Hydaelyn Role-Players
Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Rules for Event 2 in first post) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Rules for Event 2 in first post) (/showthread.php?tid=7548)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Vali - 07-03-2014

hopefully this one doesn't end with another trial, or with Askier getting shot

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Coatleque - 07-03-2014

Might have been confused by the first post. Is the first event on the 12th, the next one on the 19th, and so forth?

I signed up, but as previously stated will be out from July 11-15.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Jancis - 07-03-2014

Woot!

I will be missing the first event on the 12th Saturday and some of the following week.

Jancis is more of a filler character typically so she's there to support the true defenders. Healing, carrying stuff, etc. She always has her friends' backs.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Kage - 07-03-2014

Should be yup. If Crofte can't get in on the first day, I'm sure there's going to be a way for her to be pulled in after the 15th. There's RP constantly throughout the weeks in between the "main and big" events.

Kage got pulled in right before the finale last time. *nodnod* And if things cool down for him, he can either be pulled in right before it or still in the middle.

Crofte'll just miss out a little of the beginning.

As per my post... I'm still in limbo about Kage's availability. Depends on the RP that shall happen... soon....

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Coatleque - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 10:58 AM)ExKage Wrote: I'm still in limbo about Kage's availability. Depends on the RP that shall happen... soon....

Well yeah, that could be said about anyone. I signed up... whether she is coherent at the time is yet to be seen.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Melkire - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 11:07 AM)Coatleque Wrote:
(07-03-2014, 10:58 AM)ExKage Wrote: I'm still in limbo about Kage's availability. Depends on the RP that shall happen... soon....

Well yeah, that could be said about anyone. I signed up... whether she is coherent at the time is yet to be seen.

"S-s-ser Castille, I'm c-c-cold and you're f-f-f-freezing. We need to w-w-warm up...."

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Oscare - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 05:10 AM)Valirelia Ferox Wrote: hopefully this one doesn't end with another trial, or with Askier getting shot
With me around, someone getting shot is inevitable. Sorry. >_>
<_<
I swear I'm innocent.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Warren Castille - 07-03-2014

wait what

Get these boats out of here! Ul'dah's not even a port town.

On-topic: I have no idea what Warren's availability is going to look like on those dates. I'll look into it but am slow to officially sign up.

(07-03-2014, 11:15 AM)Melkire Wrote: "S-s-ser Castille, I'm c-c-cold and you're f-f-f-freezing. We need to w-w-warm up...."

Wow.. okay. Different kind of incoherence...

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-03-2014

I signed up for a side... but it really depends on what happens during the next week! A lot of things could happen, and Nat is open to a lot of influences. So it's possible I could be on either side or out of the game. We'll see o/.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Whittledown - 07-03-2014

I'll throw Hornet's hat into the ring here and be beaten severely for stealing her hat and getting it dirty.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Kage - 07-03-2014

I'm tentatively signing Kage up for a certain side.

But who knows.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Melkire - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 11:22 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: wait what

Get these boats out of here! Ul'dah's not even a port town.

(07-03-2014, 11:28 AM)Coatleque Wrote: Wow.. okay.  Different kind of incoherence...

What, you've never hightailed it back to base camp to go sit in front of the fireplace under some blankets with a cup of hot cocoa in your hands?

Wtf is wrong with you. Go do that. Live a little. Tongue

On-topic:

Combat rules for being outnumbered (1v2, 1v3, 2v3, etc.) need to be clarified, reworded, or revamped/overhauled. I know Nat, Itar, and I ran into some issues with this during the last event (the confusion is included in the North Thanalan log).

Combat rules for healers and healing also need to be clarified. How do the healers count turns? Their own turns, or their ally's? Are they counting each ally's turn? So is their party going to get a wave of +1s all at once? One wave per healer? Are they counting rounds, as in the whole party has to have taken a turn per member? What if certain one-on-ones in a large fight are going faster than others? Are healers limited by how slow their slowest fighters are rolling/emoting?

People to talk to about these things: Nat, Itar, Siha, Daphine, Unnamed Mercenary, etc.

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Askier - 07-03-2014

Osric, Oscare, thank you for feedback.  Big Grin  The more the better.  Here is my revamp idea for healing:

We go with a set number of heals per healer per major event.Those whom rp as a conjuror/scholar during the event can heal a maximum of 2  or 3 wounds total, their own or an ally.  Once they have spent their heals, they cannot cast heals anymore that night during combat.  My thoughts on this new system is that it prevents over healing and keeps the fights from dragging out to long. Thoughts?

As for the multiple 1v2, 1v3, etc system, working on an overhaul on that still since that is more complicated.
 One idea is that combatants form parties and conduct their fights in party chat.  This prevents the chat log from being filled to the brim with attacks save for the ones relevant to you character.  As for positional arrangement, still working on it.

Esh….. I forgot how much work setting up an event like this was, help  is always appreciated with rules, or anything that makes my life easier honestly. lol

RE: Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Sign up for is here))(Under Construction)) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-03-2014

Signed Unnamed Mercenary up for a side (as Franz Renatus). Quite a bit has happened since he was just a hired hand in the last event. Also open to side switching, as his morals could be....swayed depending on who he interacts with. (Set up wanted. Please help me)

As Melkire stated, the battle rules can be a little complicated. Clarification in the post (and probably right before any battle) would be handy. Although I think we did ok the last time? The healing was a little funky, but I think that's because we'd need to agree on what kind of injuries, deaths (if someone is going that route) or other situations need to happen vs could happen. Ex: Merc knocked Kage out, but couldn't exactly go around killing people or getting killed.