Hydaelyn Role-Players
Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Miyu Asuka - 02-09-2012

Don't care, pick one and we all transfer asap, the OOC linkshell will be re-created on the day of transfer and will be spread again just as easily, don't panic, nothing to worry about. Nothing will stop us.~

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Ariel - 02-09-2012

I'll throw around an idea:

Step 1-Make a statement in the official forums the least populated server will be picked for RP-ers upon transfer.
(Taking into consideration the 2 stage transfer with the lock of the filled up servers after the first stage)

Step 2-Mobilize a hold off of world choosing with the cooperation of all (not all, but most) rpers until the second stage in which we all pick the least populated server.

Step 3-Have a clean server to play on with everyone.

Step 4- ??????

Step 5-Profit.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Chloe Ardarose - 02-09-2012

I voted for 4.

Seven WILL BE the most popular number, making it a bad choice in my opinion (it'll be overpopulated compared to other servers).

1 and 10 are at extremes, so I counted out those. 5 is in the middle, so it gets the boot as well. 6 has chinese significance, and two is second best.

I picked four over nine simply because I prefer even over odd. Smile

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Merri - 02-09-2012

Quote:1. Petition for a RP server. If they announce a RP server select it.
2. If there is no RP server, and they announce server names, choose Besaid.
3. If they do not show names, pick server #9.

I think this might be our best plan of action, based on the poll results thus far.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Bryg Bluebeard - 02-09-2012

I'll echo my strong feelings against choosing World 7. There are three huge reasons why it will undoubtedly be a popular server (lucky number, religious connotations, FF7's popularity), so assuming our goal is to avoid servers that would be popular without the RP community already, I think avoiding World 7 would be a very very good idea. I'd of course understand why this wouldn't happen, but I'll just toss out the suggestion of maybe even making World 7 a special case and remove it from the polls entirely, unless someone can actually come up with a good argument as to why it's not guaranteed to be a popular pick.

I'll also echo support for Oskar's plan. I think if the servers are named before we choose them, we should just go to Besaid as that would be the easiest and most straight-forward solution. It would also increase the odds of keeping with people currently on Besaid that are a bit more out-of-the-loop than others. If not, World 9 seems like it would be an unpopular enough number to go by. I think the fact that World 10 is semi-designated for French and German players may spook enough people away from the high-numbered servers and have them recoil directly to the middle-ground, so I think 9 might be safe from people who tend to pick at the extremes first.

As such, I'm lending my vote to World 9.

Furthermore, I also like the idea of the results of this poll being a suggestion to then bring to the larger Besaid (and beyond?) community. That way we can say what the RPC has chosen via polls, and that could give us some starting point to work from with the non-RPers, until an ultimate decision is made.

~~~

Also, for the sake of added insight, here's a post from Bayohne on the Lodestone (requoted from the TALE forums):
Quote:I would like to offer some insight into why we decided not to display the World names.

The operations and development teams held many internal discussions regarding how the Worlds were going to be merged. We discussed displaying the World names and allowing players to choose their destination and we also considered having some Worlds dissolved and merged into other existing worlds.

We did consider deciding on the World names beforehand, but the problem is that players often choose which World to go to based on its name (to be more specific, currently both Selbina and Gysahl are highly populated due to the popularity of the World names).

Therefore, when merging 18 servers into 10, you can imagine that there will be a rush to choose the Worlds that have popular names. These would fill up quickly and we would have to stop letting people in, and then it would end up being something of a lottery. Taking into consideration the time difference and what day etc, it was really hard to decide, but as we are making playing together as a community a priority, we have decided to hold back the World names and let people choose this way.

We are aware that some players may be frustrated at this, and we apologize for that but please try to understand our reasoning. We haven’t decided which World will get what name yet. For, things like drawing lots and other methods, we want to think about this separately.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Tivahlt - 02-09-2012

I voted for 9 too. I think it's a very pretty number personally, plus all of the other reasons mentioned that are much better thought out, PLUS it's divisible by 3 which is a lucky number, PLUUUUS it's a hilarious mathematical anomaly that when you divide 9/9 you get .9999999999 ad infinitum instead of 1.

I'm a bit silly.

I will also echo everything Bryg is echoing, if we shout loud enough someone higher up is bound to take notice.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Akashi - 02-09-2012

Irks me a bit that I have to renew my subscription and my girlfriend's subscription for this, and keep it active until the end of March to reserve names. Instead of reshuffling everyone they should have just taken the smallest population servers and transfered them.. that's what every other MMO does. SE's logic is so silly sometimes...

Gonna go with whatever is decided for sure, but I chose Server 6 cause it's a bit down the list and people are less likely to choose even numbers.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Aysun - 02-09-2012

I was extremely disappointed by SE's choice to name a German/French server, but not an RP one.

Link the post as soon as you make it on the lodestone so that I can support the petition for an RP server!

For now, I'm casting my vote for 9. The arguments for it are very good. Tongue

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Galvadan - 02-09-2012

I'm with petitioning SE to make an offical RP server...that said i'm just going to vote 9 now...but if the offical RP server ends up being different, i'm going there.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Smiling River - 02-09-2012

Link to the request: HERE

Please like/comment!

Also, I noticed someone jumped the gun and made a thread already - the more the merrier, but it has significantly less context/info in the OP, so I decided to go ahead and post my own.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Dralid - 02-09-2012

Well, this method of merging is kinda useful. I'll stress out the necessity of pointing the choice in general forums as it might influence a few players out there.
I'm one those folks who like to Role-play, yet could not roll Besaid, due to Real-life friends rolling their characters on Mysidia.
But hey, the friends are no longer playing and the linkshells have been pretty unstable. I like Mysidia, but I miss Role-play too much to pass on that opportunity.

I voted for 9, even though it's only a number. Kinda awkward to assume a number will be popular or not.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Aysun - 02-10-2012

I have started saying:

Current Besaid plan for those who want to stay together as a community as posted on the Lodestone: 1) There is currently a petition for an RP server, if they announce an RP server select it! - 2) If there is no RP server, and they announce server names; choose BESAID no matter what number it is. - 3) If they do not show names, pick server 9.

Spread the word.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Eternal Darkness - 02-10-2012

looks like 9 is winning... though I wouldn't mind number 7, hell I'm going with the crowd, but my thought process is this: Final Fantasy 7. A lot of people's favorite FF game, at least those who played 7 before others. So I think regardless, 7 is going to be heavily populated. So we'll see where this takes us.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - SamusKnight2K - 02-10-2012

While I do want a RP server or one designated as one officially I'm wondering if this is a good idea. Trolls are picking up on the whole thing and are starting to troll us on the official forums. Not to mention I ponder if groups will just purposely join our server of choice with the intent on trolling us. Easy to doubt the idea, but it's still very much possible if somebody's enough of an ass.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Hayden - 02-10-2012

I'd love to throw my two cents in on the Lodestone post, and my support for that matter, but even though I activated my account (after only a week of inactivity) it STILL wont let me post on the lodestone forms. SOOOO I have to wait. But I'm ok with the trolls spamming...after all the more posts the thread gets the more likely it is to be noticed by a forum Mod.

^_^ they are actually doing us a favor!