Hydaelyn Role-Players
IC dungeon runs - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: IC dungeon runs (/showthread.php?tid=5769)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: IC dungeon runs - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-11-2013

I've run several of these in-character for people, and a few IC primal fights as well. :> As long as the group keeps moving, stopping for brief commentary and dialogue after every pull, you can reasonably expect to finish with at least 20-30 minutes left on the counter.

Remember that if someone's new, it helps to instruct them on the mechanics and tactics either IC or OOC. The meat of your RP can also take place before and after the dungeon (preparation/first meeting then aftermath/recovery).

A linkshell similar to Balmung's Finest would work best, with specified guidelines such as: no badgering people to skip cutscenes if it's their first time and they want to watch, agree to go fully OOC at a certain time limit, etc.

RE: IC dungeon runs - little-patchy - 12-12-2013

I'd love to join such a linkshell as well. And using Haukke Manor as a "haunted mansion" setting for RP sounds great!

RE: IC dungeon runs - Salty Lake - 12-12-2013

I have done a few dungeons ICly with friends from my defunct IC LS. I would love to pick it back up again! We just did low level dungeons where we were in familiar OOC territory.

RE: IC dungeon runs - Nebbs - 12-12-2013

To be honest if it is a premade we tend to IC dungeon, otherwise maybe just some IC comments here and there.

I do run a few with Ilwe'ran that sort of IC for us, more a backdrop that they "adventure".

Also if you can work the theme of the dungeon into your activity that works really well.

I have also (in SWTOR) done ones where several parties his the same or different dungeons and have to coordinate progression to achieve some bigger goal. They take some organisation but can be great fun and engaging.

RE: IC dungeon runs - Tla - 12-12-2013

(12-11-2013, 04:07 PM)Olofantur Wrote: And the Sunken Temple of Qarn is just begging to be explored more... 
So, yesterday I happened to run Qarn. And since it was after this post, during the run I kept thinking what a shame it was run through that way and not stop to examine the inscriptions on the walls etc. Yes, now I'm ruined forever!

EDIT: I also just remembered that when I started leveling classes after the first, my idea was to level them only through IC dungeons. The reason I forgot it is the idea sinked, since not many people were much n that train.

RE: IC dungeon runs - LiadansWhisper - 12-12-2013

I love this idea so much, but my Linkshells are capped. -_-

RE: IC dungeon runs - Olofantur - 12-12-2013

(12-12-2013, 05:45 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I love this idea so much, but my Linkshells are capped. -_-

Eh, i'll update you through Balmung Finest if/when it gets rolling. (if that works)

RE: IC dungeon runs - LiadansWhisper - 12-12-2013

(12-12-2013, 05:49 PM)Olofantur Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 05:45 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I love this idea so much, but my Linkshells are capped. -_-

Eh, i'll update you through Balmung Finest if/when it gets rolling. (if that works)

You could, you know, just add me to friends.

But you won't.  Because you're a butt.  Yup.