Hydaelyn Role-Players
Elezen Connections and/or LS - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Elezen Connections and/or LS (/showthread.php?tid=8108)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Olofantur - 08-29-2014

I'll throw my hat in as well and clear a linkshell spot for it. Midnight Sanctuary was unfortunately very quiet while I was [briefly] there so I ended up dropping it for a now seldom used FATE LS.

Its certainly fun to speculate on why the canonical racial tensions don't show up among the adventurer population. Since Quars curiosity tends to over ride his aversion to talking to "The Greens" I've taken to using it as a discussion point ICly, asking people if they've found the tensions not as prevalent as a result of them simply having more important things to worry about, or if it was a difference in their upbringing that also perhaps lead to them being an adventurer, or simply acclimation over time [be it through fighting along side them or what have you.]

Anyroad, looking forward to hearing how things go!

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - DreamedReality - 08-29-2014

I've RPed a bit of the racial tension. It's part of the reason I asked if the shell was intended to be an OOC thing or an IC thing. Jaques is far far less likely to trust a Green than any other race. Especially a Green from the Twelveswood. And the reason I haven't RPed the tension more is because I haven't really met any other Wildwood PCs. Just some NPC stuff. Especially recently.

... And yes. I realize he's now engaged to a Wildwood... He was a downright -ass- to Vaughn when they first met.

As a side note, I'd love to see the ol' Duskwight LS have a bit of life brought back into it.

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Verad - 08-29-2014

I am interested but Verad is very bad at being a Duskwight so he may lower the LS's property values.

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Antain - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 05:33 PM)Verad Wrote: I am interested but Verad is very bad at being a Duskwight so he may lower the LS's property values.

And Vaughn is very bad at being a Wildwood. I wouldn't worry about it too much Angel

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Rosekitten - 08-29-2014

Wait we're suppose to act like people expect us to act? .__.; Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong all this time.

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Ciel - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 01:27 PM)Jaques Wrote: I've RPed a bit of the racial tension. It's part of the reason I asked if the shell was intended to be an OOC thing or an IC thing. Jaques is far far less likely to trust a Green than any other race. Especially a Green from the Twelveswood. And the reason I haven't RPed the tension more is because I haven't really met any other Wildwood PCs. Just some NPC stuff. Especially recently.

... And yes. I realize he's now engaged to a Wildwood... He was a downright -ass- to Vaughn when they first met.

As a side note, I'd love to see the ol' Duskwight LS have a bit of life brought back into it.

Jacques, sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I just got in from work.  I haven't exactly decided yet, but chances are the LS will be primarily OOC and exist as its own little microcosm of extraordinarily tall people.  ...And possibly to help drive a little bit of RP amongst more Elezen.  I know it's something I constantly find myself wanting more of, and it's not always easy.

As far as the Wildwood/Duskwight dynamic, I can't really say much.  Ciel is romantically involved with a Duskwight and was engaged to another previously.  Where adventurers are concerned, I think the tension is lacking due in part to people having bigger things to worry about, ICly, but it can be refreshing to see it played well.

I'm also very pleased to see so much support for this idea.  Thanks everyone!  I'll try to get something started this weekend.

Also, if we're gonna do this, we need a name.  Suggestions?

(08-29-2014, 06:39 PM)Ciel Wrote: Also, if we're gonna do this, we need a name.  Suggestions?

Well you could go the poetic route and do "High Above" and evoke that Elezen awesomeness

A simple "Elezen Retreat" might be better for helping people understand at a glance or in their list after they've returned from a break..

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Eva - 08-29-2014

I actually really like "High Above"

Please nothing too cheesy. There's been so much cheese lately and I've lost my fondness for the flavor. Dodgy

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Antain - 08-29-2014

I like Elezen Retreat, and I really like the imagery akin to the Roegadyn LS "Broken Chairs". Something fun and witty. There are a few things that come to mind:

These suggestions may or may not be serious...

Knife Ears
Black and White
Flowered Beds (har har)
Tension Rising
Aloof Bastards

All that said, Elezen Retreat sounds fine Tongue

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Aysun - 08-29-2014

*cough* can i hang out with you guys the other miqo'te scare me ;;

(The above post is mostly a joke.)

(08-29-2014, 10:07 PM)Aysun Wrote: *cough* can i hang out with you guys the other miqo'te scare me ;;

(The above post is mostly a joke.)

*points to the door* come back when you have a sugar loaf hat on so you at least look like you have the right kind of ears.

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Aysun - 08-29-2014

[Image: 3NrZRT4.png]

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - TheLastCandle - 08-30-2014

(08-29-2014, 11:51 PM)Aysun Wrote: [Image: 3NrZRT4.png]

I, for one, am convinced.

Welcome to the fold!

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Olofantur - 08-30-2014

(08-29-2014, 11:51 PM)Aysun Wrote: <snip>
*suspicious eyes*
that'll do..

RE: Elezen Connections and/or LS - Rosekitten - 08-30-2014

So should the LS be called the 'sugar loaf hat club' ? 

mostly kidding, was more amused then I probably should have been by the above exchange. <3