Hydaelyn Role-Players
Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Back to Gridania (Open RP) (/showthread.php?tid=4888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Lorielle Sylwood - 10-09-2013

Lorielle's eyes widened slightly, her thin brown brows rising on her forehead.  She smiled wider, one side pulling up higher in a sort of slim grin.

"A journal?" She said, sounding impressed.  "That sounds like a fun, relaxing thing to keep.  I might have to start my own when I get back home."  She recalled trying to keep a journal when she was younger.  She never got very far with it.  Nothing of note ever really happened that didn't occur every day for her.  Now, living on her own and travelling as often as she did, a personal journal would be just the way to keep track of her progress.

She paused from their current conversation as she heard the driver raise his voice.  She turned her head slightly, seeing the exchange between the two male Hyur.  Apparently someone's lunch was smuggled.  She was surprised the driver took it as well as he did, and turned her head back to Kieaira as the man seated himself in the caravan.

Her head perked for a moment, a smile grazing her face as she turned and began digging into a small satchel attached to her leather belt.  She pulled out a small leather book, small enough to be held open comfortably in one hand.  She handed it to Kieaira, a bit surprised with herself.  She was being much more open than she thought she could be, and was delighted to be so outgoing.

"I don't keep anything as intricate as a journal," she said in a complimenting tone, "But I love to draw some of the things I see in my travels."  Inside the small book were various ink drawings of flowers, small animals like ground squirrels, and even sketches of people.  Some of them were painted in light layers of water color, but most were only provided the yellow color of the aged pages.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - KieairaKitty - 10-09-2013

Kieaira's ears twitched and she turned her head towards the conversation between the attractive driver and the raven-haired male, she leaned back a bit to peek between the boards of the cart, her gaze landed on the traveler, his cheeks puffed out and a few crumbs spraying from his lips as he spoke. A smile crept its' way onto her face and she couldn't help but let forth a soft chuckle.

As the male hopped back onto the back of the cart, a flush touched her cheeks and she quickly turned to look at Lorielle, well at what she was handing over. A small notebook of drawings. Slowly she flipped through the book, taking time to look at each one. "Wow..." she said softly. "These are -really- good." She paused on a picture of a small furry creature, and a thought of Kyubey, the little carbuncle came to her. She made a mental note to start a letter to Aartur soon, and closed the notebook, handing it back to Lorielle. "Thank you for sharing these with me, they are beautiful."

The grumblings of the driver brought her attention forward, and she reached down into her satchel, pulling forth the other half of her sandwich. "Here." She said softly, holding it up towards the driver, who looked over his shoulder and laughed, flashing her a smile. "Oh that's just fine, we'll be stopping in a bit, I'll survive 'till then." He winked at her, before shooting a glare in Tobias' direction.

Kieaira blushed and lowered her hand, looking down at the sandwich. "Hrm..." She mumbled, and then looked towards the raven-haired man. "Still hungry?" She squeaked, her voice cracking, making her cheeks turn a deeper red as she held the other half of the sandwich out towards him, but trying to avoid any sort of eye contact.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Nirri - 10-09-2013

His fingertips scooped some sand up as he stood up from the shade - softly humming a gridanian song to himself as he made his way back to the cart. Shortly letting his gaze linger on each occupant before taking a seat at his former spot just at the small steps of the cart.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Tobias Nightbringer - 10-09-2013

Fortunately for Kieaira, the crumb-flecked Hyur was too absorbed in his latest 'escapade' to have noticed her quickly looking elsewhere when he pulls himself back up onto the caravan, were it even possible or not in the first place.

Tobias finishes up the last bit of his meal with a sigh of satisfaction. He reaches hands outside of the caravan and briskly dusts them off before he rummages through his largest bag. Soon he produces a leather waterskin and replaces it back into his bag after he takes a quick draught. 

As he checks himself over to make sure nothing had spilled onto him while he was eating, his attention is taken away from himself as he observes the exchange between the shy Miqo'te and his attractive employer. Tobias' lips curl upwards into a cheeky grin in response to the driver's glare, but his demeanor shifts from mischief to surprise as he first hears Kieaira's squeaked question before looking over at the offered sandwich.

The handsome, angular visage of the Midlander leans towards the shy girl across from him, more so keeping his focus on her than the sandwich with a gentle expression playing about his features. If he could catch her evasive glance, to view back into the darkened eyes of the Hyur, she would be greeted with a gracious smile and a kind of radiance in his gaze that might otherwise seem contradictory due to the near black irises.

Either way if she did or not, a hand goes over the presented sandwich as the other delicately cups over the slender, feminine hand that presents the offered item to him. His own long, elegant digits overlap the top of her hand, but makes quite certain not to curl his fingers around her hand so as to not startle her as much as he probably was going to be. Still, Tobias let his hand lay gingerly over hers, still hoping to catch Kiearia's averting eyes.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Daca'li Molkoh - 10-09-2013

Before the cart took off, he slid back into the back and sat himself by the front, resuming his last position with his legs dangling out the edge. "I live there," Daca'li said with a nod, "The Black Shroud, I mean. I'm a nomad of sorts." He lightly shrugs before adjusting the spear along side his lap, keeping the pole pressed to his chest. "I'm here for pay and transportation, nothing more or less." 

Next, he shifted his gaze to the Seeker, X'ache, brows knitting forward at the response. "Ah, I see. And I assume you're on your way to Gridania for...business? If I may ask." Daca'li watched at the next proceedings, eyeing the exchange of the sandwich with a stoic gaze. His ears twitched before he rolled his neck, heaving a heavy sigh before shifting his gaze to the Elezen woman.

As if he were determined to make these shy women...not-so shy...he shifted his eyes back to the Elezen woman, "you're an artist?" He inclines his head to the book, he handed to Kieaira, "I don't often mingle with your kind, but I have heard murmurs of Elezen ingenuity and talent." He shifts his gaze back out as they continue down the road, as if he were thinking on anything else he could speak to these people about. He simply huffed. He wouldn't be the starter of every conversation, and reserved to wait until his questions were already addressed. 

(Sorry I took so long. x_x I had something come up.)

Kieaira's eyes widen with a panic look, though it would go unnoticed for the most part as she quickly lowered her head, her ivory bangs falling over her eyes, shielding them from view, though her hair would provide no cover for the redness of her cheeks.

"H-Here!" She squeaked shoving the sandwich into Tobias' hands and pulling her own back into her body, quickly folding them together tightly in her lap, her knuckles turning white and she realized she had been holding her breath. Slowly, so as to not draw attention, she let the air leave her lungs, and took in a fresh breath.

The cart rocked slightly as it rolled over the rocky road, leaving Black Brush Station behind and heading towards Camp Drybone, the sun slowly climbing higher into the sky, causing the air around them to heat up, and Kieaira was starting to feel it. Small beads of sweat had begun to form on her forehead, to the point where she was forced to unclasp her hands and reach for her bag that rest upon the floor of the cart. She dared not look at anyone as she reached down and pulled forth a small square piece of cloth which she used to dab at her forehead.

I wish I were home. She found herself longing for the cool shade of the large trees of the Black Shroud, and more so than that, the comfort of her tiny home, where she lived alone, away from prying eyes, and questions. Sure it's a lonely life ... but clearly I am not good with this social interaction stuff... Should I blame my parents for raising me to be like this? A soft sigh was the only sound that escaped her lips as they continued to ride along the path. Don't be silly, Kieaira. It's not their fault... Why can''t you just be like the other girls? This thought caused her to raise her head and peer over at Lorielle once more, a small smile crossing her lips. She's shy too... I guess I'm not completely alone...

Softly she cleared her throat. "I ... err ... I don't recall your name." Her question was directed towards the dark haired male, but she dare not look at him, his actions confused her, and his silence only made her worry more ... if that was even possible.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - A'sih - 10-09-2013

X'ahce twitched his right eyebrow at the sounds of the Hyur and the driver's bantar over the food. He peered over to the commotion and smirked at the puffy cheeks and the crumbs that were gathering on his features. He shook his head and sliced at the wood some more, the block of wood now looking more like a cylinder of some sorts and slim at that. He kept to himself for some time before the Keeper spoke to him once more. He'd raise his gaze to the male, "You can say that. I won't be staying too terribly long in Gridania, that I can assure you. Merely to meet a few of the people that live there and ask a few questions before meandering my way in whatever direction they point me in. I'm merely looking for someone." He'd eye the wood and cut at some of the fine corners so that the cylinder was as smooth as he could help it.

He nodded his head with a certain degree of approval before sheathing the arrow shaft into his quivver and sheathing the dagger in it's hold along his right leg. His eyes meeting the drawings of the Elezen woman. An eyebrow perked for a moment as he analyzed what he was seeing, as it was upside down for him, before nodding his head, "I like the drawings, very neatly detailed I might add."

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Daca'li Molkoh - 10-09-2013

Daca'li rose his brows at the mention of looking for someone. He breathed a quiet sigh before leaning back on his hands, "I see," Daca'li said in a quiet tone, "I wish you luck on your endeavours then, Seeker." He tipped his head in X'ache's direction before looking back out to the road, steadying himself every so often as the caravan proceeded on. He dipped his nose down, eyes narrowing some as he thought on his own search, quietly mulling over his own thoughts.

Kieaira's ears perked up as the Seeker spoke of 'searching for someone'. She swallowed audibly but didn't look his way. She wanted to ask him who ... but surely if it was she, he would have said something when she so-willingly gave her name earlier. Or would he? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. To the others, all they would see is Kieaira frowning as she smacked herself lightly in the forehead with a tiny fist, she halted as she felt eyes on her, but she dared not look up to meet anyone's gaze.

Slowly she drew in a deep breath. Calm down. You are seriously too jumpy... I swear once I get to Gridania, I am hiring a body guard ... or a combat teacher ... or something! She opened her eyes and lifted her head, letting it rest against the back of the cart, rolling it slowly to look over at the dark haired Hyur once more, waiting for his response to her earlier question.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Lorielle Sylwood - 10-09-2013

Lorielle's already red cheeks took on a deeper crimson flush at Kieaira's compliment.  "Th-thank you," she said in a small chuckle, setting her small book back into her lap.  She noticed two of the Miqo'te men seemed a bit interested as well.  She held it in her hand, looking at it hesitantly, before extending her arm out for either of the two men to grab it, if they wanted a better look.

"Most Elezen seem more inclined in musical arts," she said to the male Miqo'te closer to the front of the cart.  She chose to ignore the bit of concern that arose in her when he mentioned he did not often mingle with her kind.  She was certain he had his own reasons, and would not care to talk about it.  "You seem quite artistic as well," she commented, studying his painted face before taking a short glance up into his eyes.

She then turned her gaze to the other Miqo'te seated across from them.  Her face flushed again, deeper than before, as if it fed off of the remains of her last show of modesty.  "Th-thank you so much," she said, her words coming out with a light chuckle.

She noticed, to her side, that Kieaira was offering around the remains of the meal she had been nibbling on when she boarded the caravan.  She smiled, not so much at her, but at the atmosphere of everyone opening up to one another.  Her smile fell slightly as she watched the exchange between Kieaira and the raven haired man.  If it made her uncomfortable by the intimacy of it, then she knew her shy Miqo'te friend was screaming internally.

She suddenly pushed the sandwich into his hand, falling back into her seat and curling inward.  Lorielle tried not to laugh, biting her lip to keep her mouth closed.  She looked up at the man with the ink features, the look on his face giving the impression that he was trying to make her squirm.  She brought her hand towards her face, rubbing across her mouth to stifle her growing smile.  She felt guilty for finding it so humorous.  If that had happened to her, she probably would have reacted the same.

She lowered her hand, unable to fully wipe away the small smile she wore.  She wished she was friendly enough with the Miqo'te to pat her on the shoulder and reassure her that she was safe and that she should not be so afraid.  But, attempting to be that outgoing would diminish the little bit of trust the girl had in her.

She was surprised that Kieaira went out of her way to ask the man his name.  She smirked, her eyes taking on the quality of a cat's.  There was a sort of pride that came from seeing another shy person coming out of their shell.  Lorielle was intrigued, and sat back to listen and possibly break in if things became awkward for the Miqo'te.  She had become a bit of a wing-man for her, she liked to believe.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Tobias Nightbringer - 10-10-2013

The Midlander with raven-hair stays leaned in after the bashful Miqo'te shoves the sandwich into his possession. He was not surprised by her actions, as to why exactly he kept his touch upon her hand whimsical at best; pointedly to himself than to anyone else, he makes sure to not squeeze or grasp her hand in any way shape or form so when she pulls away, there would be no resistance or restraint in her hasty retreat.

Like Lorielle, the other shy companion on this journey, Tobias refrains from laughing at the current affairs. Instead, a sympathetic smile pulls at the corner of slightly parted lips. Eyebrows push together almost as if feeling a wisp of embarrassment himself. Even if that were the case, he would hide it as his head dips down, loose, disheveled bangs sweep flirtatiously over his forehead. The softest exertion of air passes past his lips the moment a nearly inaudible 'Heh' slips. His gaze sets upon the wooden boards under their feet, but also realizes he leans in a bit further than he planned to when he first moves closer--or at least meant to.

Then, just as he lifts his head back up from hearing her question, but just before he began to lean back into his original position, her gaze would finally drop onto him after rolling her view in a round-about leisure. Tobias was actually caught slightly off-guard by Kieaira actually asking him a question directly. However, just as quickly was he surprised to hear her talk to him, he was quick to recover.

"Tobias." the tone and inflection a stark contrast to how he spoke to his employer. Though it was only a single word spoken for now, his name, it was heard with a velvety coo rolling over his tongue. As the last syllable was pronounced, the left corner of his lips eases into an invitingly serene smile.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - KieairaKitty - 10-10-2013

Kieaira felt somewhat better now that the stranger had a name, but his attitude and the way he presented himself, made her fidgit in her seat, and ultimately his response was met with a small nod as she looked away once more. She shifted in her seat, pressing her back against the wall as she pulled her feet up onto the bench, facing Lorielle, as she wrapped her arms around her knees.

Are we there yet? She contemplated saying aloud, but not wanting to bother the blonde-haired, blue-eyed driver, she merely thought it to herself and let out a soft sigh. Her vision shifted to the scenery as they made their way down into The Clutch.

A suddenly loud "KWEH!" from the chocobos, and the sudden stopping of the cart, jostled Kieaira from her seat and she quickly found herself landing hard onto the floor of the cart with a 'Thud'. "W-what happened?" She looked around inquisitively, an expression of worry crossing her features.

In front of the cart, a large toxic toad had suddenly jumped in front of the caravan spooking the chocobos, which the driver was trying to calm down, while keeping an eye on the toad in case it decided to attack. It was big enough it could easily hop on top of the cart and crush it, or wrap it's long tongue around one of the chocobos paralyzing and eating it.

"Boy! Get yer arse out here and help me calm these birds down!" The driver shouted, presumably towards Tobias. He had gotten control of one of the birds, but the other one was still pulling against its' harness.

[Image: toad_zps68d11e1f.png]

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Nirri - 10-10-2013

As the cart shook for that short moment as both Chocobo's reacted to the large toad's arrival, Clavier rapidly picked up the bow from beside him on the bench. Taking slow steps down from the cart and onto the hard ground. His hand clenching along the frame of the bow as his gaze shifts up to the sky.

"All I wanted was to head home after this annoying errand for one of the Seventh Dawn Scions."

His fingertips sliding along the feathers at the end of two arrows before retracting them out of the quiver, resting them at the middle section of his bow without further pulling back the string of the bow. Clearly having no intrest in actually confronting the beast.

"Lets hope it moves away.."

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Tobias Nightbringer - 10-10-2013

Tobias visibly made no reaction at first to the light-haired Miqo'te's withdraw. The Hyur peers at the woman that brings her feet up onto the bench and knees brought to her chest. She was shy, that was obvious to him. However, something felt different this time around. At least to him, though perhaps he was over thinking.

Whatever the case was, he averts his gaze from not just her, but everyone else as he leans back into silent introspection. Only his left brow twitches down into the beginning of a frown, but they quickly relax, only to twitch and relax again a few more times. 

Tobias presses his lips together after a time of silent reflection. His view slowly moves back up to look at her with lips still pressed against one another. Just for a moment he hesitates in his actions, but pulls his lips slightly apart from one another as an inaudible steady inhale was taken. The contemplative man in white with blackened hair makes the effort this time to reach out to Kiearia.

His head snaps towards the front from the sudden shriek of a "KWEH" that sprung forth. Then Kiearia's hard landing draws Tobias' attention just as immediately to her fallen form and quickly lifts from his seat to assist her. However, as soon as his hand begins to stretch out to help her, the image of her pulling away from him flashes vividly in his thoughts. His hand stops as slender fingers curl away from her but eyes reflecting the need to do differently.

"Boy! Get yer arse out here and help me calm these birds down!" the driver shouted, indeed towards Tobias.    

"Conjurer, make sure she is unharmed." Tobias suddenly delegates to Lorielle the Elezen, shifting eyes to the woman momentarily. She may have never said it herself, but he was at least keen enough to take note of her staff in her possession at some point in time during the trip. His tone was pressed with an urgency, but in no way demanding or authoritative. With one last glimpse of the fallen Miqo'te, the hired help makes a brisk exit from the side of the caravan to help his employer.

RE: Back to Gridania (Open RP) - Lorielle Sylwood - 10-10-2013

Lorielle released a small, short sound in surprise to the sudden jolt of the caravan.  She grabbed hold of the back of her seat, leaning her weight on one steady foot as her balance was thrown.  She was fortunate for her fast reflexes, but saw that Kieaira was not quite so lucky.  She quickly dropped onto the wooden boards on her knees, with absolutely no hesitation, throwing caution and personal space to the wind as she scooped the Miqo'te up from the floor.

Just as she did so, picking the girl up gently but firmly by her under arms, the ink haired Hyur - now known to her as Tobias - told her to take care to Kieaira as he jumped out of the caravan.  She did not argue that she already knew what to do, nor did she say anything at all.  She turned her head up to look at him, her turquoise eyes burning with purpose, as she nodded silently.

She sat the Miqo'te up in a sitting position.  "Kieaira," she started, wanting to sound more friendly as to make up for the fact that she had touched her and then moved her around, "Are you alright?"  She remembered her landing very hard on her arm, either hurting her elbow or shoulder more than anything else.  She popped her head up for a moment, trying to see what was happening, or better hear what was happening, before quickly dropping and turning her head back down to her fallen companion.

Her bright eyes now shifted about quickly in cat-like reflex.  The irises appeared wider and more intense, as if her senses were heightened by the appearance of potential danger.  She thought for a moment, how everyone leapt from the caravan, ready for battle, like it was their calling.  This was her's, tending to the others that needed help.  This was apparent in the way her eyes swept over Kieaira, looking for any visible sign of harm.  She would occasionally look up and meet the Miqo'te's eyes, holding her gaze to keep her from feeling as though she were being inspected like an insect beneath her, but being looked after by a friend.