Hydaelyn Role-Players
Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome (/showthread.php?tid=4704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - Fen - 09-26-2013

Aartur gave a nervous chuckle, "Er... yes, those odd... people who talk to inanimate things..." he said, glancing to the carbuncle on his shoulders, "And... um... you would be surprised, sir... how much you can learn from books... if... if you read the right ones..." He glanced to Kie, "I... um... pardon the forwardness... but I'm rather impressed..." The Miqo'te gave a timid smile, an Yayaan, sitting in the seat in front of the lad, gave a short nod of agreement.

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - KieairaKitty - 09-26-2013

Impressed? Why would he be impressed? What did I do? Is he following me? ... Calm down Kieaira, you're mind is running away with wild theories again. Now stop it. Smile and say thank you.

Kieaira gives a very small smile towards Aartur and nods her head as she says "Thank you." Though her voice was barely above a whisper, and her cheeks flushed a rosey pink once more.

She places her hands back in her lap and looks towards Baer once more. "I think I have the shut-in thing down already..." She swallowed hard, she didn't really like to talk about herself, but she wanted to make friends, and so she forced herself to continue. "That's why I'm here... trying ... not ... to be ... that ... anymore." She furrowed her brow. Are you even making sense any more? This is why you just shouldn't say anything at all.

This girl doesn't like me... What did I do? Did I do something? I must have... It's probably because I keep bumping into things... I need to be friendly... Aartur tilted his head, "You... um... You, too? I only go to public places because my sister will drag me to them otherwise..." No, that didn't look friendly, now you look like a creepy hermit... Maybe Yayaan will save me?

The Lalafell was pretending to not notice Aartur's predicament, minding his tea. Sadistic little bugger.

Kieaira raised her brow, giving Aartur a look that said What are you crazy or something? She looked back down at the table once again, trying to figure out a way to respond that wouldn't sound like an insult, or make her look silly herself.

"Where's your sister now?" She finally said, in that soft tone that made it hard for others to hear over the hustle and bustle of the tavern... not her usual place for conversation, but she had heard it was a good place to make connections.

Kieairas eyes darted around the Inn, surveying those that passed by and sat and talked at other tables, none of them paying any attention to the small group of adventurers that had gathered around her.

Aartur's ears flattened as his suspicions were confirmed. Yup. I'm an idiot. His face grew red as he, too, looked around the room, avoiding eye contact with anyone, "I'm... um... I'm not certain, actually... She wanders... I think, so... um... yeah..." Hoping for a tangent off of the current topic, he looked to the others present, "Do... you all have family, too?" he mumbled, immediately frowning to himself afterwards. Of course they have family, you idiot. Did they just appear from thin air?

Kieaira looks down at her hands in her lap, ears wilting once more as she hoped someone else would butt in and answer the question the other Keeper had asked. She reached up with one hand to scratch behind her ear, and let out a very soft sigh.

Family... Her nose wrinkles at her thoughts. I am starting to think this male was sent her on some mission to force me into returning home... She let out another soft sigh, hoping it would go unheard over the louder sounds of the tavern. Shows up out of nowhere, gets my nerves all out of whack, preventing me from acting normal ... and then asks such frustrating questions... I don't belong here. Maybe the others will get to talking and I can silently slip out unnoticed.

Slowly she lifted her head to see what the others were doing, hoping the Miqo'te male would be distracted as well.

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - ryanxwonbin - 09-27-2013

OOC: Sorry, but I think I'll gracefully bow out of this RP. Classes and work doesn't allow me to post as much as you guys and reading through 10 posts when I come home is too much. >.>

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - IncubusManatee - 09-27-2013

OOC: That's kinda my fault. Sorry about that. :S Didin't try and flood the RP like I did. Since I searched back a bit and...yeah.

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - elisan - 09-27-2013

(Aww, its ok! Thats the nice thing about forum posting -you can come and go as you need to!)

Elisan had been watching the interactions quietly for some time, caught between fascination and amusement. When there was a pause, she finally chimed in. "Seeking knowledge is always good - to become something more than you are is the best anyone can strive for. I'm here to learn as well" She nodded her pale head toward the male miqo'te, "Thaumaturgy". An faint wave of one slender hand as the other lifted a bit of the cheese from a plate, "I am also known to wander to different places doing a bit of ..." A pause as the witch thought of the best way to put it. "Fortune telling, I suppose".

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - Fen - 09-27-2013

Thank Menphina, a subject change. Aartur let out a sigh of relief, nodding to the woman, "Ah... Arcanist... though that was probably obvious... because of Kyubey... So I read a lot... and think... and... do math..." he rambled. Now I sound boring... "I... um... I also sew..." Much better.

Yayaan, finally speaking up, looked to the pale woman, "How long have you been involved in Thaumaturgy? Do you earn your income with it?"

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - KieairaKitty - 09-28-2013

Kieaira was glad that the conversation had shifted to someone else, and she was free to bask in her own silence, watching as the Elezen and Miqo'te chattered on about different kinds of magic, which got her mind thinking about her own abilities ... a welcome change from worrying about some made up plot about being followed.

Her eyes drifted to the small carbuncle with curiosity, she had seen them from afar, following their Masters around and doing their bidding, but never one up close. "It must take a fair bit of training to be able to summon one..." She said aloud without realizing it.

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - Fen - 09-28-2013

Magic. Finally something I'm good at. Aartur nodded to the woman, "It takes a lot of study... And even then, it takes some time to get used to having that extension of yourself running around..." he stated, notably less timid than with prior topics. The carbuncle tilted its head at Kie from atop Aartur's shoulders.

Looking to the Elezen, he inquired, based on Yayaan's question, "Er... Yes, it must take some time to learn enough thaumaturgy to read fortunes... Or is that independent of your studies...?"

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - IncubusManatee - 09-28-2013

Baer just sat quietly eating at this point. Slowly munching on his food, much unlike how his ravenous self was earlier. Listening to the conversations ups and downs. How Kie literally spoke her mind earlier about the Carbuncle that Aartur had. The mention of Eli's 'Fortune Telling' profession while travelling. Overall he was just a receptacle for information as he sat there. Taking it all in in turn. Breathing in and out slowly as he continued to feast-until there was nothing left. Bringing his attention onto his drink which was little than half fun-downing it quickly before setting it back down on the table.

Nothing seemed to come out of the Red-haired man. Maybe he didin't have much to say about magic? Maybe he was just a quiet soul when getting to know people? Probably not the last bit, highchance it was the former. Taking to using the wraps he had been working off earlier as a sort of napkin as he wiped away bits of food from his face, then to wipe away some of the dried blood along his neck, face and head. 

All one could say right now about him is that he looked extremely observant as he preened himself. Looking brighter and happier over time as he got cleaner.

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - KieairaKitty - 09-28-2013

Did... Did he just read my mind? Kieaira blinks sitting up a bit straighter as she stared at Aartur. You idiot ... you said that out loud. A rosy flush tinged her cheeks, but she tried to play it off as if she had meant to be speaking to him. "Oh I see..." Was all she could manage to say.

She turned her attention back to Baer, cocking her head to the side and noting to herself how he reminded her a lot of a cat the way he cleaned himself, raising one hand she reached up and scratched behind her ear... Perhaps he was raised by Miqo'te? She found herself thinking, though she dared not ask and look the fool.

She blinked a few times, hoping he had not caught her staring and shifted her gaze once more to the carbuncle, softly she made a few chittering noises, her tongue clicking against her cheek as she tried to get its' attention. She held her hand out, to try and entice the creature closer.

RE: Open RP - OOC Comments Welcome - elisan - 09-28-2013

Elisan nodded to the dunesfolk male and smiled faintly. "It's an art that does take time and patience to learn - I've been practicing awhile now but am not at all what I would consider mastered in the art. I do make use of it frequently over the course of a day. It's a great help in the field when I've been asked to do certain more unpleasant tasks - thinning the herds of the more dangerous creatures out there. That sort of thing". She shook her head at Aartur's question, "It is something independent from my studies though admittedly, having an affinity for magic has seemed to help. I followed the Spinner's threads long before I took up a staff". Her smile, while still present, did not lighten nor hide the passing sadness in her eyes.