Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Two For the Post of One - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Two For the Post of One (/showthread.php?tid=9588)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Two For the Post of One - Kurt S. - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 11:57 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: GRINDSTONE! woo woo!

Oh and if you have questions about Ala Mhigan lore, lemme know! Or if you want Alicen to meet a fellow Ala Mhigan also lemme know. ^^
I'd like to know the contemporary lore at least. As for specific questions, I don't even know what ask v.v. And I don't think she'd say no to meeting another Ala Mhigan.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Berrod Armstrong - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 12:24 PM)Chicken Nugger Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 11:57 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: GRINDSTONE! woo woo!

Oh and if you have questions about Ala Mhigan lore, lemme know! Or if you want Alicen to meet a fellow Ala Mhigan also lemme know. ^^
I'd like to know the contemporary lore at least. As for specific questions, I don't even know what ask v.v. And I don't think she'd say no to meeting another Ala Mhigan.
Ditto on the Ala Mhigan meeting bit, Berrod is a proud one. 
For all the three years he actually spent in Gyr Abania :/

RE: Two For the Post of One - Sounsyy - 01-08-2015

[Image: Ala_Mhigo_FFXIV_Art_1.jpg]

The Kingdom of Ala Mhigo

Until its fall in the year 1557 of the Sixth Astral Era, the Kingdom of Ala Mhigo was the greatest military power in Eorzea. This Spartan-esque nation championed great military minds and was famed for the greatest Lancer legions the world had ever seen. For many years, their religion revolved around the god Rhalgr, the Destroyer. Lead by a faction of ascetic monks called The Order of the Fists of Rhalgr, Ala Mhigans believed that by honing their minds and bodies to their peak would bring them closer to the glory of their god.

The city-state, nestled in the cold, mountainous slopes of Gyr Abania was the first line of defense against the encroaching Garlean Empire to the north in Ilsabard. Knowing it unwise to face the Ala Mhigans on the battlefield, Legatus of the XIVth Legion, Gaius van Baelsar devised a plan to tear the powerful nation in two. So began the fall with King Theodric.

With the growing political power of the Order of the Fists of Rhalgr, King Theodric feared the people would do away with the monarchy entirely. Over time, Garlean agents fueled his paranoia of power-hungry monks and soon Theodric ordered his Kingsguard, the Corpse Brigade, to arrest several members of the Order on suspicion of treason. He tortured the monks until they admitted the Order was trying to overthrow the Mad King. Then, in 1552, Theodric did the unthinkable. He ordered his Lancer legions to surround the Temple of Rhalgr. They burned the Temple and the residences surrounding it and slaughtered every Monk within.

King Theodric branded the Order as traitors and proclaimed his rule was by divine right of Nymeia. The worship of Rhalgr was outlawed and those harboring the remnants of the Monkhood were tried and killed. For five years, the Garleans allowed Ala Mhigo to wallow in riots, resistance, and upheaval, until in 1557 the Garleans marched on the city-state and offered to save the Ala Mhigans from the madness of King Theodric. The Garleans were welcomed as saviors to the city by many, and those who did resist were slaughtered. Before the Ala Mhigans realized their mistake, it was too late and Ala Mhigo had fallen in but a single night.

Refugees fled to nearby Gridania where they rallied under the banner of the Ala Mhigan Resistance. They stormed the city in an attempt to liberate it, but were soundly defeated. Feeling unwelcome by the Gridanians upon their return, they left the Wood south, heading for Ul'dah, the land of riches, opportunity, and mercenaries.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Atoli - 01-08-2015

Ooo, if I catch you while you're online Keil I'll be sure to hit you up! Should prove both fruitful and interesting! :D

RE: Two For the Post of One - Kurt S. - 01-12-2015

Interesting if one is a female it's more likely to be approached for an RP...damn I must sound very new don't I? In any case Kurt's 50...-chucks away Kurt's free fantasia (no)-

RE: Two For the Post of One - Kurt S. - 01-12-2015

On a side note, since I'm stupidly shy as hell and conscious. If I can find some sort of brawler trainer of Alicen to give her a few sparring sessions (read as: flooring her ass and generally beating the living shit out of her) so I can get my feet wet at combat RP that'd be nice.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Sounsyy - 01-13-2015

Sounsyy (as a few people on here will attest to) is usually down for sparring. If I'm on or see me run past send me a tell or just walk up! ^^ If I'm on Balmung, I'm there for RP.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Kurt S. - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 12:21 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: Sounsyy (as a few people on here will attest to) is usually down for sparring. If I'm on or see me run past send me a tell or just walk up! ^^ If I'm on Balmung, I'm there for RP.
I'll be sure to keep that mind or at least on player search. Oh yeah, with regards to the fantasia potion, how valid is that in the existing lore? Might try to pull a "-character-'s got spiked that one time." If I get tired of looking at their faces.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Warren Castille - 01-13-2015

Fantasias have led to some very lengthy discussions here before. The short of it is that they exist, maybe, and have varying degrees of accessibility. For the most part, people will roll with it if you race-change, just be prepared for some head scratching.

(01-13-2015, 08:56 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Fantasias have led to some very lengthy discussions here before. The short of it is that they exist, maybe, and have varying degrees of accessibility. For the most part, people will roll with it if you race-change, just be prepared for some head scratching.
Well not so much as race changing as possible genderbending...or even both. I just felt like I needed to ask the validity of it all I guess. Not like I'll be fantasiaing anyone I have yet.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Warren Castille - 01-13-2015

Plenty valid. It's come up in my own story, though not to Warren specifically. Gah, can't imagine Warren as a girl.

So it's certainly an option. Makes for good writing, too, when someone used to having certain equipment suddenly, erm, no longer has that equipment.

Thank god Relic gear is unisex. Would suck if someone spiked Kurt's drink, I could easily imagine him as a girl and all that panic that will come with it. Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

RE: Two For the Post of One - Warren Castille - 01-14-2015

I admit your new avatar made me think you already pulled the trigger on the girlgun.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Kurt S. - 01-14-2015

Not yet, Kurt's still got stay a man for his lady friend XD.

That's just Alicen though, been focusing on her more this time since I'm procrastinating instead of taking up carpentry and decorating Kurt's room in the YTC HQ. Though I did make Alicen based on what I had in mind if Kurt had his drink spiked.

Edit: Kurtte not Kurt.

RE: Two For the Post of One - Steel Wolf - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 08:50 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I admit your new avatar made me think you already pulled the trigger on the girlgun.

...honestly, he needs to change his forum title to "Man-Prettiest Warrior"