Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Ozgur - 09-03-2010

Rabanastre and Selbina, nice~

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Kashemia - 09-03-2010

... Now I totally wanna roll on Rabanastre just because that name is awesome to say!

Rabanastre... Rabanastre... Rabanastre....

Yeah, I demand a repoll! Wink

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Rhio - 09-03-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Yeah, I demand a repoll! Wink

You get your repoll when I get my personal airship.

(I figure I can't lose with this configuration.)

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Tadir - 09-03-2010

*Looks out the window at HIS personal airship*

*Walks away whistling quietly to himself.*

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Vareal - 09-04-2010

Repoll? MAYBE we can have a repoll for launch, but for the beta lets keep to Besaid; I've already roll'd Nedral 3 times and even though she'll get wiped in the coming weeks, I'd rather not do it again.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Asyria - 09-04-2010

You guys do realize she was kidding, right. ^^;

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Tadir - 09-04-2010

Well...yes. All the response have been rather sarcastic or humorous in themselves, so I would assume so.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Hiyoshroom - 09-04-2010

One of my friends told me Besaid is full. I have had no chance at getting a code, and may not ever, thanks for your worse than lottery code handouts SE.

I<ll probably go to Selbina, if so, where one of my buddies is, but in case it is indeed full and we cannot roll on it, what shall we do?

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Satisiun - 09-04-2010

Hiyoshroom Wrote:One of my friends told me Besaid is full.

If that really is the case, then the irony over this vote and why one server bombed over the other is thick enough to cut with a bloody chainsaw. Laugh But truth is it may just be a temporary thing. As many servers have seen cases of appearing, disappearing, going up, then back down, without much explanation from Square.

Still, sorry to hear about your plight. Best thing to do for the moment is to just sit tight and see what happens between now and the official release.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Asyria - 09-05-2010

IF it is indeed already full and remains so and it's impossible to create more characters there while only a minority of the RPC rolled there, we would definitely need to review our options.

However, between hearsay and the uncertain amount of people that might be leaving before beta is over (tons of people use beta's as a free trial of sorts), it's still too early to do anything about it. We should probably not worry before launch.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Hiyoshroom - 09-05-2010

Yeah, many, many things can happen indeed.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Siben - 09-05-2010

if no one has noticed, last i checked when I rolled a new character last night around 2am ~every~ server for OB is at 3 chocobos

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Aveline - 09-05-2010

That is why they said they may bring on more servers, depending on population.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - BloodHecate - 09-05-2010

Perhaps I'm a bit bright eyed, but I tend to look at a crowded server as more of an advantage than a disadvantage. Allows Final Fantasy roleplayers into imminence. The influence and importance one gets, residing among the masses, is an advantage that I see. So if Besaid stays the most popular, I will see that as a thing I like about the choice.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Siben - 09-05-2010

It's one thing to have a population, it's another matter entirely when the server is so lagged you have 10+ seconds of input-delay. That's rather...disruptive when you're trying to actually PVE.

I'm actually not concerned come Live launch though. I have a feeling the server will be much less crowded.