Hydaelyn Role-Players
Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=10548)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Naunet - 03-14-2015

Thal made sure to stay on top of K'ile as they fell and drove his elbow against the Tia's sternum.

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Illira - 03-14-2015

It was not hard to find the group in the dark, not with all the noise that they made, but Cypress was aware that there was far more than Thal or D'aijeen there. So she approached with a lit hand, as if to feel for someone.

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Twinflame - 03-14-2015

Meggido's brow lifted, not appearing very threatened by the Lalafel. "This is a terrible place for any kind of discussion, if I felt like having one. If you would prefer for me not to let anyone who is not already dead leave this confrontation alive, I would implore you to find a peaceful way to end it." That said, the Duskwight turned away from the Lalafel, walking in an unrelated southeast direction toward nothing in particular. He threw the knife in his hand out in front of him, and the long, thin cloth tapestry that extended from its hilt curled into the air behind him as though stirred by a heavy wind.

As Thal drove his elbow into K'ile's sternum, the Tia drove his knee into Thal's side. K'ile tried to roll so that Thal would fall off of him as they tumbled into the dirt. K'aijeen landed to one side of them, twisting and kicking her legs and trying to pull away but still bound to the pair by the searing grip on her arm. Weeds around them flickered with small yellow fires as the heat ignited them, the ground beneath them giving way and glistening.

K'ile's attack jarred Thal to one side, but he tried to take advantage of it, swinging himself even harder to the side than the Tia's blow would have caused. As he did this, he tightened his grip on K'ile and jerked him around with the roll before hurling him over and away, bolstering this action with a solid kick with both feet.

K'ile hit the dirt a yalm away from Thal and rolled another yalm before stopping, a trail quartz-laden dirt between them. His hand had been wrenched painfully from K'aijeens arm, but he curled his fingers against the sprained wrist and ignored it as he got to his feet, glaring at the undead Miqo'te. "You're already damned. You're not the only person who can warn Ul'dahns about the Amal'jaa, so what are you even fighting for? Why are you protecting her?"

As soon as K'ile's grip on her was broken, she pushed herself back up against Thal and wrapped her limbs around him. She his her face against him and choked out pained sobs.

Thal straightened some, reaching behind him with one hand to rest it on D'aijeen. For the first time, he felt an instinct much stronger than his prior urges to protect her, and he broadened his stance so that he was a physical wall between K'ile and the girl. "She's just a kid. I don't care if you think she's some abomination. Maybe she is, maybe I am, but she's also a kid. You don't treat kids like this."

"Age does not excuse ones actions. She is a danger and is responsible for not only the death of innocents, but the shattering of a voidgate. She plays with the order of the world. By bringing people back from the dead when their time has expired. There is no acceptable excuse for what she does." Cypress said, standing a few fulms away, her head not quite looking straight at anyone.

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Ildur - 03-14-2015

Ulanan huffed in the Duskwight's direction and stomped the ground yet again. "This is the last time I'll let you get away with not explaining anything!" she shouted in his direction. Her immediate next action was to turn to the other group of bickering people and shout to them instead.

"Stop fighting! The old man is grumpy, and old, and wants you to stop fighting!" She accentuated, clearly annoyed. She spent the next few moments raising her book in front of her chest, channeling aether into it.

"Hey Roegadyn!" K'ile shouted, and as he did so he dropped into a crouch and launched himself at Thal. "I'll hold them in place, you blow them up! Aim for this!" He had every intention of grappling Thal to the ground.

"Not looking for excuses," Thal snapped. "Just some gods damned underst--" Thal grunted as a sudden K'ile explosion slammed into him. He pushed D'aijeen away with hard but necessary force as he dropped back to the ground. His legs kicked up, knees trying to find K'ile's soft belly.

Cypress, listening to fairly unfamiliar, yet sane voice of K'ile drew up on her aether, encouraging flames to manifest in her palms. She thrust them in a mass towards where she'd heard the voice.

RE: Meetings in the Wastes [Closed] - Ildur - 03-14-2015

"I said stop!" Ulanan shouted again, almost a screech. She raised both hands, the tome held between them, releasing the aether into a cloud of ice to intercept Cypress' fire with it.

"There's something odd with that 'helpful' man!"

K'aijeen shouted when Thal threw her aside, hitting the dirt and scrambling away. A few fulms later, she turned to watch.

K'ile struggled with Thal, taking the hit from his knee painfully, which triggered a flash of heat that melted the dirt beneath them and burned the plants around them. K'ile curled himself up to protect himself from further kneeing, just anchoring Thal in place as much as he could.

Thal grabbed at K'ile's shoulders and tried to lurch to one side, as he'd done before, to either throat K'ile off or roll to get on top of him.

Another fireball followed the first as Cypress shouted at Ulanan, "I will not. And you will not stand in the way."