Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Warren Castille - 05-05-2015

My wiki's had a section listed as under renovation for months now. I can never find the words.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kage - 05-05-2015

"Words"

I hate re-writing the past events sections but I always feel like I need to. I also need to edit Kage's present/most recents. ugh.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kurt S. - 05-05-2015

Now that I think about it, it's not just my empty assed wikis that need updating but slotting rumours into other people's wikis too. 

The work is stacking up one on top of the other. 

And here I am still twiddling my thumbs.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - DoomsdayClock - 05-05-2015

I need to update my multiple wikis...ugh....Can't society as a whole end and leave the power grid intact so I can sit at home and get these far more important things done?

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kurt S. - 05-05-2015

(05-03-2015, 05:51 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I filled in Seno's appearance and personality. Does that count for fulfilling our bargain, Ramomo?

I placed a lot of 'Under Renovation', 'Subject to Ongoing Change' and 'WORK IN PROGRESS' across Kurt, Nah and Ramen...that counts right? RIGHT?!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Manari - 05-05-2015

I suppose I could add a rumors section to my wiki. But all I have for it is a few NPC rumors I made up myself for Manari. I don't think anyone around knows Manari anymore, and Manari has been a forest hermit so long that she doesn't know anyone around any more either.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - FreelanceWizard - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 10:43 AM)Ilweran Wrote: Ah while you're around, maybe you might be able to help me with this one Smile ?
I changed my template not long ago and we noticed that all the people using the said template (Carina Lir, P'azih Tia, D'lyhhia Lhuil, etc.) don't appear in the characters list. I don't manage to find where we messed up so it happened, maybe you can tell us what we did wrong ?

Ah, that's because that template doesn't use the Infobox template, which automagically sticks categories onto your page. If you don't use the Infobox, you'll need to manually add the category links to the end of your page for each category in which your character should appear. Typically, that's Category:Character, CategoryTonguelayer Character, a category for your citizenship, a category for your race, and a category for your clan. For example, if you were a Limsan Seeker of the Sun, and you didn't use the Infobox, you would need to add the text below to the bottom of your page to end up in the right categories:

Code:
[[Category:Character]]
[[Category:Player Character]]
[[Category:Limsa Lominsan]]
[[Category:Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun]]
[[Category:Miqo'te]]

The Infobox handles all those categories for you automagically based on your entries. For those interested in advanced wiki templating, you can see how that works by looking at Template:Citizenship-switch.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - ArmachiA - 05-05-2015

Thanks guys! I'm not doing anything overly complicated, I'm using Bancroft's template (With Ilwe'ran's relationship system since I liked his more complex one). Eventually I'd like to flip over to Ilwe'ran's template permanently (So pretty O.O) but I'm a Wikinoob so that's definitely later. Funnily enough. the new relationship symbols went in just fine, but the Gallery section doesn't snap back to the middle, it just hangs over to the right under the Relationship section... and I did nothing to it.

I'm still working on it though XD. Hopefully I'll have it up by the end of the week.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Ilwe'ran - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 01:02 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: Thanks guys! I'm not doing anything overly complicated, I'm using Bancroft's template (With Ilwe'ran's relationship system since I liked his more complex one). Eventually I'd like to flip over to Ilwe'ran's template permanently (So pretty O.O) but I'm a Wikinoob so that's definitely later. Funnily enough. the new relationship symbols went in just fine, but the Gallery section doesn't snap back to the middle, it just hangs over to the right under the Relationship section... and I did nothing to it.

I'm still working on it though XD. Hopefully I'll have it up by the end of the week.

If you like Hutarin's template, go on the relationships part of my wiki and click on Carina Lir. She has the same and the code is more clean as less informations and I placed a lot of comments in it to help her modify it herself (it appears in green on notepad++)

[Edit] I didn't find your wiki, can you link it so I can have a look and correct it ?

(05-05-2015, 12:41 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 10:43 AM)Ilweran Wrote: Ah while you're around, maybe you might be able to help me with this one Smile ?
I changed my template not long ago and we noticed that all the people using the said template (Carina Lir, P'azih Tia, D'lyhhia Lhuil, etc.) don't appear in the characters list. I don't manage to find where we messed up so it happened, maybe you can tell us what we did wrong ?

Ah, that's because that template doesn't use the Infobox template, which automagically sticks categories onto your page. If you don't use the Infobox, you'll need to manually add the category links to the end of your page for each category in which your character should appear. Typically, that's Category:Character, CategoryTonguelayer Character, a category for your citizenship, a category for your race, and a category for your clan. For example, if you were a Limsan Seeker of the Sun, and you didn't use the Infobox, you would need to add the text below to the bottom of your page to end up in the right categories:

Code:
[[Category:Character]]
[[Category:Player Character]]
[[Category:Limsa Lominsan]]
[[Category:Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun]]
[[Category:Miqo'te]]

The Infobox handles all those categories for you automagically based on your entries. For those interested in advanced wiki templating, you can see how that works by looking at Template:Citizenship-switch.

thank you i_i !

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Chris Ganale - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 11:52 AM)Ramuhnuh Wrote: I placed a lot of 'Under Renovation', 'Subject to Ongoing Change' and 'WORK IN PROGRESS' across Kurt, Nah and Ramen...that counts right? RIGHT?!

Valid to me. I'll see maybe about doing some more work to somebody tonight. That screenshot I put on Chao's page last night doesn't count.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Ha'uruh Nunh - 05-05-2015

I'm trying to de-lazy enough to do Wikis for my Roe and Lala alts. But laziness.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Mercer - 05-05-2015

Wait, we're supposed to make one of these?

Crap.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kage - 05-05-2015

I saw some people using a Balmung category and I've decided that I need to use it.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Star Lin - 05-06-2015

Finally got around to updating John's wiki for his "Dreaming" ability.  It's kind of rough right now but I hope to clear/clean it up this weekend.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 07-17-2015

*Quiet sobbing* I finally did it. I finally updated Berrod's Wiki. All I need to do now is update the picture when I get home and it'll be golden.

*wild loud wailing*