Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Why FFXIV's rape themes fall monumentally flat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Lore Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Why FFXIV's rape themes fall monumentally flat (/showthread.php?tid=18640)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Why FFXIV's rape themes fall monumentally flat - Seriphyn - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 03:15 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 03:06 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: Right, so, pulled the videos since they're not worth the drama they unintentionally created. Nonetheless, feel free to PM me the AFI that governs those videos, because it's not at all uncommon to make videos as such, especially ones based around humour. But yeah, stolen valour armchair activists I suppose?

Honestly, honestly surprised how this went down, but my mistake.

Stolen valor?  What?

Serious question, what the hell have you been smoking?

Read the post by Uther.

(02-24-2017, 03:25 AM)Nako Vesh Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 03:06 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: ... especially ones based around humour. 

Alright, so you were trolling. Muh bad for giving the benefit of the doubt! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, talking about videos on social media by service members that are about military humour. Nothing to do with mine.

RE: Why FFXIV's rape themes fall monumentally flat - Uther - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 03:06 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: Right, so, pulled the videos since they're not worth the drama they unintentionally created. Nonetheless, feel free to PM me the AFI that governs those videos, because it's not at all uncommon to make videos as such, especially ones based around humour. But yeah, stolen valour armchair activists I suppose?

Honestly, honestly surprised how this went down, but my mistake.

As long as you took it down, I don't care what you call me. I'm not going to derail this entire conversation to tell you how the military works. Look up the AFI yourself. Idk why you're relying on a vaguely implied military-affiliated stranger from the internet to tell you what is and isn't in regs.

But back on topic:

So we've discovered through some weird means that this entire thread was an excuse to shower yourself in rep points and then, later, an admitted troll. I'm no mod, but I don't think rape is really a great hot-button issue to milk for rep points or humor, even in a fictional setting. Reading back through the posts, a few people seemed to have personal reactions to this. So maybe in the future, let's keep our forum posts free of that kind of "humor." 

Assuming you were joking in a weird way about the echo chamber or the "this is for humor" line, I'll leave the thread and let the conversation continue, but I think everyone's pretty tired of this.

RE: Why FFXIV's rape themes fall monumentally flat - Teadrinker - 02-24-2017

/modhat

This thread has run it's course.

/modhat