Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kage - 06-27-2014

For me, I'd say it's a testament to my ego.

Did my character make that much of an impact?

Did they enjoy RPing with me?

What does their character think of my character?

- Of course it sucks when I'm also really bad about updating that stuff.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Maril - 06-27-2014

Mine could use some updating. I should also make some for my alts. I should also learn how to make it pretty. I should also update the pictures on it. And probably read some more of the others. 
But then there's the issue of time. 

I need a secretary. 

._.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Warren Castille - 06-27-2014

Perhaps not ego, but definitely self-esteem. Fine line between those, I've found.

That's sort of the catch of roleplaying in general. It's a desire to be welcomed and liked by other people by being an appealing person. It's human to want to be accepted, and RPing boils down to wanting to meet new people. It's healthy to want to make people happy! I just know that I feel validated when someone "gets" me and has things to say about it.

Alright, amateur psych hour is over.

I need to spiff up my page. Too lazy. Someone else do it.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Elyscia - 06-27-2014

(06-27-2014, 09:02 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I need to spiff up my page. Too lazy. Someone else do it.

I'll do it.

I hope you don't mind if I put up a drawing of Warren wearing a maid outfit.

(06-27-2014, 09:55 AM)Elyscia Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 09:02 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I need to spiff up my page. Too lazy. Someone else do it.

I'll do it.

...that better be code for some sort of giant transforming mecha.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Oscare - 06-27-2014

(06-27-2014, 09:55 AM)Elyscia Wrote:

I'll do it.

I will pay you good money to see that.

Show Content

One thing I like about Wikis is that I enjoy reading what other characters and their players perceive about events. How did they perceive such and such actions. Is it even close to being true?

I also laugh when some of them are just so wrong I can't stop.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Zhavi - 06-27-2014

Well, I think they're useful, especially for me (I feel bad for not having any up for Zhi, but laziness). Zhi is the type who goes around looking for rumors, and pays for information that's not necessarily easy to get hold of. So those rumors when applicable (obviously if they're being spoken in Ul'dah it would take quite a bit of digging and speaking to the right people for her to get hold of them) I have used them as part of her knowledge base.

So it's more than just ego, it's good for rp!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Roen - 06-27-2014

I agree! Rumors are great for RP! The ones I craft for my characters are for exactly that. RP hooks that can be used! Actually I think wiki a a whole is a huge RP hook for others to draw upon.

I too also love putting rumors on other people's wiki's and love reading them on mine as well. Because it does show that different perspective from another character's POV of how they perceive interactions and characters. And if they are a bag if mixed rumors, positive and negative, all the better! 

I also like to update rumors depending on things that have happened recently.

And yes, I have read rumors and said... "GAH I need to play with them more." 

... [sub]Then struggle to come up with an equally cool rumor that I haven't yet, I think you know who you are.[/sub]

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Verad - 06-27-2014

I mostly just need to keep up with whatever random junk Verad is selling at the moment. Keeping the wiki updated in that regard gives me an incentive to keep making new things to sell.

I should probably add more Relationships as well, and dumber rumors. Or other people can do that! I am quite lazy in that regard.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Oscare - 06-27-2014

(06-27-2014, 11:23 AM)Roen Wrote: And yes, I have read rumors and said... "GAH I need to play with them more." 
... [sub]Then struggle to come up with an equally cool rumor that I haven't yet, I think you know who you are.[/sub]
This.

(06-27-2014, 11:32 AM)Oscare Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 11:23 AM)Roen Wrote: And yes, I have read rumors and said... "GAH I need to play with them more." 
This.
Thirded.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Whittledown - 06-27-2014

(06-27-2014, 11:35 AM)ExKage Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 11:32 AM)Oscare Wrote:
This.
Thirded.
Fourthed. Also I really need to update my relationships section. Maybe over my lunch break.

More disclosure: I intentionally left out a relationship section specifically to avoid forgetting to update it or neglecting people.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 06-27-2014

(06-27-2014, 11:51 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: More disclosure: I intentionally left out a relationship section specifically to avoid forgetting to update it or neglecting people.
Hah! I'm actually staring at mine now, deciding who I'm going to add this time around. I usually add four or five people every update.