Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] The Grindstone - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] The Grindstone (/showthread.php?tid=4458)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Grindstone - Aethlvohl - 09-18-2013

So, if interested in something of this manner, or perhaps observing, is it safe to say one should 'happen upon at the times on Wednesdays and Saturdays' ?

RE: The Grindstone - Oroban - 09-18-2013

Hurray, I got in! And I didn't even have to fight in any way. Sio invited Khyros cuz he's a genuinely nice guy. That or because once she saw my OOC costume she couldn't resist. Cool

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-18-2013

(09-18-2013, 01:30 PM)Aethlvohl Wrote: So, if interested in something of this manner, or perhaps observing, is it safe to say one should 'happen upon at the times on Wednesdays and Saturdays' ?

Absolutely! Tonight, as every other night for the past few days, I (and hopefully others Q_Q) will be at the bridge outside Ul'dah into Central Thanalan, before you get the the Coffin and Coffer. Hope that name is right. If one shows some interest in the goings-on to anyone already in the Shell, they'll very likely be redirected to Malek Mil'ner, Brock Praetus, Jael'li Erisha'an, or Siobhain Surtsthalwyn who is pretty difficult to miss.

(09-18-2013, 03:31 PM)Oroban Wrote: Hurray, I got in! And I didn't even have to fight in any way. Sio invited Khyros cuz he's a genuinely nice guy. That or because once she saw my OOC costume she couldn't resist. Cool

Was both. <.<; *tucks tissues into her bleeding nostrils from the memory*

Actually, Sio will take in anyone who wants to spectate regularly or heal or gamble (probably) as well as fight. So, you don't have to fight your way in but you're welcome to fight your way through if you so desire it!

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-22-2013

*Updated*

Due to some minor issues with our previous event, /rolls will be required in future events-- at the very least to decide the outcome of a match IF two opponents cannot reach a decision.

Any questions or criticisms regarding this change can be directed to me, via PM or through Skype on jilalde.

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-26-2013

UPDATED:

Attached a new website for the Free Company as well as a page including our services that can be paid for ICly and/or OOCly by non-members, link shells, free companies.

http://thegrindstone.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=488042&TabID=4204123

RE: The Grindstone - Gharen - 09-27-2013

Very cool. Already have my app in.

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-29-2013

UPDATED: Current champion is Fystrael Abylstyrwyn! Great turn-out on Saturday, I look forward to seeing you all again on Wednesday!

(We also passed 40 members in the LS, all recruited in character! Wonderful!)

*Remember, we are more than happy in the Grindstone to teach you, ICly (and OOCly) how to fight. If you have any concerns about how you'll do, rest assured that we can help you, all you need to do is ask!

RE: The Grindstone - Fen - 09-30-2013

I've RPed with these folks, once at an event and once or twice outside of an event, and I can say now that this is really a great thing. Keep it up! Big Grin

RE: The Grindstone - Martiallais - 10-01-2013

Just wanna say this LS is great. Big Grin You all should pat yourselves on the back.

RE: The Grindstone - Fystrael Abylstyrwyn - 10-01-2013

(09-27-2013, 05:34 AM)Gharen Wrote: Very cool. Already have my app in.

What he said.

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-03-2013

UPDATED:

Fystrael is our standing champion for Wednesday~!

Also to note: A'khenna Khai is currently having some subscription issues and will not be able to work as our primary recruiter for a little while. During this time, please continue to contact Siobhain Surtsthalwyn, Khyros Oroban, or any of our LS overseers.

Our Free Company is still open to new members via RP recruitment. We may actually offer some of the RP we'll be doing in the future (story-development as opposed to simply tournament/sparring situations) to our LS members. If you're interested in what that may entail, please contact me via PM or Skype.

Looking forward to a potential job with Mr. Meat. <3

And finally, we're somehow up to 53 members. H-how does this even happen?! *joy* I hope I can continue to provide events and RP for all of you. If ever you get that hankering for combat, please don't hesitate to give a shout in the shell and see who might be around.

RE: The Grindstone - Val - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 06:06 PM)Siobhain Wrote: And finally, we're somehow up to 53 members. H-how does this even happen?! *joy* I hope I can continue to provide events and RP for all of you. If ever you get that hankering for combat, please don't hesitate to give a shout in the shell and see who might be around.

It happened cawz u awsum.

In all honestly, I'm glad I found you guys. It's opened up a lot of great RP and a good part of my day is spent looking forward to logging in and spending time with you fine individuals. It's a much needed reprieve from the stresses of class work and all that good stuff. 

Keep it up =) And likewise if I'm needed for anything, don't hesitate to ask.

RE: The Grindstone - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 06:34 PM)Val Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 06:06 PM)Siobhain Wrote: And finally, we're somehow up to 53 members. H-how does this even happen?! *joy* I hope I can continue to provide events and RP for all of you. If ever you get that hankering for combat, please don't hesitate to give a shout in the shell and see who might be around.

It happened cawz u awsum.

In all honestly, I'm glad I found you guys. It's opened up a lot of great RP and a good part of my day is spent looking forward to logging in and spending time with you fine individuals. It's a much needed reprieve from the stresses of class work and all that good stuff. 

Keep it up =) And likewise if I'm needed for anything, don't hesitate to ask.

<3 <3 <3 Val, you are one of my absolute favorite people. And one of our first members! Q_Q One of the greatest things about this LS is the variety of different, awesome RPers I might never have met if I didn't suck it up and at least give it a shot. Hurray for courage!

Hurray for you beating me up too. Val's killing strikes 2 Sio's neck 0.

RE: The Grindstone - Fen - 10-07-2013

Having been increasingly involved in the group, they definitely have my mark of approval. Not just really fun events, but especially awesome people. <3

RE: The Grindstone - cuideag - 10-07-2013

Grindstone is good people. <3 Looking forward to RPing with more of y'all!