Hydaelyn Role-Players
Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Alternative to Gilgamesh? (/showthread.php?tid=3919)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - thealmightypoe - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 08:35 PM)Aysun Wrote: I don't want to wait either, but I don't actually even have a choice in the matter. I have to wait. My main is on Balmung, which is currently in a constant state of "server full" and before that other various errors.

It's not a matter of telling people to wait while we all sit and have fun, because the majority of us are NOT having fun right now. We're locked out too. We're crashing. We're unable to progress due to the instances not loading. It's MMO growing pains, and it will pass.

I had a friend earlier try to create a character and only ONE server was available on NA/EU - yet another reason waiting for Gilgamesh or Balmung should be considered..?

(08-25-2013, 08:30 PM)Isis Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 08:19 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 08:17 PM)raindrops Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 08:11 PM)Aysun Wrote: Are you also fine with agreeing not to openly try to recruit people away from Gilgamesh and Balmung who might be willing to wait and/or transfer later? :/ I doubt that..

You are literally saying here that you don't want people who can't currently get on to Gilgamesh to be able to play at all.

Does that not strike you as a little selfish?
Hell no, I want them to come to Balmung. Smile

I've always been for uniting the community. A third server is an absolutely terrible idea, unless it's temporary, and from the sounds of things, you don't want it to be temporary.

I am currently locked out of the game as well. Within a week, you guys could all be on one of the already chosen RP servers. Instead, you are being impatient. Why? Because you can't level? Because you're "falling behind"? It's not a race, and we're ALL experiencing server problems right now. This is just asinine.

I chuckled at this...sorry. My head is odd.

ikr it's hilarious isn't it Y'vali

Seriously. If you guys choose a 3rd server.. well. Whatever, I guess. If progression is that important, have fun progressing?
QFT

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Naunet - 08-26-2013

(08-25-2013, 08:19 PM)Aysun Wrote: I am currently locked out of the game as well. Within a week, you guys could all be on one of the already chosen RP servers. Instead, you are being impatient. Why? Because you can't level? Because you're "falling behind"? It's not a race, and we're ALL experiencing server problems right now. This is just asinine.

It may not be a race per se, but many of us have obligations to progress our characters as efficiently as possible so that we can contribute to endgame progression with our guild. "Falling behind" is a legitimate frustration to not being able to log in. Hell, I was able to create my character on Balmung, but even I'm stuck feeling like I'm "falling behind" while others in my guild continue leveling. I don't like feeling like I'm not contributing as much as I can to my group's goal. That is not asinine; it's called wanting to contribute to the team.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - LiadansWhisper - 08-26-2013

(08-25-2013, 11:59 PM)thealmightypoe Wrote: QFT

Yes, well, we know that it's all just whining as far as you're concerned.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - thealmightypoe - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 04:32 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 11:59 PM)thealmightypoe Wrote: QFT

Yes, well, we know that it's all just whining as far as you're concerned.

I let it pass the first few times. But this is getting ridiculous. There was one post that was borderline whining, so i pointed it out, explaining that what that poster wanted to do would be hard and difficult and it would take more work than "hoping" to get done.

Then I get a flurry of posts from people who say "that my post was meaningless and had no purpose in this topic what so ever" in which THOSE posts actually had no merrit, but I let that slide.

Now, i agree with someone who actually put the things I believe into a better worded format, and I get called out for an earlier post that im pretty sure you already harassed me about.  Then when i put more content into my posts, it gets ignored but the previous post still gets quoted instead.

I swear, every other thread in this website are entitled roleplayers who only want people who agree to them and beat around the bush when it comes to talking bluntly.  I'm sorry, I call it how I see it.

Sorry for getting derailed.

Anywho, it will be hard for everyone during this time of server congestion. I especially feel bad for those who had early access and it turned into something more like "server beta 2.0".

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - AkhutaiAngura - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 01:52 AM)Naunet Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 08:19 PM)Aysun Wrote: I am currently locked out of the game as well. Within a week, you guys could all be on one of the already chosen RP servers. Instead, you are being impatient. Why? Because you can't level? Because you're "falling behind"? It's not a race, and we're ALL experiencing server problems right now. This is just asinine.

It may not be a race per se, but many of us have obligations to progress our characters as efficiently as possible so that we can contribute to endgame progression with our guild. "Falling behind" is a legitimate frustration to not being able to log in. Hell, I was able to create my character on Balmung, but even I'm stuck feeling like I'm "falling behind" while others in my guild continue leveling. I don't like feeling like I'm not contributing as much as I can to my group's goal. That is not asinine; it's called wanting to contribute to the team.

What Aysun is saying, though, doesn't pertain to people with FC obligations.

People with FC obligations will be waiting for the server their FC is on to open up, so they can play with said FC and fulfill said obligations.

Aysun is talking to the people that are talking about switching servers because of congestion and an inability to get in and create a character - Which would void any obligations anyways. You know, due to being on a different server and able to help even less than a lower level on the same server. It's all about context, darlin'.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Naunet - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 05:37 PM)Kaln Wrote: Aysun is talking to the people that are talking about switching servers because of congestion and an inability to get in and create a character - Which would void any obligations anyways. You know, due to being on a different server and able to help even less than a lower level on the same server. It's all about context, darlin'.

No need to get snarky, but I got the sense she was making a broader statement. And even if one didn't have an FC yet, I can still understand the want to keep up with the herd, so to speak.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Aldotsk - 08-26-2013

@Aysun:
I really would like to see you able to endure the rage of inability to play games with your friends for last two days including open beta because of severe errors ._.

Because this is ridiculous. We are in a server full of reddit players that is overpopulating 70% of the population and 20% of other communities and 10% of roleplayers. That doesn't change that this server is beyond the save of allowing people to play on it since it's too populated. It's #1 most over populated server.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Asyria - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 06:59 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: @Aysun:
I really would like to see you able to endure the rage of inability to play games with your friends for last two days including open beta because of severe errors ._.[snip]

Been there done that about a half-dozen times.

Let's just do what we want to do and stop arguing about possibilities.

Like that guy who posted to let people know on was on Sargatanas and asked who else was there.
That's a good initiative.

Arguing about the situation and who is more frustrated and why wait or why roll elsewhere?
Bad initiative.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - ReforgedWoodenSword - 08-26-2013

F***ing HARD nerd-rage.

*holds out a glowing wooden sword* It's dangerous to go alone. TAKE THIS.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Rue - 08-26-2013

(08-24-2013, 06:17 PM)undefined Wrote:
(08-24-2013, 06:10 PM)Fenrir Wrote: It wouldn't of been hard to switch to, say, Lamia, when we heard about how Gilgamesh would be various other communities' go-to server, but people downplayed the overpopulation aspect, and look where we are.

It's bittersweet.

It's not declared but there is a group on Moogle whom are rping there either till more people join them or waiting for Bal or Gila to open up.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Elease - 08-26-2013

What about making a JP server a RP server? (since they seem to have less down time and lower population then the us/eu servers.) Or would there be some negative to that? Besides the higher chance of lag.

Just a thought... Im new to the community and dont want to step on any toes, heh.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - thealmightypoe - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 09:43 PM)Elease Wrote: What about making a JP server a RP server? (since they seem to have less down time and lower population then the us/eu servers.) Or would there be some negative to that? Besides the higher chance of lag.

Just a thought... Im new to the community and dont want to step on any toes, heh.
not a terrible idea.  There will be some hate from the japanese community of english speakers being there, however, it does have the space to accommodate a large population. Hell, if enough RP people head that way, there's a possibility that the majority of english speaking players would be RP players.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - raindrops - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 04:58 PM)thealmightypoe Wrote: I let it pass the first few times. But this is getting ridiculous. There was one post that was borderline whining, so i pointed it out, explaining that what that poster wanted to do would be hard and difficult and it would take more work than "hoping" to get done.

Excuse me? You have made it abundantly clear that you did not even read my posts. Nowhere did I say I was hoping, I was discussing potential solutions in a thread for discussing potential solutions. Rather than rushing on ahead and making my own shiny special RP linkshell on a server without prior organization because that is excatly what I said I am trying to avoid. You've been nothing but rude to me, and even when I've dropped it you're continuing to make shots at me?

Stop playing the victim when you've been nothing but rude, condescending and, with the exception of your latest post, completely unwilling, not just to contribute, but even to let other people discuss things in a topic for discussing things.

Back on topic, I'm not sure a JP server would be a good idea. The lower population point made at the start of this thread is a good one and while I don't think it's a concern for any of the NA servers the JP servers are less populated and there would be a language divide, making the pool of people still smaller. I do think that one of the servers added during P4 would work well - there'll be some very immediate login problems, especially now we've hit launch proper, but none that are likely to last as long as Gilgamesh's. They have no communities associated with them from before P4, for obvious reasons, and while we don't know much about transfers they're the least likely to have transfer restrictions put on them if that turns out to be an issue in the future (and on the very small offchance that people are offered free character transfers - there's been rumours of this but I am sceptical - they're the most likely to be offered because of their lower populations).

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - belderiver - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 11:12 PM)raindrops Wrote:
(08-26-2013, 04:58 PM)thealmightypoe Wrote: I let it pass the first few times. But this is getting ridiculous. There was one post that was borderline whining, so i pointed it out, explaining that what that poster wanted to do would be hard and difficult and it would take more work than "hoping" to get done.

Excuse me? You have made it abundantly clear that you did not even read my posts. Nowhere did I say I was hoping, I was discussing potential solutions in a thread for discussing potential solutions. Rather than rushing on ahead and making my own shiny special RP linkshell on a server without prior organization because that is excatly what I said I am trying to avoid. You've been nothing but rude to me, and even when I've dropped it you're continuing to make shots at me?

Stop playing the victim when you've been nothing but rude, condescending and, with the exception of your latest post, completely unwilling, not just to contribute, but even to let other people discuss things in a topic for discussing things.
Seriously. If you're going to act like a jerk, don't be surprised when people line up to tell you that you're acting like a jerk.

RE: Alternative to Gilgamesh? - Erik Mynhier - 08-27-2013

I got tired of waiting 12 hours and just clicked Cactar. I'm just going to take it easy and work on getting my crafting up. Going to just hang out until update 1 or 2 when they drop the server-jump service. Just take it easy and wait it out people.