Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Rich people where we at - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Rich people where we at (/showthread.php?tid=8561)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Rich people where we at - Kage - 10-08-2014

Kage spent a lot of his (dis)inheritance on the house (and the bribes for it).

He's found a way to make the money back and more (plus those stupid mortgages because of the cannons) but he's never flaunted that he has never been for want. He is definitely above average in terms of the gil he has to his name but he's definitely not the head of a merchant clan or artisan clan nor is he in any way affiliated with the social echelons of Ul'dah.

Think, not 1% but definitely not the main middle class or lower. High upper class.

RE: Rich people where we at - C'kayah Polaali - 10-08-2014

C'kayah's managed to smuggle his way into wealth. Over the year or so that I've been RPing him, he's grown from modest means to being well-off (enough to maintain a handful of houses - all rentals - in various locations to further his criminal goals). Lately, though, thanks to everyone's favorite Sultansworn bribing him with a Thanalan trading charter, he's managed to work his way to being wealthy. His next stop is, of course, obscene wealth.

RE: Rich people where we at - Aya - 10-08-2014

~*sits in the corner, calming watching this thread*~

RE: Rich people where we at - Titor - 10-08-2014

Titor is hella loaded and hella generous with his money, enough to be able to afford allagan technology, hire two guards/servents for his house, amongst other things. His adoptive family are very, very, very successful merchants, and him being a doctor is pretty good pay as well, so double the gil.

I can also back his wealth oocly, so woot (vending is the main reason I am playing the game outside of RP)

RE: Rich people where we at - OttoVann - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 12:47 PM)Titor Wrote: Titor is hella loaded and hella generous with his money, enough to be able to afford allagan technology, hire two guards/servents for his house, amongst other things. His adoptive family are very, very, very successful merchants, and him being a doctor is pretty good pay as well, so double the gil.

I can also back his wealth oocly, so woot (vending is the main reason I am playing the game outside of RP)

Yeah m8 I give a ton of gil away every week since I usually earn so much. Ridley gets at least 400k a month from me but usually gets over 800k. Others that work for me get like 300-400k a month depending.

Also the tournies and stuff I support and now run.

Otto is super generous IC (and OOC) with gil and just items in general.

We should like...get together now m8.

RE: Rich people where we at - Jana - 10-08-2014

Jana's actually made several million gil over her adventuring career, some from job payments but almost entirely by selling off loot (Allagan artifacts and Garlean magitek go for a lot, to the right buyer). But money is just a means to an end for her, so the money's often gone within minutes and she lives a fairly destitute lifestyle, preferring to invest in a new weapon or crafting materials instead of in businesses or anything. A lot of her unspent money also goes back to her (NPC) sister in Gridania, which is my explanation for my retainer (whom I modeled as Jana's sister) holding so much money while Jana's living on flatbread and flat ale.

RE: Rich people where we at - Erik Mynhier - 10-08-2014

Erik's family were upper crust in Ala Mhigo, but he and his mother were second class citizens as refugees in Gridania. After he came to Ul'dah and the Flames, steady pay as a soldier and a teenager was nice, but still the immigrant thing sort of held him, but good investments and not being the standard wild highlander sterotype help him out. After he had been here and made something of himself (early 20s) he bought a townhouse on Onyx and that was his pretend home until FC housing became a thing. Presently he is an upper middle class person, as would anyone be in a middle management position in government employment. Which is good as he has 5 to 7 mouths to feed at any given time; himself, Lenna, Fen the dog, Fury the Chocobo, Clio when she crashes, Tellah his live in assistant/sort of grandpa, and Siha when she is hungry.

(10-08-2014, 02:52 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Erik's family were upper crust in Ala Mhigo, but he and his mother were second class citizens as refugees in Gridania. After he came to Ul'dah and the Flames, steady pay as a soldier and a teenager was nice, but still the immigrant thing sort of held him, but good investments and not being the standard wild highlander sterotype help him out. After he had been here and made something of himself (early 20s) he bought a townhouse on Onyx and that was his pretend home until FC housing became a thing. Presently he is an upper middle class person, as would anyone be in a middle management position in government employment. Which is good as he has 5 to 7 mouths to feed at any given time.

Damn m8 I stay busy but I dont have kids. Why you got so many kids?

RE: Rich people where we at - Faye - 10-08-2014

Faye is quite wealthy IC. OOC and IRL, I'm broke. ORZ

RE: Rich people where we at - Kage - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 02:55 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Damn m8 I stay busy but I dont have kids.  Why you got so many kids?
I know of one or two? but I think he was talking about the Red Wings.

I could be wrong.

RE: Rich people where we at - Aldotsk - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 02:55 PM)OttoVann Wrote:
(10-08-2014, 02:52 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Erik's family were upper crust in Ala Mhigo, but he and his mother were second class citizens as refugees in Gridania. After he came to Ul'dah and the Flames, steady pay as a soldier and a teenager was nice, but still the immigrant thing sort of held him, but good investments and not being the standard wild highlander sterotype help him out. After he had been here and made something of himself (early 20s) he bought a townhouse on Onyx and that was his pretend home until FC housing became a thing. Presently he is an upper middle class person, as would anyone be in a middle management position in government employment. Which is good as he has 5 to 7 mouths to feed at any given time.

Damn m8 I stay busy but I dont have kids.  Why you got so many kids?

free insurance for kids. Siha and Lenna need em.

RE: Rich people where we at - Roswyn - 10-08-2014

Roswyn was born poorer than dirt then was put in a position where she was independently wealthy and she's "investing" it in nefarious means.

She doesn't act like she has money to burn ((doing so would be counter productive to her goals)) and graciously accepts any payment she gets from working with her company etc. Though, anyone who has watched her closely would notice she oddly spends more than she seems to take in.

RE: Rich people where we at - Berrod Armstrong - 10-08-2014

So many rich folks...

/lipstick

RE: Rich people where we at - Erik Mynhier - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 02:55 PM)OttoVann Wrote:

Damn m8 I stay busy but I dont have kids. Why you got so many kids?

Added a list lol, only one kid lives with him.
"himself, Lenna, Fen the dog, Fury the Chocobo, Clio when she crashes, Tellah his live in assistant/sort of grandpa, and Siha when she is hungry

(10-08-2014, 03:06 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: So many rich folks...

/lipstick

So hot