Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them (/showthread.php?tid=7954)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Ragnar - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 01:23 AM)Edgar Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 01:06 AM)Apl_Juice Wrote: -A bootknife. Because bootknives.

[Image: art-014.jpg]

I see your bootknife and raise you one foot switchblade.

I see your foot switchblade and raise you a machine gun leg.
[Image: scotsman_zps832401fc.jpg]

I hope this escalates.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Knight Kat - 08-14-2014

Yay, another thread about weapons. Big Grin

Kiht has a large collection of weapons now. However, she does not carry them all with her at all times. The primary weapon she chooses greatly depends where she is going, and what she thinks she is likely to face. The only weapon she has with real sentimental value is a weapon she does not use anymore. It is a Feathered Harpoon made by her father.

She always carries two Mythril hunting knives as side arms. These are always on her belt no matter where she goes. She always has a smaller hidden dagger somewhere on her body as well.

Now, for primary weapons. Going over all of Kiht's weapons would be TL;DR worthy, so I will focus on her most commonly used primary weapons.

Her Harpoons:
Kiht was raised with these things, and they are widely used in Gridania. Even the elite guards of the Elder Seed Seer use a Gerbald's/Darklight Harpoon.

A Gridanian Harpoon when hunting game primarily for hides. This weapon has a great color for camouflage. It can be used for blunt-force attacks, and piercing attacks.

A Gerbald's Redspike is used when she goes into urban environments for business. It is a high-quality Harpoon that is great for giving tavern/street thugs a smack on the head if they try to bully her.

Pole-arms:
When she knows she is going into battle, she will take one of her Guisarme. They have spikes and hooks. She finds their elaborate designs to be versatile, and usually melds materia with them.

When she needs a light weapon that is more inconspicuous, she uses her Steel Spear. Nothing special about it. It is versatile, practical and very light. She also uses it when hunting game primarily for meat.

Others:
Kiht can use javelins, but almost never carries them anymore.

If she knows she is going into battle, she will bring poisoned throwing daggers.

When hunting fast game, or doing covert scouting, she uses a velocity short-bow made by a Moon-keeper friend.

Again, she does not carry all these at once. Typically, she has one pole-arm, her hunting knives and one hidden dagger. To Kiht, her weapons are just tools for battle. Her collection is always growing.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - W'seckhi Asah - 08-14-2014

Fio doesn't have many 'special weapons'. He's got his greatsword, which is just steel. He hasn't named the thing. After all, why name something and grow attached to it? The second it leaves his hands in battle, it may as well be gone for good. Same goes for his daggers. Simple steel, no identifying marks in case he can't find them. They're not something he wants tracked back to himself if they're found in a compromising situation. Like somebody's gut. 

I suppose his most notable weapon is a standard issue centurion's gunblade. For obvious reasons, it hasn't seen the light of day. Especially since his name and rank are engraved upon the hilt. He also possesses a ceremonial Limsa Lominsan cutlass, as well as a cutlass actually made for killing people and not just looking fancy. All part of the deception.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Berrod Armstrong - 08-14-2014

Berrod owns a pair of worn cobalt cesti, but he doesn't use them. He fights with his fists first and foremost -- they cesti are more 'ceremonial' than anything else -- so people can see and recognize him as a Pugilist. Most of his other weapons are borrowed.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Dogberry - 08-14-2014

Dogberry uses a billhook, a medieval weapon that throughout the ages has killed more people than smallpox. It's simple, it's functional, it works.

Though Dogberry is primarily a bare knuckle boxer kind of guy, he does have a pair of ornate brass knuckles he's quite fond of.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-14-2014

Franz is quite fond of weapons, notably, axes.

When he was just a Garlean running around, the axe would typically be carried. After character development things I won't go into detail for, he now keeps a nice, large axe hidden away in the aether around him, along with some other tools. (My way of explaining away how our inventories work). While the in-game model will probably change from time to time, it's just an ordinary axe, probably stolen from someone who "didn't need it any more" or bought with money. Perhaps he even forged it himself!

Lately, most fights Franz has been in didn't need to involve weapons, so he's had no real need to draw it out. He only uses the axe because that's a personal preference.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Roen - 08-14-2014

Roen has a cobalt winglet that her brother made for her. She takes meticulous care of it as well as her shield, which was issued to her when she did some work for the Immortal Flames.

She has no family heirloom or artifacts, she ran away with nothing but clothes (stolen armor) on her back with whatever shield and sword she could grab at the time.

She has recently been training in hand-to-hand combat and does have a pair of cesti to carry at her hips, but she has not gotten comfortable with them and would likely use her fists if it came to unarmed combat.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Roen - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 01:33 AM)Ragnar Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 01:23 AM)Edgar Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 01:06 AM)Apl_Juice Wrote: -A bootknife. Because bootknives.

[Image: art-014.jpg]

I see your bootknife and raise you one foot switchblade.

I see your foot switchblade and raise you a machine gun leg.

I hope this escalates.

I see your machine gun leg and raise you a...

[Image: RDCBqpq.jpg]

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Whittledown - 08-14-2014

Hornet has no heirloom weaponry as she was kicked out of her family's stead with nothing but the clothes on her back.

She has a particular fondness for spears and her current favored weapon, a heavy trident, was a gift from the Maelstrom command as reward for some unacknowledged work that she did for them a while back.

For her axes she goes for weight and intimidation. The blade could be dull as a hammer for all she cares, the important thing is that she's smashing you with something big and heavy. Her current axe, model is Eisentaenzer, was chosen because it is big, heavy, sharp, and frightening looking. Just carrying that thing on her back is a big signal that she is not to be messed with and has ended fights before they've begun.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Dogberry - 08-14-2014

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Sophia_Grave - 08-14-2014

Oh boy, what did I start...

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Edgar - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 02:24 PM)Apl_Juice Wrote: Oh boy, what did I start...

Something awesome.

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Melkire - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 01:13 PM)Roen Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 01:33 AM)Ragnar Wrote: I see your foot switchblade and raise you a machine gun leg.

I hope this escalates.

Those only shoot bullets. What you need are crotch-shot laser blasts so potent that they fertilize and create LIFE.
(click on the video title to view on YouTube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo

RE: Your Character's Weapons/Artifacts and How They Acquired Them - Hiro - 08-14-2014

Hiro's back story has him as someone naturally skilled with bladed weaponry. I've decidedly not adopted any job or class role specifically for him in light of this as Paladin, Monk, Lancer, and Marauder are native to Eorzea and his skills with such weaponry are merely based on muscle memory, combat training, and natural predisposition. When Ninja and (hopefully) Samurai are released they'll be what he actually identifies with.

His equipment layout is:

Folding Blade (Blazefire Saber): This is Hiro's main stay weapon. It is sturdy, light, and reliable and being of a strange compacting design compliments his high-movement fighting style. *This weapon is an event item however I've distanced Hiro from the event itself, simply stating he picked it up in Limsa Lominsa out of curiosity. No real history or anything special to it, just something to allow it to exist for his IC use really.

Bladed Shield (Bladed Lantern Shield): For Hiro the item is strange and after witnessing its uses for both offense and defense in the Arenas Hiro has adapted it to his combat style, matching it with his Folding Blade for more intense combat situations or duels.

Katars/Patas (Flame Sergeant's Patas): Hiro inherently favors stealth and silence, single quick strikes to eliminate his enemies rather than prolonged fights. Finding these weapons in a shop in Ul'dah Hiro tends to wield these on select outings where stealth and mobility is a priority.

Spear (Steel Spear): Despite his lack of ability with the heavy two handed axes that Marauders and Warriors wield, this two handed weapon has a strangely natural feeling to it despite his exotic use of the weapon. *Hiro wields this weapon ICly much like one would a Naginata versus the styles displayed by Lancers and Dragoons.

(08-14-2014, 02:26 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 01:13 PM)Roen Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 01:33 AM)Ragnar Wrote: I see your foot switchblade and raise you a machine gun leg.

I hope this escalates.

Those only shoot bullets. What you need are crotch-shot laser blasts so potent that they fertilize and create LIFE.
(click on the video title to view on YouTube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo

Yeah, I've been experimenting with a crotch mounted weapon that creates life a lot. Since I was 12, actually. I'll let you know how future experiments go. It should be a lot easier now that I have a lab partner.