Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Race Demographic Poll - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Race Demographic Poll (/showthread.php?tid=12348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Seriphyn - 07-01-2015

Okay: Lament the lack of Roegadyn characters

Not Okay: Criticize the overabundance of Miqo'te and/or Aura

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - V'aleera - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 10:17 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: overabundance
What would constitute an appropriately abundant (neither too many nor too little) racial distribution (of any race)?

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Lilia Lia - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 09:35 PM)Misuzu Wrote: I bet our numbers would double if the boob slider actually did something. Pathetic, but true.

I'm still waiting for the April Fools joke where they "fix" the boob slider retroactively and a bunch of lalafells log in to realize that they've suddenly got huge racks.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Flickering Ember - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 04:41 PM)Caspar Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 04:07 PM)Lilia Lia Wrote: Results are surprising so far.

Lots of Au Ra, actually less than I was expecting really, but also less Miqo'te.  I imagine a lot of Miqo'te changed into Au Ra compared to the other races.

So few Lalafell.  I'm not sure what to make of this actually, since outside the RPC I think they were the third most popular race pre-Au Ra.  Maybe some Lalafell were sipping Fantasia too?  But that seems like more of a stretch and I can only think of one I know who did that and she's probably not in this thread.
It's cause we are in short supply. But more seriously, I figure many cant take us seriously because of our tiny size.

This, I feel, is an important topic and one I've mulled over making its own thread. I've always wanted to make it a point that Ember treats her lalafell friends just as seriously as her non-lalafell friends. (Besides! Lalafells are regarded as equals in lore anyway.) I believe strongly on taking them seriously on a meta level as well. Yet, when it comes to my own creations, I flounder.

I voted just for roegadyn, for now. There's no other race I feel I can RP as.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Lilia Lia - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 10:30 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: I voted just for roegadyn, for now. There's no other race I feel I can RP as.

Is it really pathetically shallow me that I kind of want to make a Hellsguard just so I can use the naming convention?

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - -no longer matters- - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 10:33 PM)Lilia Lia Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 10:30 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: I voted just for roegadyn, for now. There's no other race I feel I can RP as.

Is it really pathetically shallow me that I kind of want to make a Hellsguard just so I can use the naming convention?
It is really great! XD I went with my Highlander's last name as my full name, now that I'm one.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Flickering Ember - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 10:33 PM)Lilia Lia Wrote:

Roegadyn have the best naming conventions. :3 Sea Wolf and Hellsguard both! I love the roegadyn dictionary! Ember and all the NPCs in her backstory have a translated version and roegadyn language version of their names. I have a lot of fun with them.

I know a character who is a miqo'te raised on the roegadyn language and renames everyone roegadyn names. It's always a lot of fun to see what she comes up with!

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Tiergan - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 09:17 PM)War Siren Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 04:51 PM)Tiergan Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 04:46 PM)Keraya War Wrote: Hmmm this makes me consider making Keraya into a Roe, before I start RPing now. (I haven't started on Keraya yet because I want a certain class unlocked before I do. I used to RP on my Lalafel Nico Pahrafel last time I played though). I think Hellsguard can still easily fit into my wandering Mercenary story I'm working on.

Yessss, more roeees.
Okay I did! Strike off one Hyur, add one Roe!
[Image: War-Siren-ff14_zps9yrlpot0.jpg]

[Image: heavybreathingTier.png]

I-I think you've made a wise choice. Yes good. Also, really awesome job matching the hair to that armor, she looks amazing.

rooooessss

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - -no longer matters- - 07-01-2015

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with her,  can't wait to get DrK unlocked so I can have all my cards in place to start RPing her! ... only like 68 story quests left O_O;

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Roda - 07-01-2015

Hooray for more fem roes!

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Cailean Lockwood - 07-01-2015

Needs more gay male promiscuous Roes. <3

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Amielle - 07-02-2015

(07-01-2015, 09:44 PM)Chill Man Wrote: Duskwight pride server-wide.

Definitely! I just wish that other characters would occasionally be negative towards Amielle because of her heritage.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Lekka Meyren - 07-02-2015

My FC has a lot of Roe, so it certainly feels like more than 7%, but I suppose as censuses have shown too, there are not that many of us.
Have never had an all Roe Duty finder party.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Cailean Lockwood - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 05:45 AM)Amielle Wrote:

Definitely! I just wish that other characters would occasionally be negative towards Amielle because of her heritage.

But Vachir doesn't know her heritage, he just knows Ami is nice. D:

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Amielle - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 05:54 AM)Vachir Toshin Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 05:45 AM)Amielle Wrote:

But Vachir doesn't know her heritage, he just knows Ami is nice. D:

I know! And she thinks he is nice too! We started to get into it when talking outside of the Quicksand about Gridania, but we were interrupted once more D: