Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Race Demographic Poll - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Race Demographic Poll (/showthread.php?tid=12348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Sarnai Kha - 06-30-2015

Miqo'te were nearly the majority of characters though due to the Eorzean census the dev's did during the month long anniversary event thing if that makes a difference.

Hyur were the most populated race though.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Melkire - 06-30-2015

1. Hyur, when listed as a single option, doesn't take into account the dimorphism between midlanders and highlanders.

2. Au Ra will have impacted Miqo'te population more significantly than other races, IMO, given how many of the latter have seemingly jumped ship for the new race.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Paradox - 06-30-2015

Elezen Master Race.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Cato - 06-30-2015

It'll be interesting to see how many of the current Au Ra actually remain Au Ra once the initial hype surrounding the expansion dies down. It's likely that I'll be sticking with a Midlander as my main since whilst I'm intrigued by Elezen and Au Ra due to various aspects of their lore...I've yet to create a character that 'clicks' in the way that Graeham does.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Fox - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 07:24 PM)Graeham Wrote: It'll be interesting to see how many of the current Au Ra actually remain Au Ra once the initial hype surrounding the expansion dies down. It's likely that I'll be sticking with a Midlander as my main since whilst I'm intrigued by Elezen and Au Ra due to various aspects of their lore...I've yet to create a character that 'clicks' in the way that Graeham does.

I'm curious of this as well, I figure some of it will be FotM. Personally? I'm committed to my au ra I enjoy her, I love her story and I've been having a lot more fun on this character than I have been for a few years now, even off this game. I miss the personality traits and being able to play them again have been refreshing.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - -no longer matters- - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 07:06 PM)Melkire Wrote: 1. Hyur, when listed as a single option, doesn't take into account the dimorphism between midlanders and highlanders.

I agree I don't see many Highlanders, mainly all Midlanders. But I love my Highlanders and their lore. Smile

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Lilia Lia - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 07:24 PM)Graeham Wrote: It'll be interesting to see how many of the current Au Ra actually remain Au Ra once the initial hype surrounding the expansion dies down. It's likely that I'll be sticking with a Midlander as my main since whilst I'm intrigued by Elezen and Au Ra due to various aspects of their lore...I've yet to create a character that 'clicks' in the way that Graeham does.

Graeham is a great character and I miss RPing with him.  But I'm sure you could do something else also.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Kalooeh - 06-30-2015

I actually have 3 mains (and more alts)
But Highlander, Midlander, and a Keeper
And then the rest in my sig are ones I don't play nearly as often

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - ArmachiA - 06-30-2015

The two characters I play the most are a Midlander and a Highlander Hyur. I'll be adding Au Ra to it.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Cato - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 10:20 PM)Lilia Lia Wrote:

Graeham is a great character and I miss RPing with him.  But I'm sure you could do something else also.

I miss role-playing with Lilia too! I'm sort of torn with Graeham, personally. I don't usually play humans in MMO's if I can help it - and I feel like he's sort of hit a brick wall in terms of his progression. I could take him a completely different direction to keep things fresh but I've already done that once and playing something a bit more seasoned in terms of combat capabilities will allow me to head out into the game world more often/set up events geared towards doing just that.

If I do end up changing him, however, I'll turn an alt into him to keep him around for relevant stuff. I'm kind of frustrated at the moment since the fresh Elezen lore really hits all the right buttons for me and I role-played a blood elf soldier back in WoW for years so I can safely say that elven soldiers are my 'niche' so to speak.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Sylentmana - 07-01-2015

I have a Miqo'te I play on Balmung, but I've since set her aside to focus on a new Au Ra character on a different server.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - D'aito Kuji - 07-01-2015

The fewer the Miqo'te, the more lore compliant it is.  That suits me fine.  I am surprised to see so many Hyur.  I guess I just haven't noticed.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 01:06 PM)Daito Kuji Wrote: The fewer the Miqo'te, the more lore compliant it is.  That suits me fine.  I am surprised to see so many Hyur.  I guess I just haven't noticed.

The Poll combines highlanders and midlanders, which are quite distinctive.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Gegenji - 07-01-2015

One should also keep in mind that this is merely the RPC demographic poll. It doesn't account for all the other people playing on Balmung, Gilgamesh, and such who are not members of the RPC. Wink

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Dis - 07-01-2015

I have three Elezen, three Au Ra, one Hyur, and one Roegadyn.  

As far as racial diversity between them, two are Wildwood and related (Glioca and Aelden), one is Wildwood, but as I've not RP'd her yet or written up extensive background on her, I might modify her to be Duskwight, her name would work for either race.  My Au Ra are spread with one Raen, and two Xaela.  My Hyur is a Midlander, and my Roegadyn is a Hellsguard.