Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! (/showthread.php?tid=10058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Gegenji - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:05 PM)Melkire Wrote: On-topic, I'm still waiting for the day when someone gives someone else the chair. I've seen bottles, glasses, fists... no chairs.

Once we form the Bar Brawl Federation (BBF), we'll have folks all across Eorzea clamoring for our pugilists to use the chair!

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Chris Ganale - 02-11-2015

I wonder if my bounty hunter would get an assistance fee for helping break up a fight and drag the offending parties to the goals.

...Who am I kidding, his armor makes him look Garlean so if the law showed up they'd probably all try to take him out.

(02-11-2015, 03:08 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I wonder if my bounty hunter would get an assistance fee for helping break up a fight and drag the offending parties to the goals.

[Image: 1406_IT_Skills_GOOOOOAL_wallpaper_1920x1200.jpg]

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Warren Castille - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:06 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 03:05 PM)Melkire Wrote: On-topic, I'm still waiting for the day when someone gives someone else the chair. I've seen bottles, glasses, fists... no chairs.

Once we form the Bar Brawl Federation (BBF), we'll have folks all across Eorzea clamoring for our pugilists to use the chair!

During The Break-Up a year ago or so, Warren was having the worst week of his life and some mages started a dick waving contest in the Quicksand. I'm proud that Warren picked up a chair and threatened them with it to knock that shit off and go elsewhere, and they did. He wasn't even in armor, just had enough of the world to want to swing foreign objects.

I'm all for a wrestling fed. I've even got an alt who'd be in for it.

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Chris Ganale - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:10 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 03:08 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I wonder if my bounty hunter would get an assistance fee for helping break up a fight and drag the offending parties to the goals.

Yeah, this is why I usually use the normal word because I can't bring myself to even consciously misspell such a common word.

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Erik Mynhier - 02-11-2015

I wish we could call it the: Barfighter Enthusiast of Eorzeaa Federation. Just so the tag could be B.E.E.F. I'm really tired right now but needed to share that. Every time a new match is planned people would ask, "Where's the B.E.E.F.?"

(02-11-2015, 03:13 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

I wish we could call it the: Barfighter Enthusiast of Eorzeaa Federation. Just so the tag could be B.E.E.F. I'm really tired right now but needed to share that. Every time a new match is planned people would ask, "Where's the B.E.E.F.?"

... The motion to rename the organization has been approved.

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Aya - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:10 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: During The Break-Up a year ago or so, Warren was having the worst week of his life and some mages started a dick waving contest in the Quicksand. I'm proud that Warren picked up a chair and threatened them with it to knock that shit off and go elsewhere, and they did. He wasn't even in armor, just had enough of the world to want to swing foreign objects.

I'm all for a wrestling fed. I've even got an alt who'd be in for it.
A tip of my hat to whoever was playing the mage not just pretending to be immune to chair-bashing ^_^

That's the sort of interaction that really is fun and amusing OOCly, and I wish that's how conflict worked out more often.

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - SicketySix - 02-11-2015

B.E.E.F

This topic has turned into pure gold!

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Warren Castille - 02-11-2015

In my head, it trickles in slowly. Each member would hang out elsewhere, you know? Don't want to give it away. A lonesome roe drinks at Buscarron's. A pair of miqo'te hang out in dark doorways near the Missing Member. A solitary hume chats up a lady lying about being single at an event.

But then a second BEEF shows up. Then a third. A fourth. Everyone's on edge, watching these people eye one another, but it's all smiles and pleasing gestures. "Have a drink," says the host. "You look tired, take a seat over here."

But it's too late. Eye contact has been made. A solitary nod begins the skirmish, and everyone takes cover, unless they're jumping in themselves.

A secret brotherhood of ETERNALLY FIGHTING ANGER MEN.

__
Disclaimer: Don't actually rough up the HoD without permission.

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Melkire - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:13 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 03:10 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

Yeah, this is why I usually use the normal word because I can't bring myself to even consciously misspell such a common word.

Interesting factoid: 'gaol' is a real word. It's archaic which is why you don't see it often in modern usage. It's not even pronounced with the English hard "G" sound. It's pronounced exactly like the modern word it evolved into, "jail." That's why jail has that "O that sounds like E" sound in it: jay-ol / jay-el.

"Gaol" is Middle English btw, and originated from the French "gaole", which WAS pronounced with the hard "G" sound. Gah-ol.

(02-11-2015, 03:24 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: In my head, it trickles in slowly. Each member would hang out elsewhere, you know? Don't want to give it away. A lonesome roe drinks at Buscarron's. A pair of miqo'te hang out in dark doorways near the Missing Member. A solitary hume chats up a lady lying about being single at an event.

But then a second BEEF shows up. Then a third. A fourth. Everyone's on edge, watching these people eye one another, but it's all smiles and pleasing gestures. "Have a drink," says the host. "You look tired, take a seat over here."

But it's too late. Eye contact has been made. A solitary nod begins the skirmish, and everyone takes cover, unless they're jumping in themselves.

__

If this isn't a linkshell by the end of the day, I will be sorely disappointed.

Heck, I'd love to see it become a full-fledged IC FC for fistfighters, but that's asking a bit much. Still, if that becomes a reality... then you can just imagine the regulars at any bar or tavern might get a bit edgy when a man from <BEEF> walks in. And certainly once a second or third shows up after them.

It's like flash mobs, except with punching.

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Erik Mynhier - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:24 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: In my head, it trickles in slowly. Each member would hang out elsewhere, you know? Don't want to give it away. A lonesome roe drinks at Buscarron's. A pair of miqo'te hang out in dark doorways near the Missing Member. A solitary hume chats up a lady lying about being single at an event.

__

That one little word Warren, that one word in bold took me to the logical place in my head we all have thought here. This thing, this BEEF needs to happen, needs a Pearl to keep us all in contact, and in sort needs to be a secret. For those of us who are professionals, unable to quince the thirst for some manliness. In short gentlemen, I propose our OP author organizes.....

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-11-2015

__

[Image: 3dpveAr.jpg]
EDIT: gdi erik, you beat me to posting it! D<

RE: Looking to brawl in The Quicksand! - TheLastCandle - 02-11-2015

As a side note, I'm seeing a lot of people coming to the Carline Canopy for some light tavern RP, and that's wonderful to see! It's rather cozy. Please don't start any brawls in there. The stained glass windows would be so expensive to repair/replace.

*tongue firmly planted in cheek* Tongue