Hydaelyn Role-Players
10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch (/showthread.php?tid=271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Stanzie - 07-22-2010

*raises hand* May I join?

On topic, my worst are then and than. I can never remember which one to use when. Never.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Vardia - 07-23-2010

I happen to have issues with farther and further, but I think the thing I have the most problems with is punctuation and the spelling of a few things. So if you happen to see commas in places where they shouldn't be during an RP, I apologize in advanced.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Bear - 07-23-2010

I have issues with birds. Not the spelling, they just creep me right the frig out.

lol, but seriously, Stanzie then and than are SOOO frusterating, so here, I'll do some research for you:

Than = comparing two things
Then = with respect to time

for example:
I am better at wearing clothes THAN you.
We are going to the baby factory, THEN the dorkfish museum.
Dorkfishology is better THAN non-dorkfishology.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Renaise - 07-23-2010

Stephen Fry is pretty much right in my eyes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzMIKsrjcOI&feature=related

"Its just ass gravy" Tongue

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Monadi - 07-23-2010

Kashemia Wrote:*Starts collecting an army of zombie slaves under her spell* Soon, the world will be mine! I am the greatest willain ewer made!

Or a cousin of Elmer Fudd. One of the two.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Kashemia - 07-23-2010

Yeah.. I don't actually say "ewer" though, that one was just for the effect <.<.
I do say willain though, though I'm trying to correct myself when I do it Tongue

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - ArmachiA - 07-23-2010

Say Nuclear Wessells!

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Faust - 07-23-2010

I have horrible pronunciation habits, much due to my upbringing, though grammatically I tend to only make errors due to typos or intentionally as an effect of dialogue.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Bear - 07-23-2010

Faust Wrote:I have horrible pronunciation habits, much due to my upbringing, though grammatically I tend to only make errors due to typos or intentionally as an effect of dialogue.

or if you're really really drunk, hahaha XD

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Faust - 07-24-2010

Actually I'm something of a teetotaller.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Bear - 07-24-2010

ohhhhhhhh, your one of those guys that thinks everyone who drinks is a vacuous moron.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Xaefan - 07-24-2010

Just because I idiot doesn't mean I'm an drunk!

Wait... *Glances at the bottles of alcohol on his desk behind him.* What's my desire for prettily-shaped glass bottles to do with my horrible southern english?

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Siben - 07-24-2010

Bear Wrote:ohhhhhhhh, your one of those guys that thinks everyone who drinks is a vacuous moron.

Or they just don't like the taste.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Iroh - 07-24-2010

Siben Wrote:
Bear Wrote:ohhhhhhhh, your one of those guys that thinks everyone who drinks is a vacuous moron.

Or they just don't like the taste.

Or their chemical makeup is such that any alcohol will cause a chemical reaction within their body that could render them a walking nuclear wessel. Er, vessel.

Re: 10 Common Errors “Spell Check” Won’t Catch - Faust - 07-24-2010

No, though I can't say the same for people who make snap judgments about others based on their personal practices?

Snipping aside, I neither like the taste nor the way it makes people act. Some people are fun when they're drunk, and those people are typically a lot less fun as the depressant qualities of alcohol begin to kick in. I'm generalizing and there are exceptions. I'm not one of them and have met few who are. Even to the small extent that I enjoy it, I find that I end up regretting it. I'm just happier sober, which is all the reason I need.

As for others, so long as they are responsible about it and keep the consequences to themselves, I have no opinion of it. It's self-destructive to many people and that's a shame, and for some it's nothing more than a recreational activity. For those people I only wish they would find something better to do to enjoy their lives. But that's not to say that there's by necessity anything wrong with it, just that there's nothing productive about it that can't be achieved by more productive means, at least ideally.