Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Healer's heart (open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Healer's heart (open) (/showthread.php?tid=10294)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 06-13-2015

John slow in his movement, taking the time to cool down before coming to a complete stop.  Taking a deep breath, he slowly let it out before sheathing the blades.  He was calmer now that he ran through the exercises.  “Blade,” he said, turning to look at the hyur, bowing to the other.

Blade nods.  “You have improve,” he said.  “But you still worry.”

“I left without word to Warren about being call into Southern.”

“He will understand that it was an emergency call in.  He will understand that you didn’t have time to contact him.”  He put his own daggers away.  “You should also write your friend, let him know that you are alright as well.”

“I don’t think he wants me to write him back any more.”

“And what made you made think this?”

John turn away.  “He said that it almost like I didn’t want to write to him.  And he got mad when I told him that I’m just a healer.”  He point at himself.  “But I am a healer, it’s all I wanted to be.”

Blade look thoughtful at him.  “Wanted, but not now?”

“No, I want to be a healer…” he said, pacing the ground.  “He keeps saying that there is more that I can do but…I don’t what it is that I’m supposed to do.”  His ears laid flat, tail lashing in anger.  “I don’t know what he wants from me.  What is it that he seems to see in me that I’m not seeing?”  He began to pace.  “If I could just grab a hold of it, shake it lose from where ever it is hiding at.”

“He wants you to see your self-worth, just as you want him to see his own.”  He held his handout.  “Yes, you are a healer, but you are a scout too.  You must tell him that as well.”  He then pointed at the dagger.  “You have found a talent with the dagger, so much so that I’ve been thinking of taking you on as a student.”

John stop at stare at him, “You’re joking, right?”

“No.”  He fold his arms around.  “I will need to speak with my brother first as head of the family.”  A smile tug at his lips.  “You should also tell your friend what you have told me.  Perhaps he can give you a clue to what it is that he sees in you.”

“I can’t be your student,” John said, ears up in surprise.  “I’m not that good with weapons and I don’t want to hurt anyone.  I’m a healer not…” and trail off as Blade held up his hand.

“Did my word not take hold?” he asked.  “A weapon wielder will not hurt his opponent if he does not wish to.”  He ticked off the words on his fingers.  “Control, mind, heart.  You have the control of the blades, the mind to pull back the power, and the heart to not use a killing blow if need be.”  He nods to himself and draw his own daggers.  “It is time that we see it in full.  Come, Eagle, show me your talons.”  He came at John full force.

It was either long practice, the many nights watching the Grindstone fights, or an underlining instinct, John duck out of the path of the daggers.  His own hands closed on his daggers, bring them up to block the next blow that came at him, and catching the blades against his own.  “Shun what…” he began only to be thrown back and then rolling out of the way of the dagger that was thrown at him.

Sam watch the match from a distant, hand gripping the hilt of his sword.  He felt more then saw Axe come up beside of him.  “Blade not giving him any quarter.”

“Ah,” Axe said.  “Should we stop them?”

“No,” Sam said.  “Blade knows how far to go and John will try his best not to injury.”  He tried not to wince at the slice against John’s shoulder.  “He has to learn how to fight,” he said.  “But have Bandit ready just in case.”  He turn from the fight taking place.  “Once they are patch up, we’re pulling out and heading home.”

“Got it, Cap.”

John drop next to Safire, who was asleep himself, and lean against the Chocobo’s body.  Bandit had already taken care of the worst of the wounds, now he just wanted to sleep it off.  Yet, he still had to write to Howl, hoping the other wasn’t upset over not being written too.  Or worst, that John didn’t need his advice any more.  Pulling out paper, quill, and ink out, he tried to focus on the letter to Howl, hopefully before he fell asleep where he was sitting.

‘Dear Howl.  I’m sorry that I haven’t written to you in a while.  Things have been crazy since your last letter arrived.  I wasn’t able to help Warren with the last Grindstone, the Amalj’aa decided to try and summon Ifrit again.  Dagger unit has been helping to bolster the Flames in Southern Thanalan.’  He yawn before continuing, explaining how the unit had pack up without giving him a chance to let Warren know what was going on.  Telling Howl about daggers training with Blade, though he left out the actual fighting part.  Howl had enough to worry about and really it was only a few slices that he took and he hadn’t hurt Blade at all.

He rub at his eyes, he couldn’t go off to sleep yet.  He had to get this out, even if Howl might get mad at first.  He wanted him to know why he couldn’t see pass anything but a healer.  ‘Blade said that I should also talk to you.  Sam has place me in with the scout section of Dagger.  Yet that not the only thing Iwish to say.  I am a healer, please let me finish before you get mad.  I always wanted to be a healer, just like Tanya.  I never thought of trying to do anything else.  I don’t even know what I should be doing now.  I still want to heal but there is more that I can do.  I’m not sure what to do, how to go about it, and I’m scare to try and even reach of it.  To even reach for whatever it is I’m trying to find.  It like a part of me is stuck and I can’t seem to grab it and shake it lose.  I feel the same when you put yourself down that you must be feeling about when I do it to myself.  How do I follow my heart and also find that part of my soul, the potential to do more?’

John agree with Howl on the fact that Tanya, for all her love, had made mistakes, with this ability but she might have save him as well.  There was also Gogonji and trying not to think too much about what had happen in the other’s memories.  Something that reminded him too much of fever and nightmares.

He was almost finish, his head nodding forward even as he was signing his name at the end of it.  There in that one moment between waking and sleep, he wrote something that he probably wouldn’t have if he had been more aware.  ‘Of course I want you to keep writing Howl, I’ll always need you.  I wonder if Snow is right and I’m in love….’  His handdropping as ink mark down the paper.

Nightingale came by a few minutes later, shaking her head at the sleeping Keeper.  “Going to have a stiff neck sleeping like that.”   She eased him down so that his head rested better against soft feathers.  Picking up the letter, she giggled.  “In love, hm.  Well, better send this off for you.  Axe or Slayer will probably load you into the cart before you wake.”  Not knowing what she might cause problems for John, she seal the letter, and handed over to the postmoogle.  “Make sure that this Howl get it.”  The moogle nods and takes off.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 06-16-2015

John became more nervous as Sam kept staring at him.  "You went to Titor?"  John nods at the question.  "Because he sent you a letter to come by the house."  Another nod from John.  "And you talk to this Kiht'to about your aether ablities."  John nods again, ears falling flat against his head as he watch Sam walk pass him and to the door.  "AXE!"

"Yeah, Cap?"

"I want you to clear the hall.  If anyone comes close to the door you have permission to Tomahawk them."  Sam slam the door close.  "Sit Private."

"Sam why..."

"I SAID SIT, PRIVATE WATERSTRIKE."  Sam watch John drop to the floor and pinch the bridge of his nose.  "In a chair."  Calm, he needed to be calm.  He waited for the miqo'te was actually sitting in a chair.  "After everything I did to get you into the unit when you came to me about join the Flames, you go and do this."

John lower his head, curling in on himself.  "I just was trying to find a way to control this."

Sam stared at him.  'Control,' he thought, 'not get rid of but control.  What change this?'  He came around to sit on the edge of the table.  "I want you to start from the beginning about what change your mind."

"I didn't try to see how my c...how the side effect could be used in healing.  Not until Chachanji's brother.  So when I realize that those soulstones were dead I thought maybe that I could..." he said, telling Sam about what he did, how close he came to losing himself in the chaos of Gogonji's mind.  He glance at Sam's hands and the wood of the desk creaked from the pressure that was apply to it.  Jancis coming into the room right before he was thrown out of the Lalafell's mind.  To the letter that arrive from Titor invited him to 'his' home.  "I really thought that we were just going to speak about healing and aetheric studies that he has done himself.  But Titor wasn't well, which was strange since he seem fine when I meet with him and Sir Raimy for fishing."  He held out his hands, "Sir Kiht'to asked if there was anything that he could help with and it wasn't until after that, that I found out the letter was to recruit me..."

"That were I have to problem," Sam said.  "He recruited you, meaning that he had some idea about what you could do, healing wise.  But now that he knows, he can use you military as well."

"But heal for Dagger is military already so I don't get why you're upset about..."

"That it, you're seeing it from a healers point of view.  But I can see how you can be used, a spy, plucking memories and secrets from anyone head."  He could see the horror dawning on the miqo'te's face.

"But Titor's a healer as well.  He'll never make me do that.  Just like you won't make me do that."

"I won't because I have too much respect for you and too much fear of your father's fireball, let alone Tanya coming back from the grave just to be my head in."  He sigh, "Do you want to know why I've refused every patrol route for Northern Thanalan?  It's because we still have Garleans still at the Castrum in the area.  If it's an emergency, I would have been tying you down in Ul'dah."  He stood up, reaching over, and giving John a good shake.  "I will die before I let any Garlean get their hands on you."

"I...I can take care of my self..." he said.  He lower his head.  "But I can't just give this up.  I'm sure Tanya would agree with me."  He look up at Sam.  "This might be my chance to be normal."

'Normal is so over rated, little brother.'

The two stiffen, staring at each other before turning there head, and staring at the ghostly form of a red head, green eyes dancing in laughter, white robes flowing in a breeze they could not feel.

"Tanya!"

"Big Sister!"

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 06-19-2015

John stare, blink, and stare some more before he finally moved from the chair.  He didn't even realize that he had reach out to touch her until his hand passed through her form.  He bow his head, fighting back tears.  'I know, John.  I want to hug you too but...'

"I miss you so much and you're here and I still."

"Tanya, why are you here?" Sam asked, looking for all the world like he too wanted to grab her into his are.  "Navigator knows, I want you in my arms as well but."

'Always to point, Love.'  She reach out, letting her aether push at John's chin, making his had lift up.  'I never wanted you to think that you were cursed, little brother.  By the gods that was the last thing I want for you, when you were so sick.'  She gave a sad smile.  'And if that healer, Fabrellet, ever shows up at Thal's table, I'm taking my staff and high flying him into the seventh level of hell.'  She place a hand over her heart.  'I've always been so very proud of you.  Even with my stupid wording, adding hurt on top of what Fabrellet did, you still lived.  You have so much courage and courage of the heart is a very rare trait.'

"I'm not courageous," he said, shaking his head.

'Yes, you are.'  She lean forward, placing a 'kiss' on his forehead.  'Even when you thought no one could love you, face my own death, you still reach out to people.  You didn't curl up and die but continue to face life.'  She pulled back.  'Please tell your friend, Thank you, for looking out of you.'  She tap his chest.  'Also, be honest with him and your own heart.  Let him know what you feel for him.  Even if he doesn't return your feelings, he will know that Warren and Sei are not to only ones that don't want him to disappear.'  She step back.  'I need to speak with Sam.'

"You're leaving again...this time for good."  He takes a deep breath.  "Please come say goodbye to me.  I...I didn't get the chance to when you..."  She nods and he 'wraps' his arms around her before leaving the pair alone.

"I had a feeling there was more to you coming back."  Sam came over to her, reaching up to 'touch' her face.  "What has made you leave Thal's side?"

She lean into his touch, bring her own hand to cover his.  "Something big is coming, a great change."  She looked at him.  "You must be prepare, Sam..."

"And does this prepare included Sara finally coming to get me?"

'I don't know.  The Future isn't set in stone but...'

Sam smile.  "But don't be surprise if she does come."  He kiss her.  "Don't be too upset if I fight tooth and nail."  He pull away from her.  "I miss you so much, love."

She gave a sad smile.  'I wouldn't expect any less from you and I miss you as well, love.'  She began to fade even more.  'I push how long I can stay but I want to say Goodbye to John.'

"Go on."

John was just finishing up the letter to Howl when he 'felt' her.  The aether closed around him in a hug.  Then some of the aether gather at his hand that held the quill.  "You want to write something?"  The hold tighten a bit before relaxing.  And John didn't fight when his aether encase hand dip the quill into ink.  He recognize the handwriting has his sister's reading as his sister wrote something to Howl.

'Thank you for being such a good friend to my brother.  I want you and Sei to know before I return to Thal's table.  As I said to John, Normal is overrated.  Something is coming, Ha'uruh Nunh, though if it's good or not is still unclear.  Please watch yourself.

Tanya Elisabeth Waterstrike'

He frown, not knowing who this Ha'uruh Nunh was.  "Is he a friend of Snow and Howl?" he asked.  Another squeeze and then the aether release his hand, fading.  "No," he call out, grabbing the aether and holding onto it.  "Please don't go yet."  He froze as her voice sang in his soul.

[youtube]RV-Z1YwaOiw[/youtube]

Tears well up in John's eyes.  First one sob then another...until he let go, his hands covering his face.  "I promise, Tanya.  I will."  He raise his head, tears trailing down his face.  "Goodbye, Big Sister..."

'That is all I ask,' she whisper.  'Please keep dancing, no matter what.'  There was a kiss, 'Goodbye, Little Brother.'  And her aether slip away and he cry, allowing himself to finally let go and heal himself.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 06-29-2015

John look up as he heard his Mom's greeting.  "Samuel, dear.  What bring you by?"  Curious, he move out of the back of the clinic, smiling as Mimi as he heads to the front.  He step into the main office area, smiling at Sam.

"I just came by to let John know that the 2002 forms he's been filling out went throu..." Sam look up as John came out of the back.  "Well, you're transfer is official.  You'll work with Titor and his group from now on."

He nods, not quite sure how he felt about it.  He enjoy being in Sam unit but this was a chance that he couldn't pass up.  He slid his eyes over to his mother, who was frowning at the both of them.  "What do you mean that you're transferring?"

"Ah, Sir Titor wants me to join his unit," he said.  "It would give me a chance to improve my skill as a healer."  He didn't mention that Titor and Kiht'to had also offer to help with learning control over his other ability.  She would have only worried more.  "I know you might now see this as a good thing, Mom, but I'll also be able to help all of Eorzea, not just Ul'dah."

"I can't help but worry for you," Margret frown.  "And you tasking yourself at that Barbarian event.  You even still have circle under your eyes."

"Please, Mom, you promise not to say anything else about Sir Warren and what he does."  John pinch the bridge of his nose.  "If you would just come and meet him, talk with him, you'll understand why he does this."

"John is right.  What Warren does has probably save the life of many of the fighters that come to the event," Sam said.  "Even a couple of my own men said that it is just a more intense training session and ready healer for the more serious injuries that do occur."

"I still don't like it.  I had hope that you would take over the clinic when I finally pass on to join Thal."

"I hope that will not be for a long, long time, Mom."  He came over and place a kiss on her cheek.  "Do you need me for much longer?  Sir Kiht'to sent a letter about needing to do a physical on the members and I still have the form he sent to fill out as well."

She sigh, "No, it's been quiet today."  Margret still didn't look happy about what she was told.  "Just be careful.  I do not want you to be taken from us and then experimented on because they found out about your..."

He hides the wince with a stretch.  John was sure they would need to experiment to figure out how to control it.  "I'll see you for dinner tonight."  He step out of the clinic into hot air.  He sigh, before pulling Kit's book off the strap, waking Kit up.  "Come on, I want to see if I can catch Kiht'to about that physical that he wants."

Kit chatter at him, her emotion aether forming words in his own head.  'What about what Jancis spoke of?'

"I don't know.  How do I tell her that I miss remember that happen with Howl's memories?" John asked Kit.  "Why did you react with what happen with Howl but not with Gogonji?"

'No harm intended with Go,' she said.  'Harm intended with strange one in Howl's mind.'

"So that's why you attack but not with Gogonji."  It would be something he would need to speak with Titor and Kiht'to about.  He would also need to speak with Howl as well.  He was sure that questions would come up about what he would need to put down in the Physical form.  "Howl is a private person and I don't want to get him drag into anything.  I wonder if I could leave out certain bits without them wanting to question Howl."  He couldn't help but still worry about Howl reaction last night.  Perhaps taking his suggestion he told Jancis to draw Howl out.  "I need to find a quiet place to take him too, where he can talk to me or not."  He would also need to check with Warren, see if he could visit Sei and see how she was doing as well.

'We be there for him as he was for us.'

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 07-12-2015

John's nose twitch as he rock the container gentle, eye the paper in the liquid, noticing the first of the image on it showing through.  After a moment, he very slowly pull the paper with the image from the liquid.  The dark room wasn't truly dark, a red tint from the crystal that sat in the fixture at the door.  It was one of the few lights that he had learn, from trail and error, would not to the treated paper black.  He turn away from the set of trays, hanging the newly reveal image, Warren and Judge facing each other across the sand in front of the stone.  He wish that Howl could have been there for the match as well.

He sigh, hanging the picture with the others that were drying.  So much these last couple of weeks, from Mimi sickness and pulling double duty at the clinic, to Jancis suggestion with meditation, Howl finally voicing the fear he felt; villian from Howl's and Sei past that may have been awaken by his ability, and the reveal that Judge was Au Ra.

"I can't let Howl face 'him' alone."

'He will not,' Kit's 'voice' sounded in his head.  'We face him together.'

"I'm not sure I'm strong enough."  He pick up the crystal and slip out the door into another smaller dark room.  He sat the crystal in a holder, locking the first door, and then exiting out the second.  "It had been far to close, when I first face him."

'Will not face him alone,' she said, resting on John's bed.

"Howl and Sei are fine.  They both now know that what he told them was lies."  He ran his hand through Kit's 'fur'.  "I need to know how this work," he said, looking down at his hand.  "I would have spoken with Titor the night before but with the party and..."  He trail off, glancing out the window.  "Hope they understand why I didn't stay long at the party."

'One less person to keep track of, say Hello too, play nice too.'  Kit hop off the bed, heading for the door.  'Come,' she said.  'Leave stuffy room, fresh air.  Speak with Jancis, speak with Titor, speak with Howl.  No hiding.'

John shook his head.  "You're planning something, Kit."  She just look at him, innocent the only emotion playing through her aether.  And like any good partner, he follow her out the door.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 07-13-2015

John sigh, turning the knob on the door to his parent's apartment.  "I'm home..." he call out, stepping into the room.  "Sorry I'm late."

"It's alright, Son," Thomas said, setting the cup down.  "You're mother is just finishing break..." John saw his dad's eyes widen and come to his feet.  "I warn you not to try and deal with void magic."

"What?" John said, taken back a bit, until he remember what had happen at the Runestone last night.  "No, no." he said, raising his hands up in front of him.  "It wasn't me..."

Thomas was already in front of his son, catching hold of John's shoulders and eye the young miqo'te.  The anger soon faded, changing to fear.  "Then who attack you....and using such dangerous magic from the void."

John could see his Mom standing in the doorway, staring in horror at what she had heard.  "No," he said, shaking his head.  "I was at the Runestone last night and I was a little too close when Sir Lo...I mean one of the combatants used a void spell under another combatants feet.  But Sir To...but he was able to avoid it but the void kind of wash over me and..."

"I'm calling the Blades...they will stop it and arrest everyone involve..." his mom said, already reaching for the pearl.

John duck out from under his dad's hands, and catching his mom's hand before she could place the pearl at her ear.  "Please don't, Mom.  They both knew what they were doing.  And it was my own fault for being so close..."

"Even if you were at fault, John, they shouldn't be using void magic anyway.  It's bad enough that I have heard rumors of Black magic being used." Thomas said.

"Sir Reiner said that far too many have view the more destructive magic as black and white...forgetting the grey areas of magic."  John lower his head.  "Please don't get Sir Reiner in trouble."

Margret frown at her son.  "John, you don't understand.  Those magic are outlaw for a reason."

"They won't do a thing about it.  They haven't done anything for a long while..."

"What do you mean they won't do anything about it?"

"I overheard Warren talking the other night at the Grindstone..." he said, keeping his head down.  "About how there's never any city guards there, making sure that the combatants don't get out of control, how no one has come to try and collect taxes for operating the event."  He let go of his mom's hand.  "I notice the same thing with Runestone...not one city guard, Brave, or Blade was there, trying to arrest anyone."  He look up at his parents, "Sir Franz was even surprise on the fact that no one was trying to stop any of them."  He was afraid that if either of his parents push it...whoever was making sure that any of the Fighting events were keep going on...they might come after them.

"Please, Warren knows there's something going on.  Trust him to handle it... just like I know Sir Reiner understand what's going on."

"I don't like this, John..." Thomas said.  "But if this happens again..."

"I'll keep well away from the combatants, when I'm watching," he said.  He didn't really lie, since I if he did try to participate, he would be a combatant himself.  He smile even as his Dad eye him knowingly and his mom went back to the kitchen, muttering about how Ul'dah was falling apart.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 07-16-2015

John sigh, slipping into the inn room.  It had been an interesting night.  "You seem to enjoy Suzume's company," he said, smiling as Kit vanish in a flicker of light.  He place his hand on her book, feeling her aether settling into rest.

'Aether is sweet...yours is strong, her's is strong but different.'

"Everyone's is different Kit."  He thought for a moment.  "What of Khyran?"

'Very sad...hurting?'  From the sound of it, she was unsure of reading the hyur right.  'Like you...before Warren, before Howl, before Snow, before Cha...before...'

He laugh, "Before I meet my dear friends."  The laugh died off and he spelt his fingers together.  "Perhaps his ability was view the same as I had...how I still kind of do."

'John...'

"Not as a curse now but there are risk to every style of magic and every aetheric ability," he said.  "And I realize that with these that there is a burden that weights heavily on us."

'Yes,' Kit said in agreement.  'You wish to speak with him again.'

"Yes."  He nods even if Kit can't 'see' it.  "I'm a healer, maybe a wannabe blade master..." and shakes his head at that fancy dream that was sure not to come true, "but Healer foremost.  If he is tending to the sick on Pearl Lane, then I'm sure we will run into him again."  He crawl into bed.  "Rest well, Kit."

'You as well.'  John settle into sleep, not knowing what was to come the next day or how his 'Dreaming' would be used for a different purpose beside Healing.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 07-21-2015

He manage to get far enough away from the Grindstone before he ran, the words he had said to his friend, no to Sir Howl, ringing in his head.  'Stop being an idiot.'  In that one moment of anger...that Howl would never let him try to heal him.  It was all because of the way he heal, using his own aether to help others in there time of need.  Why couldn't any of them understand?  WHY?

His tears blind him as he pass through the gate, bumping into several people, and turning to head for the Quicksand.  A dark blue robe, a flash of pain across his left arm, and he stumbles forward.  He brought his hand up, healing...or try to heal.  The moment he try to apply aether to it, the place burn cold, and when he drew his glove back, there was no blood.  'John,' Kit whisper in his head.

"I don't know what happen," he whisper to her.  It just burn but in a very cold manner.  He look around but whoever he had run into was long gone.  "Come on, Kit," he said.  He need to check the wound before he try to figure out a different way to heal.  Once the pair was in the room, he remove the robe he had on.  "It seems like it's heal."  The slash was shallow, red with strange coldness to it.  It almost reminds him of that void spell that had wash over him at the Runestone the week before.  "What do you see, Kit?" h ask.

'Dark line,' she said.  'Don't like.'  She crawl up on the bed next to him.  'John,' came her worry thought.

John blink as a wave of exhaustion wash over him.  "Kit," he began, only to fall backward across the bed.

John found himself in his parents' bed, ten years old again.  He shiver with chills, even with the pile of blankets around and on his body.  'No,' he whisper in his head, terror crawling up from the pit of his stomach, 'please not this.  Anything but this.'

He could hear the footsteps coming to the door.  "Don't worry," the voice said, dark and sinister to his ears, "I see to 'it' for you Madam Waterstrike."  The door open to reveal the elezen standing in the doorway, blocking out the light.  Something dark glitter in his hand.  The door shut behind him, deep blue robes draining what light had been in the room.  His eyes follows the elezen as he came around the bed.  "Now, let's see what we can do about you."

He wants to scream,  'Howl, someone, I don't want to remember this.  Please don't make me remember this.'  The elezen took his hand, and he was falling, watching 'him' beat the young woman, feeling the sick thrill the elezen got from it, claim that she was to be punish because that what the Elementals told him to do.  He tried to stop him.  He yell out, telling him to stop hurting her.  The vision was gone and he was staring up at the Elezen, watching the flash of fear, then the dark smile came across his face.

"You are a curse voidsent," he said.  "The Elementals said not to heal you that you should be sent back to the void."  No, no, Tanya told him he wasn't curse.  Howl said he wasn't curse.  But he remember what he had said to Howl...how he was far worst then 'him'.  He knew that Fabrellet would turn away and leave the room.  He would then tell his parents that he couldn't go against the elements and they couldn't come in.  The Elementals wanted him dead and he was going to die alone and then his sister would come in and... "But I'll make sure that you are sent back like you should have been all those years ago."

'What, no, this wasn't what happen.'  Fabrellet drew out a dark blade, pulling his hand back to bring in down in a arc at his heart.

"Where is he?  Where is my brother?"  His sister voice, outside the door.  She was here and Fabrellet, turn to glare at the door.

"Lady Waterstrike," Fabrellet voice said, also outside the door.  But if Fabrellet was outside then who was... "I can not do anything for him.  It is best that you didn't have to see the condition that he is now.  Remember him as he had bee..." the sound of wood meeting flesh.

"If my brother is dying, I will NOT let him dye alone."  The door is thrown open, flooding the room in light, "John..." came her voice as well as a loud chiming sound...

John shot up, clutching his burning arm, breathing heavily.  'What, was that about...'  The linkpearl chimed again and he reach for it, placing it into his ear.  "Yes," he said, hoping that his shaking voice would just be confused for being woke up.  Titor's voice came over the pearl, telling him that Raimy had been found.  "What do you need of me?"

Titor told him that his offense spell would be needed to back up the fighters were going to help with the mission.  "You 'saw' his condition," Titor said.  "Once you get him out, we'll need you to start healing him until we can get out ourselves."

"I..." John began, remember that he promise Warren and the others that he would find a way to heal without using his aether.  But there wasn't time to try and leave some new way to heal and he would never turn to the Elements...not after they call for his death.  'I know you'll never going to forgive me Howl,' he thought, 'but I have to do this.'  His voice is steady.  "I do whatever you need of me, Sir Titor."

'Even if it mean that I'm killing myself.  I sorry, Howl.'

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 07-25-2015

John's head is bow, as Thomas's hands rest on his shoulders.  "Will Mom really be alright?" he whisper.

Thomas squeeze John's shoulder, not wanting his own doubts to color John.  "E-sumi saw to her himself.  The fluid in her left lung will make it hard for her to breath but he is confident that with the right spells and potions, she will make a full recovery."  He bow his own head.  "But it will still take time, and rest for her to heal completely from the infection in her lung."  Before he could say more, he look up to see Sam and Dagger unit, riding hard for Nald's gate.  "Samuel..." he called, watching the young man, as he dismounted before the chocobo came to a full stop.

Sam rush up to the pair.  "We rode hard once you call me," he said, looking worried.  "Is she..." he bagan, holding himself as John came up to rest his head against his shoulder.  He place a hand on John's shoulder, feeling the miqo'te shutter under his hand.

"E-sumi said that she will be fine..." Thomas said.  "Yet, I fear how bad it would have been if we had waited like she wanted."  He look hard at Sam, "I need you to do me a favor.  Take John away from Ul'dah for a few hours.  Reports from the Tonberry has been asking about Margret condition and I don't want to subject him to their question.  Not while he is still upset over..."

"She wouldn't let me heal her...just like Sir Howl won't let me heal him."  Another shuttering breath, "He hates me now...has every right to hate me after what I said to him."

Sam look confuse at Thomas.  "He and this Howl had a falling out...after they found out how he had really been healing.  They...exchanged words..."

"said he was being an idiot..."

"He's been stressing out himself trying to find a way to heal without using his aether or tying himself to the Elementals," Thomas finish, eying Sam.  Sam nods, handing the miqo'te over to Axe.  "I'll call you once the reporter leaves but I think he was planning on attending the Builder's celebration."

It was a couple of bells later once the group was away from Ul'dah.  "So want to tell us about your unit?" Bandit ask.  He frown when he saw Blade shake his head.  "What...can't help ifna I want to know about who stole our Kid away."  He turn to watch John fiddle with a small shard of crystal, copper wire had been wrap around it to form a little cage around it.  That in turn was hook to a chain of copper as well.  "What ya got there, Kid?"

John blink before slipping the Dream crystal necklace back around his neck.  "Something Raimy gave me...after we got him back."  He then began to tell the others about Raimy, from his first meeting with the elezen while fishing with him, Titor, and one other.  "After he gave me the crystal, he asked me to unlace his boots for him, though I wish he had turn around so it would have been easier to untie them.  Then he ask me to undo his belt because his knuckles where still mess up from the beating he took but when I went to do so he told me instead not to worry about it and he would just go on to bed like he was..." he blink as he found that the group had stop.  "Um, what's wrong?"

"He wanted you to remove his boots...and his belt?" Sam choke out.  John nods at the question.  "And you didn't see anything wrong with that?"

"Well, I was blushing over the fact that I had to help him but he was badly injury and I'm sure that he was probably grateful for the help...where are you going Sam?"

"I'm going to murder and Elezen," Sam reply, heading for Eastern Thanalan and a direct line to the Shroud.

"Cap....Cap, think about this," Bandit said, placing his chocobo in front of Sam's.  "He was probably just prank the Kid..."

"What he was doing was not a prank?"

Over on the side, John just watch in confusion.  He could see Slayer, Nightingale, and Blade doing rock, paper, and scissor.  A quiet sigh from Night, a smirk from Blade at Slayer who curse under his breath.  "Look at it as good practice when Liza gets old enough to date," Nightingale said, smirking as well.

John blink as he was drag over to a far corner away from the group, who was now working on calming Sam down or figuring out the best way to make a Raimy pincushion for their daggers.  He then began to fill him in on everything that Raimy could have probably done to him, if he had been of the mind to do so, and feeling bad at the raising look of horror that was crossing John's face.  "But...but Sir Raimy wouldn't do that....Gods, I'm not going to be able to show my face around him.  What must he think of me?"

"He probably thought he had someone that was eager as well until he realize that you had no idea on what was actually going on," Slayer said.  "If he had went beyond that point...I can use my lance on him just as readily as I can us it on a Dragon."  He glance up at the sun.  "Is not the Builder's Celebration suppose to start?"

"Oh no.  I still need to make that gift for Lady Jancis."

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 08-03-2015

The clinic was quiet this afternoon, which was a good thing in Margret's opinion.  She let a smile grace her lips as she watch John going over the books that he had brought with him.  Kit had climb up onto his back trying to see what he was studying.  "John, what is it that has you so occupied."

"An idea Titor and the others gave to me.  I'll have to run it by Warren before the next Grindstone," John muttered.  He reach for another book, opening it to a section he had research before when it had been Howl...and shook his head.  'It has too work,' he thought.  "I afraid that doing it might slow down my ability to heal if I use it." he said.  'No, it won't help Howl and that blasted eye.  Warren is right, we'll have to wait until we can get into the library.'  Kit lean a little farther over his shoulder, placing her paw on a passage.  "No, I don't have the skill level to try that...but I'll note it down to show to Titor.  It might be something that he can add to his own search."

Curious now, Margret step away from the potions that she was organizing and came over to the books.  His mom's eyes widen at what she saw.  "John Waterstrike, what is the meaning of this?"

John had stood up reaching for another book.  "Research to heal without endangering my own aether," he said.  "There's going to be some instant where I might not be able to use this..."

"John what I'm reading here is you trying to become an aetheric vampire."

Kit hop down off his shoulder and settle onto her book.  She personally didn't see a problem with it since he used her aether to help heal.  "No, I'm not Mom," he said.  "I'll need only a small amount from the person I'm healing."  He points to a passage.  "I'm trying to determine the right amount of aether to draw out of the person...and how much of my own I can add to that..."

He pull another book out of a pile.  "Yet, there's going to be times that I might not have a choice in the matter about using my aether to heal, if the wound is far to serious to risk pulling some of their aether."  He flip to a page, listing crystals.  "If they're unconscious, I won't be able to ask their permission to do so.  I'll need to talk with dad about the best crystals to use..."

"Three crystal would be best.  One each to match your aetheric elements and one that isn't tie to an element," his mother said.  She found her son staring at her.  "Crystals can work as a storage for aether."  She look thoughtful.  "I just worry that it's a temporary fix.  John at least try to seek the Elementals..."

"I will not ask for 'their' help.  I rather die than go to them for their help."  He was shaking from rage, not looking at his mom until he buried it again.  "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make..." and he found himself wrap in his Mom's arm.

"He's not part of the guild anymore.  He won't hurt anyone else anymore."

John hope she was right.  He hope that the nightmare was just that, a nightmare.  That Fabrellet was gone from everyone lives for good.  He pull away, looking back at the crystals in the book.  "Titor might have some that I could use but how to keep them on me."

'My book...replace stones with Crystals,' Kit said in his mind.

"Replace the stones...but that would hurt you, Kit."

'Won't hurt if I'm outside of book.  Add crystal...make stronger and better healer.'

"I'll speak with Titor about it the next time I see him."  He turn to his Mom and the miqo'te place a kiss on the hyurian's cheek.  "Thank you, Mom.  I promise not to worry you so much."

Margret gave John a small smile.  "We're your parents, John, I have every right to worry about you even if you're walking out of the house."

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 08-22-2015

(ooc: This is the start of a FC event that will be going on today with Zero Division. Wish me luck as this is the first time for me to do such an event.)

John slip into the nesting area of the ants just past Cutter's Cry.  'John, this is unwise...' Kit's voice said.  He agree with her, not one of his greatest ideas.  But he had to scout the area before he face Fabrellet in open combat.  Find the best places to have the others to hide, in case he didn't make it.  He wanted to make sure that Fabrellet didn't leave this place to carry on whatever it was that the void was making him do.  'You should at least call Titor or Warren.'

"I know...but I have to have a plan for them," John said.  What worry him was how Fabrellet didn't realize what was speaking to him.  "I wish I had more information on what turn him into this..."

'I think he was already mad when you and him meet.'  Kit was becoming more and more unease.  'We should leave here.  Even the ants are restless.'

He could see it, the clicking and movement of the ants in the area.  Something was upsetting them, far more so then they usually were.  "Just one more place to check and then were out of here.  I'll call Titor and meet him and the others at Black Brush Station."  He made his way up to the raise that over look Cutter's Cry and the ant colony.  No footprints...and no tall void control Hearer.  "Ok, so he isn't here yet.  I'll call and let them know.

'Just hurry...'

John reach up to the linkpearl just as a stone spell hits him in the back.  "Zero...Fabrellet...need help now."  Before he can say more the sleep spell hits, two steps forward as the spell drag his mind down into darkness, and the voices over the linkpearl fading into nothing.

Fabrellet's grin was dark and twisted as he watch the miqo'te move up the raise.  'He' was hiding in one of the ant entrances, his aura keeping the creatures away.  Once the miqo'te had move pass, he slip out, feet silent as he follow, and came up behind him.  He smile, feeling the hate that was so delicious, and 'they' had feed on it for a long time.  Soon they would have more...more to feed on, and more bodies to control.  It would not be long before they would throw open the gate way for the rest of their kind to leave the void.

He watch as the hand reach up to tap at something on the ear and Fabrellet cast Stone at the miqo'te.  He cursed at the other out a message out, quickly casting sleep at the miqo'te before he could tell whoever he call where he was at.  "We musssst hurry...."  Kit's book is thrown off the edge of the raise, "Let the antssss deal with the creature of light."  He grab up John's body and drag it into the shadows of the archway.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 10-10-2015

(ooc: Happens later the night after John and Howl/Ryuuga meet.  Titor if you want you're character to overhear John and Kit, go for it.  Also, sorry for the bit of colorful language.)

Howl stood in front of him...or what look like Howl, only the face was death white, and instead of the blond hue of Howl's hair, it was black as night.  The dark aura was suffocating, forcing out every good thought, every good emotion from him.  "Howl's dead..." he said, smiling at him.  "I felt him die..."

John shook his head, not wanting to believe it.  Howl couldn't be dead...Ryuuga, the creature had to be lying.  "I...I don't believe you."

"Ha, so weak...so cursed," Ryuuga laugh.  "He knew you were weak that's why he didn't come to you."  The other step closer, 'claws' digging into his mind, dragging every dark and sour emotion to the front.  Kit was suddenly in front of him, her gold light trying to push back the darkness surrounding him.  She screeched as his foot came down on her tail, kick her as she attack him.

"STOP IT....LET HER GO!"

"So weak...no one would, could ever love you."  He release her, only to pull out the puglist weapon and slam it into her, and laugh as John scream. "I have seen you cuddling that white hair boy...stealing those Bronco Grease adds..." the rest of the words lost to him as he saw the darkness swirl around them, revealing Khuj'a, Raimy, Khit'to, Titor, Sam.... everyone he cares for, dead in the nothingness.   He try to go to them but he found himself caught fast.

"You just want to be love...to have loving caring arms around you..."  But it wasn't loving arms that encircle him but darkness.  "You're so weak that all you will ever be used for is a good fuck."  John was drowning in it, the words that sounded in his head was making it hard to fight.

"john..." the voice whisper, light and love so close but no strength to answer.

"He didn't come to you because you're weak..."

"John...a dream..."

"You'll never save anyone."

"John...wake up..."

"Weak...cursed...no one to love you....

"JOHN!"
"NO..." John began to scream, swallowing half of it as he sat in the bed.  A second to recognize the Zero Division medbay, waiting to see if Titor had heard him.  There was no sound of movement from the other side of the room and John hope that Titor hadn't been in there.  He scramble for Kit's book, place on a chair at the side of the bed.  "Kit," he whisper, placing his hand on the cover of the book.  He felt her, light and love, chasing the last of the darkness of the nightmare from his mind.  "You're ok."

'Just a nightmare.  Everyone alright.  Going punch him in nose next time.'  John curled around the book, as if his body could protect it from all harm.

"I'm sorry...he step on your tail and kick you..." he whisper.  "I didn't do anything to try and stop him."  He finger the stone in his hand, unable to make out the detail on it in the dark room.  "I'm not a good partner."

'Scare... like I was for you... but now true partners,' Kit said, feeling her light hugging him.

"Kit?" he ask.  "What is this stone for?  Why did it come from your book?"  The light just seem to cuddle into his mind more.  "Please, Kit, they worried that it might be dangerous.  Is it a soulstone, like Lady Maya suggest?"

'It's your...no one else can take it,' she said, much like she had done when Khit'to took the stone from him so they could examine it.  'Bite him next time he tries to take it.'

Yeah, just like she had bite him so that he would release her and she could try to get the stone back to him.  "How long have we been together...no how long have I had your book?  It's been almost 12 years now.  Why won't you tell me what this stone is?"

The light shook against his mind, so afraid.  'Just want to be partners.'

He sigh.  "I want to know Kit and so do the others.  Please trust them...trust me."  He rub his hand over the book, remember how close Howl's weapons came to the book.  He was glad for the treatment that Khuj'a had done to it, even if did manage to dodge out of the way from Ryuuga's attack.  "Will it hurt any of us?"

'Not dangerous,' she said.  'Sleep now?'

"Yeah, sleep now."  He uncurl from around the book but kept his hand on it.  Still, it was some time before John finally found dreamless sleep.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 10-18-2015

John step into the hall, leaning back against the door, and waited for a moment to see if he could hear any voices in the mansion.  The house was dark and quiet and lonely, matching his heart.  Even Kit's tiny arms around his neck could seem to get rid of the aching in his heart.  "It would seem..." he whisper, swallowing hard against the tightness in his throat, "that they make such a nice couple..."

It had started at the Flame Festival, watching everything going on off to the side, and as usual keeping out of the way.  He had spoke to Private Guhtgeiswyn for a few minutes, him apologies for her having to search Coerthas when Howl had been in Ul'dah, though he didn't go into details on how he was hurt.  He had still been in shock over how many pies Jancis had eaten, and happy when Khuj'a had come to watch a little bit of the Joust that took place near the end of the festival.  He even arrived at the Grindstone late but it had been worth it.  He had been healing for Flower when strong arms wrap about him, causing him to almost jump out of his skin.

He had spun around, taking in the sight of Howl as he had been before Ryuuga had taken control of his body.  He had thrown his arms around Howl, letting Howl's aether flow over him.  Yes, it really was him and he laugh as Howl spun him around.  Then he introduce him to her, Xhosa Tauzeh.  He realize how pretty she was but didn't notice the touches that Howl and her exchanged with each other because he had been so blinded by his happiness on Howl being back to himself and forever free from Ryuuga.

It wasn't until he was back to healing that he truly notice the exchange of touches, the brush of their tails against each other, how she whisper at him, and the blush that stain his cheek.  John watch them head back to the stone and he realize that he was always going to remain on the outside, just as he realize with Sam and with Sara.  "I'll remain his best friend..." he murmured, stroking Kit's arm.  "This stupid crush will fade in time.  It won't hurt when it's gone...right, Kit?"  He stumble his way up the stair, dreading the letter that Xhosa said that she would send.  "To train me... I'll make sure she right for him and then slip off to the side like before."

He curl up on the couch in front of the fire.  "I'll still have you, right Kit?" he asked, clutching Kit's book to his chest.  He let his eyes drift close, those thoughts in his head.

John open his eyes, seeing the darken room, the bright sunlight never reaching into the room he stood in.  Yet there was light, as he turn, and smile at the small family as he brought a tray of tea over.  Two young kits were playing with the small wooden toys and Howl and Xhosa were leaning in close, speaking to each other.  He sat the tray down, staying well out of the light that surrounded the family, knowing he would never be a part of it.  Words of greetings were exchange, laughter, though strain on his part fill that little bubble of light.

He look down at the little ones, seeing a mixture of the dad and mom in them.  They were teasures, since they were Howl's children, and he regale them with stories of their dad and their mom, making the couple blush, and the light grew brighter, the slight touch feeling like it burn him.  It wasn't long before the little family stood, he follow after them, wanting to be in the light even if it burnt him alive.

Howl turn and wave at him and John slam into a barrier, unable to pass out of the room.  "No..." he shouted, trying to find an edge to the barrier, and his eyes widen as the family turn away from him.  He slam his hand against the barrier.  "NO, DON'T LEAVE."  He slide down the barrier, "don't leave me alone...." he whisper, even as the darkness of the room closed in and suffocated him.

John's eyes flew open, grasping for air, and stared in terror at the darken room.  It took him a moment to relax his grip on Kit's book, taken in the dying fire, and letting the room come into focus.  He was in the library of the hall.  The dream...except it wasn't Howl and Xhosa that had been the couple that had original been in it.  Tanya and Sam had been the first and then Pick and Sara.  And as much as he remember Howl's words, the dream always reminded him how alone he would always be.

He laid in the dark, watching the fire continue die, and he kept repeating to himself, and hoping that he would believe it one day.  "It's a stupid crush...get over it John."

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 10-24-2015

John drop onto the couch and stretched out on it.  Kit came and settle on his chest, grinning down at him.  "I'm glad that I don't have to hide my feeling for him."  He closed his eyes going back to the party.  The party had been good and he still grins at Howl's costume.  "A really good Goblin and to think he threw it together at the last minute."  Kit giggle again even as John yawn.  "Night, Kit.  Try and get some rest.  Got a busy day at the clinic tomorrow."

She flick up from his chest, becoming aether and settling into her book.  He removed the pointed hat of the witches costume and drop it in the floor beside him.  Once he was settle, thoughts of Howl and the night settling into his dreams.

John laugh as the breeze blew a mini dust devil across the sand, several seeker kits chasing after it in laughter.  Ul'dah shining as always in the foreground.  "They seem even more lively then usually," he said to Howl.  There was laughter in the violet eyes and John was sure he would happily drown in them.  The female miqo'te sit the drink down between them.  "Lady Xhosa, I could have gotten those," he said.  She only smiles at him as she place her and Howl's drink on the table.  He didn't feel sorry for Howl as he probably found himself trap between him and his wife.

He glance over, realizing that Khuj'a and his partner had just arrived.  He reach a hand up to wave to them when he felt something dark and twisted trying to touch the edge of his aether.  "What..."

'John...why won't you... wake up, wake up, WAKE UP....'

John step back, seeing the edge the desert becoming a twisted version of itself.  "Howl..." he call out, turning to his friend.  Horror began to rise up in his throat as he saw a second Howl...no, Ryuuga behind Howl.  He tried to move but he found himself sinking into the dark....pain lashed across....

...his nose, and he landed hard on the floor beside the couch.  His hand came up trying to make sure that his nose wasn't broken, even as his aether began to stop the blood.  "Kit..." he said only to have a neck full of fairy, tiny arms wrap as best they could around his neck.  "Kit what happen?"

'You won't wake up.  Felt you become scare and called and called.'  He could feel her shaking against his neck.  'Something bad...dark...'

"I'm ok..." he said, stroking his finger along her head.  Yet, he was shaking as well.  He look out the window and could just make out the first bit of light.  "Come on," he said.  "I'm going to change then I better talk to either Raimy or Titor about this."

It didn't take him long to change out of the costume.  He drop the dream crystal in the small box that he kept his jewelry in and slipping it back into his bag.  "Really hope it was just whatever I grab out of the icebox."  He shiver even as he went in search of Titor or Raimy.

RE: A Healer's heart (open) - Star Lin - 10-25-2015

(ooc: a joint RP between Rhaiwen's player and myself for our FC halloween event.  Follow up will be in Fighter's soul)

John didn't understand it, as whistle for Safire, that sweep of exhaustion that was sapping his strength little by little.  It wasn't too bad at first, an yawn here and there as he spoke over the Division Linkpearl.  Even Khuj'a had notice and he explain that he suddenly tired but he hadn't done any major healing.  He reached for the aether around him, shifting through until he found the Hall's aetherite, and teleported there.

The moment he came out of it, there was such a wash of exhaustion that he wasn't sure how he was staying on his feet.  Leaning against the door, he gather what energy he had, and began the long climb up the stairs to the upstairs lounge.  "khuj'a....remind me to... Titor...about some...thing last night..."  He didn't hear the reply as he fell onto the couch, mind already sinking into dreams.

Finally. A satisfied smile curled Salacea's thin lips up as the boy finally succumbed to her spells. Holding out her hand, she called his dream to her, peering inside to determine the best course of action to take here. "Hm, sweet little thing.. Show me now. Show me what you fear the most." The dream began to grow dark at her touch as her crimson eyes peered inside intently. What path should she take with this one? Oh, the choices!

The dream had started out nice enough...his sister laughing as she lean up against Sam.  He was at the fire with Kitten, the plainfolk laughing at her Hellguard husband as he grumble about the Aldgoats.  As she reprimand Raging, John stood up, slipping away for the fire, following after Sara.  He clutched the flowers in his hand, and going after her.  He knew he didn't want to hurt his sister by telling her that he been in love...no had been crushing on Sam.  But Sara was kind to him, even with his curse...

He stop in his tracks for a moment, wonder why that thought didn't seem right anymore.  He couldn't quite make out the face, gold hair and violet eyes but it was gone and he was blinking.  "Oh no...I've lost her," he said, running through a desert that was becoming darker by the second.  "Sara...Tanya...Rage....Where are you?"  Why...why was no one answering him.

"They're all gone, sweet little John," Salacea murmured. Laughing, she appeared just off to his left, her crimson eyes glowing brightly. "All gone. You're alone now. They all left you behind." Grinning with malice, she floated slowly closer to him. A desolate feeling closed around him as she neared. "Alone and forgotten. You won't burden them any longer, isn't that wonderful?"

John spun around at the voice, stumbling backwards as the creature started moving toward him.  "Who are you....what are you...what have you done to my sister and the others."  He turn to try and run only to find his feet caught in the growing darkness around him.  He fell forward, sinking down, loneliness drowning him.  Then something grab hold of his hand, an aether he knew well.  'Remember Johny,' something whisper, no someone that would sit next to him, showing him how to peel an apple.  'no matter what anyone says, you not cursed.'  But before he could understand what was going on, Pick had vanish, like a ghost.

"You're lying," he said trying to pull free.  "Sister would never leave me behind."  He finally found himself free, heading back in the direction that his sister and the others where.  "Tanya...Sam... somethings after me..."  Yet there was nothing.  No sound at all.  "Please, someone anyone answer me."

A clawed hand shot out, snagging a tight hold in John's hair to bring him up short. Leaning over his shoulder, she hissed softly, "You're alone, kitten. Alone and defenseless. No one will come for you here. Why should they?" Jerking him around to face her, she smiled unpleasantly. Her free hand moved, snagging at John's wrist in a punishing grip.

A thought was all it took to cause the fabric of his gloves to rot away. "I hope you're ready, boy. I'm going to show you.. so many things." Her crimson eyes boring into his, she forced his hand up to her cheek, reveling in the memories of all the slaughter she had caused over her long lifetime.

He cried out has his hair was pulled so hard he almost fell backwards.  "Let go..." he began only to find himself jerked around and his hand was caught, the grip grinding the bones in his wrist together.  His eyes widen as the gloves rotted off his hands and he began to fight even more.  "No, no, no..." he said, fighting to get away from her.  "You don't know what you're doing...I'll taint you."

Violet eyes again.  'You'll not cursed...you care and been there for me.'  And the unknown person was gone but he drew strength...enough to form something in his hand.  A blade of healing aether, fire in the center of it, managing to bring the 'dagger' in on her faces before his other hand touch her.  He almost smile as the 'blade' hit before his eyes glaze over and his mind was fell into the horror of her memories.  In the waking world, his scream ran through the Hall, but only two others hear it yet they were caught by Salacea's web of nightmares as well.

The blade struck home just beneath Salacea's left eye, sinking deep into her face. She only gave a gruesome smile, laughing as John began to scream. "That's right. Take it all in. Suffer, trapped inside a never-ending parade of agony." Flitting away from John, she left the dream and settled upon her sofa once more, watching the three nightmares float before her with a satisfied smile.

John hit the ground as she left him, not that he was aware of her leaving.  Even as his body in the waking world went still, horror covering his face, John in the nightmare continue to scream, the dreamscape reflecting the memories, the dead, blood, and what those caught by her voice did to win her favor.  'Howl...' a small part of himself thought but was lost in a sea of blood.