Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Secondary RP Server (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-01-2013

1- Nope!
That was for the 1.0 vote when there was a Mysidia server. Tongue

2- Maybe!

3- That's what the Wildcard vote is for.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 01:57 PM)Xenedra Wrote: I would roll around with the server~ /tiger growl
(07-01-2013, 03:50 PM)Mara Wrote: Where do I sign up for this one? Wink
I think you two are rolling for different reasons to me :p

Think I might roll for this one instead...

(07-01-2013, 05:46 PM)Asyria Wrote: [Image: RydiaServer.jpg]

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Nikytta - 07-01-2013

The RPers (and possibly a few trolls) that have not got access to this forum have commenced their own parallel poll. It would be nice if the results of this can be added to the tally as they will be unable to vote here given that membership has been closed for this time.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/69183-Roleplayer-Selection-Thread-Take-2

Moogle

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Vashies Alexander - 07-01-2013

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwI-XwkOVMq8e1H5d0NfA...5C8xZcb-Gl]   
The Race is on!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 08:05 PM)Nikytta Wrote: The RPers (and possibly a few trolls) that have not got access to this forum have commenced their own parallel poll. It would be nice if the results of this can be added to the tally as they will be unable to vote here given that membership has been closed for this time.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/69183-Roleplayer-Selection-Thread-Take-2

Moogle
The reason membership was closed is to prevent people from joining just to vote and alter the votes of people who have been showing some degree of interest and participation in the community so far.

I don't think votes going on elsewhere would or should affect the RPC's results. Of course, people are still free to go wherever they like so if those other folks voting end up on a different server than us, people may go there, too.

Of course, we'd all like to have the most RPers together in the same spot, but at the same time, there's different communities who work in different ways and we can'T forcefully bring everyone together. ^^;

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Varus - 07-01-2013

@any forum Lurkers who want to vote but cannot use the medium provided by the RPC due to the registration lock:

I encourage anyone who wants to vote for a Non-Legacy RP server to go to this thread and cast your vote. I will do my best to keep the atmosphere as positive as possible while addressing as many concerns as I can answer! Thanks for your time!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Kylin - 07-01-2013

You do realize that if the beta forums poll results differ from the RPC's now, all hell will likely break loose? I can't promise that we're going to recognize what happens over there in any shape or form. A discussion is ongoing with the forum team now about it though...

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Y'sehr - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 07:59 PM)Asyria Wrote: 1- Nope!
That was for the 1.0 vote when there was a Mysidia server. Tongue

2- Maybe!

3- That's what the Wildcard vote is for.
But what if I end up on Balmung?? Then I would be ruining the poll! Surprise

Can we refer to the server as Rydia anyway? Cool

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Trickery - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 08:11 PM)Asyria Wrote: The reason membership was closed is to prevent people from joining just to vote and alter the votes of people who have been showing some degree of interest and participation in the community so far.

I understand the reasoning behind closing off registration, but at the same time I think it was somewhat of a foul move, since I don't recall there being any warning that registration would be suspended.

Doing that basically makes this an in house RPC only vote which doesn't take into account anyone else in the "RP community" that this actually supposed to be creating. I'm pretty sure anyone could have told you that Gilgamesh was the RPC favorite going into this, but outside of RPC, on the Beta forums where the rest of the community lies, Gilgamesh wasn't nearly as popular.

Not being able to register has effectively cut off all but two members of my Free Company from voting. That's 20 something votes.

If there was warning of some sort issued, than I retract this statement as it would simply have been my inattentiveness at work and my inability to tell my FC members to register early to ensure their vote.

If there wasn't any warning, though, then I have to cry foul.

If the intended community was purposely supposed to represent the RPC and not any of the members that work outside of it, then have at it. If your intent was to reach ALL RPers though, and not just members of the club, then I think you went about this wrong.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Y'sehr - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 08:24 PM)Kylin Wrote: You do realize that if the beta forums poll results differ from the RPC's now, all hell will likely break loose? I can't promise that we're going to recognize what happens over there in any shape or form. A discussion is ongoing with the forum team now about it though...

Okay, I have a real question for once. Considering this is just a decision for the people who are actually online, and considering there is no especial incentive to end up somewhere except that we feel like since nothing is permanent as yet, and also considering if an official RP server is added this whole thing is moot... can't we just talk to those guys, agree on a server generally, and call it good?

I'm just saying, as long as everyone we can reach online is willing to just say "sure, why not" and join up for the sake of RP, aren't we set? I had a character on Malboro the first weekend. I swapped to Gilgamesh because you guys had an event there this last weekend. Is this about something other than us all staying together? Cuz as cool as being on Gilgamesh sounds, I wanna hang with fun people I can RP with.

I'm not trying to trivialize anything or point fingers, I'm honestly confused that this is a big issue that can't be resolved with multi-party discussion between everyone on the internets.

Sorry if I just haven't paid enough attention. I'm honestly trying to understand why this whole topic has been so serious.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Varus - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 08:24 PM)Kylin Wrote: You do realize that if the beta forums poll results differ from the RPC's now, all hell will likely break loose? I can't promise that we're going to recognize what happens over there in any shape or form. A discussion is ongoing with the forum team now about it though...
I am aware of the issues, yes. Most likely the trolling that may happen and that the RPC wouldn't approve of the beta poll results. 

I decided to chance it anyway. But thanks for the discussion! Whatever conclusion the team comes up with, I know you all do it in the best interests of the community.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Jayce Lightfall - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 08:32 PM)Trickery Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 08:11 PM)Asyria Wrote: The reason membership was closed is to prevent people from joining just to vote and alter the votes of people who have been showing some degree of interest and participation in the community so far.

I understand the reasoning behind closing off registration, but at the same time I think it was somewhat of a foul move, since I don't recall there being any warning that registration would be suspended.

Doing that basically makes this an in house RPC only vote which doesn't take into account anyone else in the "RP community" that this actually supposed to be creating. I'm pretty sure anyone could have told you that Gilgamesh was the RPC favorite going into this, but outside of RPC, on the Beta forums where the rest of the community lies, Gilgamesh wasn't nearly as popular.

Not being able to register has effectively cut off all but two members of my Free Company from voting. That's 20 something votes.

If there was warning of some sort issued, than I retract this statement as it would simply have been my inattentiveness at work and my inability to tell my FC members to register early to ensure their vote.

If the intended community was purposely supposed to represent the RPC and not any of the members that work outside of it, then have at it. If your intent was to reach ALL RPers though, and not just members of the club, then I think you went about this wrong.

Please refer to - http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2227

Especially note Regarding A Non-Legacy RP Server. Everyone had ample warning of registration restrictions.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Aysun - 07-01-2013

He spelled out why he limited it. We want the poll to represent people who are actually involved with the RPC.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Nikytta - 07-01-2013

Well said. For such an important poll that would be in the interest of more than just the RPC RPers, to basically deny them the right to have their say damages the legitimacy of this whole endeavor.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Alothia - 07-01-2013

Not only was there the thread posting about why it was being closed off, there was a link to that thread at the top of the entire forum, much like the one right now talking about the poll, for at least 4 or 5 days before we closed registration.