Hydaelyn Role-Players
Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) (/showthread.php?tid=360)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Tadir - 08-17-2010

Tadir shrugs and watches the two leave. Kicking back in his chair again he places his feet are the bar and leans his head back.

"Could be a story there, seems reluctant to talk about it though..." He muses.

"Maybe I can get something out of the big one."

He shrugs to himself again, takes a sip of his beer, closes his eyes and waits for something interesting to happen.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Shamadconde - 08-17-2010

Shamad thought for a bit as they entered his room. "I have some idea but I don't think I will be able to help them. They might want to get their hands on that artifact I talked about but it was destroyed during the fight." He grabbed Serenla's pack and dumped out the contents. "You know herbs and what not.....what here is illegal?"

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Vareal - 08-17-2010

Nedral watched Shamad dump the contents out then began rummaging through them. "Hmmm, do you have any parts of the artifact?" She asked, then came upon three different corked vials. She lifted a vial filled with a murky gray liquid, uncorked it and brought it to her nose. Her nose twitched and she replaced the cork.

"This is a fungi based steroid, though not illegal it is rather potent. It would explain her unusual size." She placed the vial down and grabbed the next, a greenish liquid. Like before, she uncorked the vial and took a whiff. "This is a form of Aloe used to treat, uh, itching or rashes." She quickly set it down.

She picked up the last vial, a clear silky liquid jumbled about inside. She removed the cork, put it to her nose and immediately took it away, turning her head. She coughed and quickly put the cork back on. "Ok, this one is illegal, at least in this region. It's Datura Stramonium, known by many names but most commonly called Devil's Weed." She brought the vial close to her eyes to inspect. "It's often fatal in large doses, however, it's main purpose is a hallucinogen. In small doses it can cause a person to see things they normally wouldn't and, as a by product, it can sometimes be used to recall suppressed memories or, most commonly, the person will spill any secret they may have." She turned her head to Shamad. "Have any secrets you don't want anyone to know?"

Show Content

Show Content

Shamad watched as she inspected the contents of Serenla's bag. "The artifact no longer exists. I do know the spell it controlled or at least how it worked. It'll take another thousand years for it reform the artifact, if it ever does that is. What is the penalty for that Devil's Weed? If the penalty isn't harsh enough, we could always slip a fairly large dose of it in her food....."

She pondered Shamad's question. "Well, back in my d-- Many years ago the penalty for such a toxin would have been death, should it be used for malicious purposes. Now, as this type of thing is somewhat more common, a long prison sentence would most likely be involved, but I cannot say for sure." She smiled a bit. "We could administer a large dose to her, should you plan on killing her. But, a small enough dosage mixed with some alcohol might get her to talk, if she has anything to say. It's also worth noting that this is a rather large amount of Devil's Weed and, considering the size and proportions of any Lalafell, this amount could keep one subdued for well over a month, possibly two."

Shamad clapped his hands with glee then winced. "That wasn't the most brilliant thing to do. Let's put everything back except the crazy weed. It doesn't matter if we put it back the way they were in there originally. She isn't the most organized person in the world. I need a nap. That run tired me out along with turning my hair white. I will leave getting the truth out of Serenla to you. I would only be a hindrance to the operation." He toddled over to the bed and lay down.

Show Content

She stood there for a moment as Shamad lay down, then she put the contents back into the bag, pocketing the Devil's Weed. She left the room, closing the door behind her, then went back down to the bar. She moved her way behind the bar, found a small class and a bottle of heavy liquor and poured an amount into the glass. She went back to the table they left Tadir, bringing the bottle and another glass, and sat down, sighing, crossing a leg over the other. "Looks like you might get a story after all, Tadir." She said and took a drink.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Tadir - 08-18-2010

Nedral returns without shamad and says, "Looks like you might get a story after all, Tadir."

Tadir opens his eyes and stairs at the ceiling before asking, "Oh? What makes you say that?"

He takes his feet off the bar and places his glass on the bar. Finally looking at Nedral, Tadir asks, "So is this going to be a story about you or the little one?"

He runs his hand through his hair, wondering for a moment where his hat is.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Vareal - 08-18-2010

Nedral stretched her neck then finished off her drink and poured another one, taking the second a little more slowly this time. "I'm sure it'll be a little bit of both, in due time, however it's just me for right now until that other Lalafell comes back. So if you're still curious about what happened with those slavers, I'd be more than willing to share."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Tadir - 08-18-2010

Tadir perks up at the offer. "Absolutely! Why don't we start at the beginning?"

He leans forward and rests his arms on the bar. Looking at Nedral, he smiles encouragingly.

"How did you end up in a situation that you had to deal with slavers? Set the scene for me."

He smiles.

Show Content

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Vareal - 08-18-2010

"Hmmm, it was just over a week ago, Luther and I were leaving Ul'dah to head north through the desert to Gridania to eventually make our way to Limsa Lominsa, foregoing traveling with the caravan for a more direct route through the desert." She took a small sip of her drink, then scratching her bruised nose. "On the second day out, we noticed a dust cloud off in the distance that couldn't have been the caravan as they were several leagues east of our position. It took us most of the day to reach the origin of the dust could and we came upon a settlement inside of an old rock quarry. Right away we knew they were slaves working the quarry. We scouted the area, getting as close as we could in the day light. Normally we would have left it alone, not wanting to get involved, but just as we were about to leave I spotted a female Miqo'te that looked familiar to me." She uncrossed her leg and leaned forward, taking another drink.

"Against Luther's protests, I moved in as close as I dared to get a closer look at the Miqo'te." She sighed. "It was my mother."
Show Content

Re: Al'Mian Oasis, Part II (Request Invite) - Vareal - 08-22-2010

Show Content