Hydaelyn Role-Players
Alderique Draws - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Alderique Draws (/showthread.php?tid=12597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 11-26-2015

(11-25-2015, 09:40 PM)Eyenigma Wrote: Ok, I practically made a profile just to comment on this, but I really, really love your character sketches. Those Elezen crack me up. If you are not considering applying someplace for character design I would strongly consider it -- these have a lot of life and convey great concepts, seriously digging the style and heart you have managed to pull through and I commend you on pursuing what's natural to you over chasing the fabled art skillcap. Good job.

Thank you Eyenigma <3

I do like conceptual stuff, and may eventually get into something like storyboarding, but that will take much more drawing practice (mainly just drawing such volume, and being able to portrait different character styles more easily).

In the mean time I'm developing work in graphic design as well, and am interested in combining art/illustration/design. Time will tell!

RE: Alderique Draws - Marcy - 11-26-2015

Oh yes, definitely, I can see your stuff fit lots of places for storyboards c:

I'd start doing some sequential stuff already, consider how characters move/interact with each other and the space, shot design and layouts, etc. I do some concept and storyboard stuff (though I'm primarily an illustrator/character artist), feel free to hit me up if you ever need names or pointers! Definitely do not see enough of your kind of work in the field.

RE: Alderique Draws - Meishali - 12-14-2015

I try to avoid posting in art threads myself, tbh, but... You artworks have so much character, and as another person said here, the Kate Beaton touch is perhaps the greatest thing. I saw that sketch you did of Isla and I love it sooo much. My doodle-like style is far from being as efficient as yours, but I'm definitely going to practice. What are the other artists you like?

Maybe I didn't read the thread thoroughly enough (I'm going to do it again and edit this post accordingly after posting, I think), but do you have a blog, or journal, or even a deviantART? I'd really like to follow you. Even just a portfolio, or anything.

God I'm such a slut for art.Cactuar

RE: Alderique Draws - Warren Castille - 12-14-2015

You're not allowed to ever stop.

RE: Alderique Draws - Roen - 12-14-2015

The Grindstone drawing and the Elezen and Highlander.

Give me that rep button!!!

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 01:06 PM)Meishali Wrote: I try to avoid posting in art threads myself, tbh, but... You artworks have so much character, and as another person said here, the Kate Beaton touch is perhaps the greatest thing. I saw that sketch you did of Isla and I love it sooo much. My doodle-like style is far from being as efficient as yours, but I'm definitely going to practice. What are the other artists you like?

Maybe I didn't read the thread thoroughly enough (I'm going to do it again and edit this post accordingly after posting, I think), but do you have a blog, or journal, or even a deviantART? I'd really like to follow you. Even just a portfolio, or anything.

God I'm such a slut for art.Cactuar

I'll share because you used the cactuar emote.
http://marcotumbles.tumblr.com
Semi-NSFW at times? I draw cartoony nudes of men, so there are dicks, but they're not overtly sexual or anything! I don't think.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I'm usually a bit apprehensive because I feel that my style doesn't often appeal to people in game communities, but I'm having fun with it.

Currently I'm thinking of taking /icam screenshots from events and redrawing them, because I love how random they are. But! I'm wrapping up a drawing for a member here, and I have to work on publishing a new portfolio website, as well as some art pieces to upload to society6.com to sell prints and merchandise of!

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 12-28-2015

Hello art sluts. Here is an elf boyfriend. Hint: it's me.

[Image: i07mEah.jpg]

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 01-11-2016

The scholarly Ms. Isla Sahb. Comes with carbuncle and fat cat!*

[Image: KPuwgEl.jpg]
*fat cat not included

RE: Alderique Draws - PhantasticPanda - 01-11-2016

Am I even alive right now

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 04:49 PM)PhantasticPanda Wrote: Am I even alive right now

Show Content

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 01-19-2016

I draw with crayons sometimes because I'm mentally 7 sometimes.

UPDATE: Instant regret because crayon fragments in my scanner sticking to other project drawings. 3/10 would not recommend.

[Image: ZzAgKmQ.jpg]

Do you even lalafell.

[Image: xrEdnnq.jpg]

Chunky thaumaturge that may or may not resemble a certain other copyrighted Final Fantasy character.

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 02-08-2016

I drew an Alderique a while ago and never scanned it, here it is.

[Image: ZBb93fD.jpg]

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 02-11-2016

Alderiques!

[Image: YgfagFH.jpg]

[Image: CKq60uM.jpg]

[Image: OKNuj7o.jpg]

RE: Alderique Draws - Burd - 02-11-2016

This is the kind of quality content I come to this site for.
12/10 would take all the art on a date.

RE: Alderique Draws - Alderique - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 03:08 AM)Burd Wrote: This is the kind of quality content I come to this site for.
12/10 would take all the art on a date.

It'll probably put out too.