Hydaelyn Role-Players
Interaction of Multiple Free Companies - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Interaction of Multiple Free Companies (/showthread.php?tid=10813)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Interaction of Multiple Free Companies - Maril - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 02:35 PM)Casden Reeves Wrote:
(04-24-2015, 01:22 PM)Mercurias Wrote: If my own group doesn't attend, I'd probably show as a nonrep just to see what it's all about

Well unless something has changed since last I've seen, you won't be able too.

Only FC leaders and a delegate can attend.
Which means any outside interaction will be excluded.

That may have changed though.

Just chiming in to re-confirm that I am still going to stream all of this. I'll be using Twitch which has a chat that people both inside and outside (eg the people just watching via stream) can use. 

*rolls back out*

RE: Interaction of Multiple Free Companies - Erik Mynhier - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 03:58 PM)Nailah Wrote:
(04-24-2015, 01:22 PM)Mercurias Wrote: If my own group doesn't attend, I'd probably show as a nonrep just to see what it's all about

Just chiming in to re-confirm that I am still going to stream all of this. I'll be using Twitch which has a chat that people both inside and outside (eg the people just watching via stream) can use. 

*rolls back out*

That makes me wonder would it help people feel more at ease if we have a time set aside for people outside the event to field questions? Like...

"Hey, I'm looking for a FC with XYZ, do any of you do that?"

"Hey I noticed some of you liked XYZ. Well I have a ic business in a personal house that does XYZ. Just throwing that out there."

RE: Interaction of Multiple Free Companies - Maril - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 04:04 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
(04-24-2015, 03:58 PM)Nailah Wrote:

*rolls back out*

That makes me wonder would it help people feel more at ease if we have a time set aside for people outside the event to field questions? Like...

"Hey, I'm looking for a FC with XYZ, do any of you do that?"

"Hey I noticed some of you liked XYZ. Well I have a ic business in a personal house that does XYZ. Just throwing that out there."

I'd definitely be open to try and help with getting some questions across and the likes, if people were interested in it. I'd say set some time aside for it, and then we'll see if there's any interest for it on the day. I'm going to do a test soon and see what options I have for moderating chat as well (should it be needed, I doubt it will).

RE: Interaction of Multiple Free Companies - Mercurias - 04-24-2015

That's actually a really awesome idea! I like your thinkin'.

RE: Interaction of Multiple Free Companies - Renata Lynn - 04-29-2015

Maybe it should just be called "The Meeting of Interested FCs Who Want to Learn to Mingle and Do Other Things Really Good Too"?

I think, from reading the thread, the word "Summit" is what turned some people off. Summits, in mainstream culture, usually bring to mind the G8 Summit, peace talks, and the ilk. 

That said, I think the spirit and intent are noble, and if I were able to, I'd represent my fc in a heartbeat, alas, I have not been with them long enough to feel comfortable asking the FC leaders to attend, though I will make sure they know of it...and my alt is being auctioned off that evening, lol.