Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Questions: Can my character...? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Questions: Can my character...? (/showthread.php?tid=10281)

Pages: 1 2

RP Questions: Can my character...? - MrPoopyButtHole - 02-23-2015

Ello folks! After playing Dragon Age all over again (including DAI) I want to have my character (who is a bard) release books to the Hydaelyn public. I got the idea from Varric who is always releasing various tales and novellas to the public (High on Hardtown for example).

So I wouldn't use my characters real name and instead a pen name. Ser Ralip Grayen is a small time author releasing everything from historical text of The Shroud to dirty smut. Some of his famous titles are as follows:

50 Shades of Roe (Erotic novella)
The Voidsent Within (Science Fiction)
The Long Kiss Goodbye (Romantic Novella)
The Black Shroud: Secrets of the Trees (Historical text)
How to Lose Gil and Alienate People (Comedy Novella)
Letters to my Father (Drama Novella)
The Art of Slavery (Historical Text)
I love you, please die (Romantic Comedy Novella)
When the Twelve Slumber (Erotic Novella)

Okay but seriously what do you people think? Plausible to have an author releasing various titles to the public?

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Chris Ganale - 02-23-2015

Seems legit to me.

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Dogberry - 02-23-2015

There already is a character in game who is a noted romance author. Her name is Tahrara Kivenera.

I believe there are several others as well.

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Magellan - 02-23-2015

I love it when characters bump up against the Fourth Wall (50 Shades of Roe Tongue ). My bard once composed a song called 'What does the Carby say?' that was eerily similar to 'What does the Fox say?'

I say go for it. I may even have one of my characters read some of your titles, if that is permissible.

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Aya - 02-23-2015

There are both such writers and peddlers of such books already!  Knock yourself out! :-D

Quote:'What does the Fox say?'
Depends what you ask her!

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Gegenji - 02-23-2015

No Couerl in the 'Pearl?
Or Hopoto on Popoto?

What about Lore Axe, a child's cautionary tale about what happens when you accumulate woodsin!?

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - V'aleera - 02-23-2015

V'aleera is a bit of a bibliophile, so if your character does decide to start publishing you can certainly expect her to be a customer.

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Dasair - 02-23-2015

I have a character who is an IC scribe and book-binder, and will ICly (while I OOCly) write down people's stories / requests for them, as well as things he's written himself. As in, literally; he will meet with someone's character, they tell him their story, and he will write and 'publish' the thing, binding the book for it and all. A link to the actual story will be made so the person in question can actually keep it and direct people to it, saying 'yep, this is the book my character had made and written' so people can read it and know what it's actually about. As well as coming up with however many copies they want. Not that anyone's finished taking him up on that yet since he came to the surface (an attempt was made though, but life arose), but yeah.

In short, I think it's completely plausible! Someone's gotta write all those books out there.

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - ChewableMorphine - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 04:50 PM)ForbieJD Wrote: How to Lose Gil and Alienate People (Comedy Novella)

Publishing my work I see. I demand royalties!

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Virella - 02-23-2015

By all means go for it!

Shame we don't have addons available to us (as of now). GHI was a blast to have to trade books and what not.

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - MrPoopyButtHole - 02-23-2015

Wow! Thank you all for the feedback and tips! I will definitely being going thisite route! So feel free to use any said titles in your rps! Happy rping!

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Mitzer The Mighty - 02-23-2015

Yaass Do this!

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Kage - 02-23-2015

Could we get something like a Gridanian Miqo'te in Ul'dah?

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - MrPoopyButtHole - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 07:36 PM)Kage Wrote: Could we get something like a Gridanian Miqo'te in Ul'dah?
His next book will be "The Lonely Man's Guide to Love: Country Miqo'te Meets the City" (Romantic Novella dedicated to Kage)

RE: RP Questions: Can my character...? - Kage - 02-24-2015

(02-23-2015, 07:57 PM)ForbieJD Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 07:36 PM)Kage Wrote: Could we get something like a Gridanian Miqo'te in Ul'dah?
His next book will be "The Lonely Man's Guide to Love: Country Miqo'te Meets the City" (Romantic Novella dedicated to Kage)
Awww :3 <3

The Hyur and the Roegadyn?
(Beauty and the Beast?)