Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Recreated Post] Aeon [EU+NA] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Recreated Post] Aeon [EU+NA] (/showthread.php?tid=6868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Frozte - 07-04-2014

This looks like an awesome RP group... only problem is, i am already member of a FC... kinda hoped to find some RP linkshells in here, but is there any way to RP with you guys without joining the FC?

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Tiergan - 07-06-2014

You're absolutely welcome to RP with any of our members. The vast majority of them welcome random RP. We're also strongly considering concocting some future cross-FC RP shenanigans. (::STEEPLES FINGERS:Smile

As for anything involving the FC storyline itself however, that is only for our FC members at this time.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - LiveVoltage - 07-17-2014

This is just out of curiosity, but is the no Miqo'te and no North American application acceptance policy's still up?

I mean, I can understand the no Miqo'te player thing because it's to enable diversity to the RP but why limit North American player's? I mean, I don't see the reason why more cant join regardless of the NA/UK ratio because alot of us in America, including me, have day jobs or college. I tend to get out at 2:50 pm every day and start playing at 3:00pm (US & Canada central time) and alot of UK players are on during then since it like evening or late evening over in Europe. So despite how the policy might being leaning towards stabilization for the players, its baring us NA players from being able to join, despite us getting on during EU/UK prime time.

I'm not trying to be rude towards you're policy's, I just wanted to point a little something out.   ^_^

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Eliane Dufresne - 07-17-2014

Both policies are indeed still in effect.

The reason behind the NA restriction is because we desire to keep our FC small. Regardless of how many NA and EU applications we get (we only take a set amount of applications with each round of recruitment, again to limit size), we always close recruitment once a month in order to give our new members time to acclimatize to the guild and get to know one another. Nobody likes feeling lost, or like an extra in a movie; taking this approach to recruitment allows us to prevent cliques and give our new members the extra attention they might need. We are very, very adamant about providing a fun and quality experience to all our members, and that takes time.

The rarity of EU players is why EU recruitment tends to remain open even after our recruitment periods close. It can get lonely being an EU player in a mostly NA guild, and we want to ensure our EU community always has someone to play with. For every 10 NA apps we receive, we may only get 1 EU applicant, and that's why we're more willing to make exceptions for European players. If we didn't, NA applications would take up all of our open slots when we opened recruitment again, and then EU players would never get in.

I hope this makes some sense to you. As previously stated, these policies are not in effect in order to discriminate against players, and we're certainly sorry if they've prevented anyone who really wanted to from applying. We simply wish to retain a small, inclusive, diverse guild, and sometimes that unfortunately means keeping the door closed for a while.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - LiveVoltage - 07-17-2014

Its ok. i was just curios as to what the reason was!   ^_^

How many slots do you have though? For future reference and stuff.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Eliane Dufresne - 07-17-2014

We currently have 5 slots per recruitment round.

I should also mention that if you're an NA player who typically plays at EU times, then you're welcome to apply for the EU slots. Again, we just want to make sure that our EU members have someone to play with during their peak hours. Smile

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Bryn - 08-10-2014

Recruitment has been opened for all applicants for as long as it takes us to fill our recruitment spots (5) for this round.

Applications from all are welcome!

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - LiveVoltage - 08-10-2014

(08-10-2014, 05:54 PM)Bryn Wrote: Recruitment has been opened for all applicants for as long as it takes us to fill our recruitment spots (5) for this round.

So does that mean you're accepting Miqo'te characters?

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Bryn - 08-10-2014

(08-10-2014, 07:00 PM)LiveVoltage Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 05:54 PM)Bryn Wrote: Recruitment has been opened for all applicants for as long as it takes us to fill our recruitment spots (5) for this round.

It does indeed! Smile

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - LiveVoltage - 08-10-2014

(08-10-2014, 07:40 PM)Bryn Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 07:00 PM)LiveVoltage Wrote:

It does indeed! Smile
In that case, I went ahead and submitted a thing.   @_@

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Adventurer - 09-03-2014

We're still seeking wonderful people to join us for IC and OOC fun!

If you're after a lovely, friendly group and RP based around a pretty gripping story, look no further and drop us an application!

Recruitment is open to ALL character types so don't be shy! Smile

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Ausboh - 09-03-2014

Join us, we have a Zuri..

Intrigued yeah?

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Adventurer - 09-05-2014

A big welcome to our newest members Gylda and Gerris!

Welcome to the group and we're all looking forward to the IC and OOC shenanigans that await! Smile

Our doors are still open with several things coming on the horizon, namely two upcoming story events!

Will the 'Dog Days' be over on Sunday the 7th?            Probably not...
What exactly does 'The Enemy' hold for us on the 11th!?          (I actually have no idea!)

If you're at all interested, applications are still open! Pop on over to our website and give us a look. We don't bite!

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Valke - 09-16-2014

Recruitment is still open, for NA and EU people alike!

Come try us out! We don't bite. <3

Except maybe some of the roes.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - aure - 09-20-2014

Submitted an application.

/crosses fingers