Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] The Grindstone - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] The Grindstone (/showthread.php?tid=4458)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Grindstone - Moogleslayer - 11-12-2013

I'm also relatively new to the server and very interested in what you have going here. My character isn't interested in making a name for herself, but I'm sure she'd love to watch the fights and maybe partake in a little bit of gambling. I'm gonna swing by Wednesday to check out the local talent. Thumbsup

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 11-13-2013

(11-12-2013, 06:30 AM)Moogleslayer Wrote: I'm also relatively new to the server and very interested in what you have going here. My character isn't interested in making a name for herself, but I'm sure she'd love to watch the fights and maybe partake in a little bit of gambling. I'm gonna swing by Wednesday to check out the local talent. Thumbsup

Remember that the tournaments are on Saturdays and the training events are on Wednesdays now. It was being run just a touch too often before. <3

RE: The Grindstone - Oli! - 01-12-2014

Hi there! A few questions, if you will.

I have a character that may be interested in this, but she's not much of a prize fighter, and would probably be more interested in finding people to spar with and be trained by. ICly, she's not affiliated with a Free Company, but I have her sitting in one for the purpose of talking to some close friends. My questions are as follows.

1.) In terms of activity, is the FC chat a big deal, or do most people use the Linkshell for IC/OOC communication purposes?

2.) Even though you've clearly given your blessing when it comes to events outside of the weekly Grindstones, how often do other things seem to happen? Do people gather all the time, or is more of an occasional thing.

I think that's it for now. Thank you!

RE: The Grindstone - Asgarn - 01-12-2014

Hey, Oli.
Not being a part of the FC myself, I cannot speak for it's importance with chat. However, the Grindstone does have a linkshell with all regular members on it. I believe this is both IC and OOC as a channel and is used regularly for communication. The upside of it being a linkshell is that you can stay in your FC whilst "getting all the latest"! Feel free to contact an officer of Grindstone (which I think are listed here. If not, just say and I'll give you some useful names!) and express your interest, if you'd like to join the Linkshell.

As for events outside of the weekly Grindstones, I can happily say that there are many. Many of these are posted on these forums, but some are exclusive to chat on the Linkshell for some reason or another (ie. Not wanting to make a thread). There is also a lot of RP among members and non-members alike outside of formal events, in the form of casual roleplay (RP between events, not the casual type of RP .The type can vary greatly). With this, as you mentioned earlier that you'd rather find spars and tutelage outside of the main Grindstone event, this would be your best bet to find a roleplayer willing.

Hope I answered your questions to a satisfactory level! Smile Any further information needed? Just ask.

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 01-16-2014

(01-12-2014, 05:19 AM)Oli! Wrote: Hi there! A few questions, if you will.

I have a character that may be interested in this, but she's not much of a prize fighter, and would probably be more interested in finding people to spar with and be trained by. ICly, she's not affiliated with a Free Company, but I have her sitting in one for the purpose of talking to some close friends. My questions are as follows.

1.) In terms of activity, is the FC chat a big deal, or do most people use the Linkshell for IC/OOC communication purposes?

2.) Even though you've clearly given your blessing when it comes to events outside of the weekly Grindstones, how often do other things seem to happen? Do people gather all the time, or is more of an occasional thing.

I think that's it for now. Thank you!

!.) The FC chat is generally not a huge deal. It hasn't been, although perhaps it's grown a bit since. Usually the LS is used, as everyone in the FC is in the LS, but not everyone in the LS is in the FC.

2.) Members of the Grindstone are extremely pleasant and helpful. They're usually down for roleplaying outside of the tournament and many of them have very serious fighter characters. Feel free to ask any time but remember that there are different times where people might be preoccupied with other aspects of the game or other RP. (Outside rp happens a lot and I met almost all of my RP friends through the GS)

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 02-11-2014

UPDATE: 2/11
Much of the directory page, times, rules, and ranks have been edited and updated as well as the Overseer list. If you were a champion at some point in the past and I forgot to include your name in the list, please PM me and I'll add you.

RE: The Grindstone - LandStander - 02-11-2014

Remi was a champion before? Lmao. How in the Seven Hells did that happen?

You also spelled my name wrong. Its Dennthota "The Peoples Champion" Ahtahrmwyn

RE: The Grindstone - Whittledown - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 03:11 PM)LandStander Wrote: Remi was a champion before? Lmao. How in the Seven Hells did that happen?

You also spelled my name wrong. Its Dennthota "The Peoples Champion of Farts" Ahtahrmwyn

Fixed that for you >.>

RE: The Grindstone - LandStander - 02-11-2014

Damn you Hornet!

[Image: tumblr_msis41JHqu1shng6po1_400.gif]