Hydaelyn Role-Players
Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) (/showthread.php?tid=7695)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-22-2014

Erik shifted in his sleep, his mind drifting back.

-----------

~3 days before, Camp Bluefog~

Erik stood atop the central spire of Bluefog, looking out he could see the whole of the camp, and beyond. He watched as caravans, soldiers, and people of all kinds came and went. He was not just here to sight see, he was looking for someone. His eyes, far better then a normal hyur's scanned each face he saw, searching for a single midlander. He had memorized the face, every pore, every wrinkle. He was not alone, throughout the camp, his men and women moved. By the gate north, a young Miqo'te girl, her uniform sharper then those of her fellow guards, his eyes. To the east, the merchant Lalafell, sitting upon his green blanket, selling his pots and scrap metal. To the south, two Roes seeming to drink by the fire among mercenaries. All his agents, all his eyes. And then there was Marcus.

The boy was young, Erik had not a second thought though. He was old enough, as old as Erik was when he had first blooded. An expert in farming and botany, he was a good choice to watch the warehouses in the west of the encampment. The mission was simple, actively act as aid to the settlement, blend into the populace, find the agent and remove him. Marcus found him.

As the ring came over the pearl Erik touched the item in his ear, "Go ahead." The voice came over quiet but clear, "Ser, he's here. I can see him." Erik began to hop from ledge to ledge, moving down the spire swiftly but carefully. "All units. Converge on Marcus, target sighted." As the Red Wings moved toward the warehouse there came a small explosion. As many ran, the Wings ran toward, entering the warehouse to see the imperial agent, his gauntlet firing aetheric energy at Marcus as he held behind large blocks, firing flames from his staff. The Roes, twins both, rushed the agent, but fists ablaze as they attacked, each fighting in tandem, but the operative was no easy mark. He defended against both with ease, disabling one with a flame to the face, and the other by a counter to his strike. He turned in time to catch the arrow fired from the Miqo'te's bow. Throwing it at the Lala healer as he saw to the Roe twins, the little healer doomed until the shield flew between him and the arrow, deflecting it then returning to Erik's hand under aetheric power.

As they regrouped on Marcus as the imperial agent ran for the exit, outnumbered six to one. As they rushed as a group toward him he fired one last shot, damaging the scaffolding above. As the crates fell from on high Marcus did not hesitate as he shoved Erik from under them. As the team turned, gasps escaped as the young boy was crushed. Erik looked on in shock as the group as a whole, fueled by rage, moved on the man, catching him in a hale of arrows, fists, and stone. The Lalafell sat holding Marcus' hand, casting with all his might, but the boy was dead, there was nothing anyone could do....

-----------

~The Present, The Hourglass~

Erik awoke with a jerk, sitting up in the bed. Looking about he found himself confused, in a room of the Hourglass.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-23-2014

Yangh jumped! When a male as large as Erik bolts upright from sleep it generally causes concern!

Her hand whipped to her side, reaching for the shiv's she no longer carried on pure reflex alone. She settled quickly, reaching out with a hand for Erik's shoulder in an attempt to guide him back to her lap.

"Ablaj, Ehreek... an anti aamina..." she said softly, with a slight throaty catch to emphasise the double 'a' sound. She hoped her presence would be enough calm him and hopefully bring his head to her lap without incident.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-23-2014

Erik calmed at Yangh's words and lowered his head. Resting his head on her lap he exhaled soft words, softened my her, softened by his state, "adretek latifa....."

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-23-2014

Yangh smiled, pushing out a soft sigh as she lay back once more. Her fingertips slid though his hair, occasionally curling the strands through the cracks of her fingers.

"Talk when ready, eat when ready... but must drink now." she said a hushed, whispered tone. "Until then, sleep." she finished.

Although was meant in kindness, her clan raised Keeper tendencies still issued it as such like it were a command... albeit a gentle one.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-23-2014

Erik closed his eyes, it had been a very long time since he had felt comfortable enough to let his guard down around anyone. He felt the tightness and stress ebb away as he drifted. Erik tried to sleep as he was told, but found sleep harder to find then he thought. Laying on her he just stared into the room. "May I ask you something? Why show me such kindness."

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-24-2014

Yangh giggled lightly, running her free hand through the hair at the back of his head. "Like asking why tree grow. Yangh kind... because Yangh kind. Yangh priestess of Aphelion, avatar of Lover Menphina, not require Yangh be kind, but Yangh still kind... La? Yangh once cruel... Yangh like think atoning."

Yangh shuffled herself to get more comfortable, reaching for a La Noscean grape. "Open." she said, almost a demand, truth be told. "Eat." she said softly. Clearly many of her Keeper habits remained... especially when males were concerned.

She hovered the grape over his lips. "Ehreek not notice... many not notice. Yangh lose sight, get dull each sun. Yangh like think others show Yangh kindness when sight darken."

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-24-2014

Erik sat up at this, the band holding his hair catching in Yangh's fingers. As his hair fell he took her face in his hands, brushing some hair out of her's to get a good look at her eyes, "I am sorry. I had not noticed." He leaned very close, his face a mere ilm from her's, his eyes flashing from green to purple and back again as he looked into her aether to try and spot the cause.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-24-2014

Yangh blinked, then blinked again. She just looked back at him, more in disbelief than anything else. A MALE acting this way to HER?! How DARE he, she thought, albeit a comical one.

She smiled, reaching up with a grape between the small gap of their faces. She poked it to his lips. "Yangh not say was request..." she said sensually, trying to hide the fact that despite the encroachment of her personal space, she was glad for the fussing.

Yangh nuzzled her nose against his, pushing his face away and pushing the grape a little more firmly against his lip. "Ahhh~" she mused at him like she would a young kit.

"Yangh will talk of eyes... after Ehreek eat." she paused, clicking her tongue. "Yangh warm, not try heal unless give permission. Yangh proud Keeper... not need male fussing!" she sternly... although that wasn't exactly the truth.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-25-2014

Erik lowered his eyes a bit, the purple tint fading, "I could not heal even if I wanted to, though I admit I do wish I could. But I can only see, not heal." He smiled as she nuzzled his nose and opened his mouth for the grape. He looked into her eyes again, albeit at more the distance he felt she wanted. Content that he had looked again he sat more and leaned against the wall. He suddenly felt conscious of the situation. He was often friendly, most people found him pleasant enough to call a friend, but he rarely opened up, let his guard down. He seemed uneasy, not for doing so, but for enjoying it. "Are you hungry? I would feel bad if you were so busy caring for my foolishness that you would overlook yourself."

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-25-2014

Yangh could help but giggle at his meek reaction, a male as large as he and he was... embarrassed? If that was the right word "See is more than Yangh can do in few suns... Yangh think." she said reaching out to palm his cheek softly. "Come, rest in lap, Yangh not want Ehreek sit up yet... rest to be had, talk to be done..."

She brushed her hair aside with a hand, regarding the man's strange aether "Hohh... Halone, perhaps?" she wondered to herself, though loud enough for him to hear. "Yangh will eat... if Ehreek rest and talk. Talk often good for heal and Ehreek... seem hurt, in one way or another."

Her fingertips threaded the strands of his unhinged hair once more with a smiled. "Come, Yangh not upset or mind closeness."

Erik returned to lay as she had asked, finding it strange to have so much comfort in it. Comfort was such a foreign thing to him... was that normal? His ears perked when she spoke the name of his goddess, "I am a Priest of Halone in my private life, though I fear I am often unworthy." As she spoke on, the word "hurt" passed her lips and he felt its effect.

What was stranger then all was his sudden willingness to speak on it, he had talked on it to no one. "There is... much that has happened over the past many months. I was.... very...." He trailed off, not wishing to upset the kind woman, such terrible things. He had not spoken of what had happened except in his debriefing. Even his sister, whom he was closest, had heard not a word.

Even thinking of his time in the highlands caused an involuntary shiver, much a front to his pride and honor. "Would you hear what...." He stops, unable to even form the words. He wished to share his pain, he knew the longer he held it the more he would change. He had been through so much in his life, but this, the events of Ishgard had effected him more then anything for some reason. And the boy who had died in the north just seemed to make it more drastic. Erik had been in command of men since before his twentieth year, and had lost many men, but this boy seemed to be one to many.

He prayed she would not take offence and he turned his face to adownward angle toward her knees, trying to hide the tear that had escaped his eye as he thought on all this.

Yangh simply listened, still threading at his hair. "Speak when ready... Yangh will listen. Not be afraid, Yangh is Keeper... Yangh also priestess, understand respect and boundary."

She placed a free palm to his neck, channeling the goddess at her fingertips and slowly tracing circles at his wide shoulders, focusing on running a whispering touch to any scarring she might encounter.

He wasn't sure why, but he began to tell her.... everything. His early life, his flight from Ala Mhigo, his time in the Shroud, coming to Ul'dah, much to his surprise he found himself telling her of what he truly did. He told her of the prison, the torture, the boy in Bluefog. He told her everything.

Yangh listened to it all, her heart growing heavy as she took in the details. She intensified her channeling, for herself and for him really. After he'd finished and grew silent for a time she spoke.

"Yangh... happy." she said. "Happy that Ehreek share... Yangh think it gift... and would like to return gift in kind..." she paused, thinking of how to explain in common that wouldn't come off as crude.

"Ah... Yangh like to share gift of Menphina... it... require contact... much contact..." she said tentatively, most were not so open to her customs and Aphelion ways. "Very little clothes."

As light began to bleed into the room Erik opened his eyes. The morning called on him as it did most soldiers. As he sat up in the bed he saw Yangh asleep next to him. The morning could wait, he laid back down, wrapping his arm and cover around her and returned to sleep.