead..." he gasp, trying to ignore the voice, even though it sounded beautiful.  He felt his face caught, pull up to look at her, and his will began to drown as the face above him became even more beautiful.  He barely notice the daggers being place into his lax hands.  "You... you're..." he murmur, feeling himself becoming lost in that smile...those eyes...no, no, no, no... And a fist slam into her face then he was really was drowning in a single violet eye.  "howl..."  The blond miqo'te nods even as he feels another standing behind him to face off against the siren.

"You dare..." voice choking off as an arrow lodge in the spot were the shell necklace would have been.  The area shatter, revealing a mindscape that look like the Grindstone fighting area.  "He's can't escape me..." she said, even as the 'body' began to break up.

Pick smile was feral, "We dare and no matter what, you will not hurt Johny."  The broken memories fled for now but Pick knew it was only a matter of time now before they try to gain control again.  "Something has to be done about them...soon."  He looks down, the daggers dropping from John's hands, even as he clung sobbing into Howl's memories.  He would have to pay John's Captain a visit.  Hopefully, he and first mate wouldn't be too upset with him 'borrowing' Johny's body.  He would go to that Khyran if Johny's Captain couldn't figure out a way to deal with that blasted Siren's memories.

John shot up, sobbing, and arms wrap around himself, as if he had been clinging to something that was no longer there.  'Johny,' Pick whisper.  'You need to tell them about this.'

"Pick...I can't.  They're just memories," he said.

'Johny, they are...'

"There memories, Pick.  They won't hurt anyone else..."  He laid back down in bed, turning from Pick.  "They will only hurt me for a little while..."

'That it...they aren't fading, Johny.'  Pick sigh before his image shatter once again.

John stared at the wall.  "They aren't but they only hurting me."

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 10-10-2016

John yawn as he step into the apartment, seeing that his parents were already in there room, and made his way to his own.  He pull the short robe off, remove his hair tie, and sat on his bed to remove his shoes.  He sat the shoes off to the side so they could dry proper after being submerge in water for most of the evening.  As he finish getting ready for bed, his mind drifted back to the events that unfolded at the Grindstone.

"It was strange seeing young Ado again," he mutter to Kit.  "Though I wonder why Lady Lily was not there.  I do hope that she does become too upset over the kind of language he heard tonight."

'Shouldn't have been by himself.' Kit said, from where she settle on his pillow.

"Still," he said, "I'll have to stop by and give Lady Lily a formal apology about the language he probably pick up tonight...or what he saw." Both he and the fairy shutter as they remember the fight that took place with Muscle Mog.  "Sir Locke must be having a fit at Thala's table.

John crawl into bed, Kit curling up against his neck.  "You should get some rest," he says, hand curling protectivly around the fairy's form.

'Howl hurting.'

"I know and Warren is too."  He had a better idea on what happen after his and Hannah's talk, though he didn't know what the fight had been about.  Sei and Hannah could handle Warren but Howl needed him right now.  "I'll have to try and find out where he's at."

'What about...'

"Don't, Kit." he whisper.  "Howl needs a friend right now.  My own feelings for him has to take a back seat.  He doesn't need a lover, he needs an ear to listen to him, that he can rant at.

He let his eyes close, feeling Kit's aether return to the book.  "As long as he's happy, I'll be happy for him too.  So long as I can be by his side as well."  Even if his heart ache from pain when Howl finds that one that will be with him, he would cherish Howl's happiness.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 07-20-2017

John rush out of weapon practice, making his way for the Goldsmith guild.  He shook damp hair out of his eyes as he threw open the door, and rush to the front desk.  "Please, I need to have these made," he said to the person at the desk, showing the drawing to him.  "Gils no object.  How soon can you have there designs done?"

The drawing was taken from his hands, as the hyur look over it.  "Hm, it depends on when you require it and what gems and metal you want used in it."  Looking over it again, "What gems do you wish in them?"

John pointed at the one design.  "Blue for this one..." then his ears fell.  "I...I am unsure which color to do for the other.  I never thought to ask what color to might be his favorite."

"I can hold on to the design until you have a chance to speak with the other person to find out what color gem to use."

"Then I'll have to be careful of the wait that I ask him.  This is to be a surprise gift for my Howl and it would not be much of a surprise if he realize what I'm planning."  He place a small sack of gil on the counter.  "A down payment to get the work started and I'll have the rest to cover for the finally detail work."

"Of course, Sir.  I'll have one of our best Goldsmith's get started on the work."

John smile brightly then quickly made his way out of the Goldsmith guild.  Now, he needed to see about the chocolates for the others.  "Lemon creme...no, perhaps orange and a vanilla cream..."