Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Val - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 11:22 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: *Quiet sobbing* I finally did it. I finally updated Berrod's Wiki. All I need to do now is update the picture when I get home and it'll be golden.

*wild loud wailing*

I can't imagine the amount of strength and will that this required. You, sir, are a god among men.

Meanwhile, I still have to update my wiki for every. single. character. UUUUUUUGH

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 11:32 AM)Val Wrote:
(07-17-2015, 11:22 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: *Quiet sobbing* I finally did it. I finally updated Berrod's Wiki. All I need to do now is update the picture when I get home and it'll be golden.

*wild loud wailing*

I can't imagine the amount of strength and will that this required. You, sir, are a god among men.

Meanwhile, I still have to update my wiki for every. single. character. UUUUUUUGH
Urgh. I've been meaning to make ones for Caden and Nasam but HRRRRGGGHHHHNOOOO too much work. They'll get random tumblr things instead. 

With Berrod's it's easy because all I do is add/change a sentence or two to each section. The hardest part is the lovers/friends/acquaintances section because I have to write blurbs for each new person who goes on. 

I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO MAKE -TWO- MORE FROM SCRATCH WITH CADEN AND SAM.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Jana - 07-17-2015

I still need to make a wiki... Maybe I can make it a project for today since I don't have work, but it's too early for most people to be online.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 11:39 AM)Jana Wrote: I still need to make a wiki... Maybe I can make it a project for today since I don't have work, but it's too early for most people to be online.
Yasss do it

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - -no longer matters- - 07-17-2015

I need to POST my characters Wiki! Haha soon though! Still writing background stuff!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-17-2015

*looks around aimlessly* ...if anyone ever needs help with making a wiki, please bother me. I like helping lol

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - -no longer matters- - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 12:08 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: *looks around aimlessly* ...if anyone ever needs help with making a wiki, please bother me. I like helping lol
I will take you up on that kind sir, when I get the rest of her History written up!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Roen - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 12:08 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: *looks around aimlessly* ...if anyone ever needs help with making a wiki, please bother me. I like helping lol

Can you just write up a wiki for Brynn please? Big Grin

(creating a brand new wiki for alts is haaaaaaaard)

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - A'kos Saiyal - 07-17-2015

I....I have no idea where to even begin Huh

(07-17-2015, 12:25 PM)Roen Wrote:

Can you just write up a wiki for Brynn please? Big Grin

(creating a brand new wiki for alts is haaaaaaaard)

...you'd still have to feed text blurbs, but I could implement a template of choice if you wanna make a Brynn wiki

(07-17-2015, 12:29 PM)A Wrote: I....I have no idea where to even begin Huh

Are there any character wikis you like the layout of?

Starting from there, as long as the person's OK with it, you could grab their code, remove their character stuff and use it as a template to customize!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Lilia Lia - 07-17-2015

Maybe the fact that I've never updated my wiki means that it needs to be updated.  Maybe I'll try to arrange it according to a template but I don't really like any of the templates I've seen because some of the sections in them seem a little less encyclopedic and more "facebook profile" kind of stuff.  I just want to keep my wiki as a kind of resource for people who are RPing with me and need meta-info on Lilia for whatever reason.

I think I need to add more detail about Lilia's family though and possibly some description of her role in her free company (since it's probably company members who will be reading it more than anyone else).

(Edit) One thing I'd like to do is add more NPC rumours. Specific NPCs, like guildmasters or NPC vendors. I'm not sure whether or not that's really done though or considered appropriate.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Xydane - 07-17-2015

You all think updating is bad? My dumb arse decided to delete everything when I left so now I have to start Xydane's Wiki page all over.

/facedesk

This is going to be a long weekend. I am definitely paying the price for my idiocy.

/sobs

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Aya - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 03:40 PM)Xydane Wrote: You all think updating is bad? My dumb arse decided to delete everything when I left so now I have to start Xydane's Wiki page all over.

/facedesk

This is going to be a long weekend. I am definitely paying the price for my idiocy.

/sobs
You didn't just clear the wiki so you could revert it?  But the rumors! Sad

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Xydane - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 03:44 PM)Aya Wrote:
(07-17-2015, 03:40 PM)Xydane Wrote: You all think updating is bad? My dumb arse decided to delete everything when I left so now I have to start Xydane's Wiki page all over.

/facedesk

/sobs
You didn't just clear the wiki so you could revert it?  But the rumors! Sad

I know, I know. Like I said, I am sooo paying the price for it! Frustrated