Hydaelyn Role-Players
Height conversions. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Height conversions. (/showthread.php?tid=539)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Height conversions. - Nyila - 09-18-2010

I dunno, the average human female height is between generally 160 and 170 cm (roughly 5'3" to 5'6"), so assuming the average for female Hyur to be 5'6" seems... a little tall to me. At least that's that's not what I think of when I think average. But to me, heights for this are relative. Few people in the real world look at someone and go "Oh wow you're 6'4!" It's usually "Oh hey you're tall." But it's a game, maybe they want their females taller than average.

Lining those images up it seems the shortest male Hyur is the same as the tallest female; the shortest male elezen is taller than the tallest male hyur; miqo'te are just shorter than hyur females (e.g. tallest miqo'te is about the same as the tall hyur). I did this quickly based off the images posted and my alignment is probably a little off and this isn't empirical by any means, just trying to create a reference.

Re: Height conversions. - Veedo - 09-18-2010

I have Vale at the Short (5'7") bracket, and my friend has their female Hyur at tallest which just-about stands taller than him (probably the hair, though) so I'd say Female Hyur at tallest is 5'7" give or take.

Re: Height conversions. - Verence - 09-18-2010

Borrowed my wife's beta account and machine to make several sample height characters and take in-game screenshots (which I can post upon request) but I can confirm that Average Midlander Hyur Female is 5'6". Or, at least with repeated measurements, I averaged 5' 5 & 1/2", always erring towards 5'6". Short is 5'3", so for Midlander Hyur, the 3" rule seems to be in effect regardless of gender. Thus:

Midlander Hyur Female:
Tallest: 6'
Tall: 5'9"
Average: 5'6"
Short: 5'3"
Shortest: 5'

The danger in comparing between and not within images is that the point of reference and scale may have shifted; an image is only guaranteed accurately relative to itself.

Re: Height conversions. - Verence - 09-18-2010

5'2" confirmed for Average Miqo'te, independent of tribe. Height difference seems to be 2", so:

Miqo'te:
Tallest: 5'6"
Tall: 5'4"
Average: 5'2"
Short: 5'
Shortest: 4'10"

Confirmed by comparing Tallest Miqo'te to Average Hume F, heights match when hair volume is taken into account (as it was in all prior measurements), though not exactly - either there's an inch margin of error or Miqo'te proportions are simply a bit different. It's probably the aforementioned Hyur F half-inch throwing things off.

Re: Height conversions. - Xzenivar - 09-18-2010

I think miqo'to slouch a little too.

Re: Height conversions. - Chveya - 09-18-2010

Xzenivar Wrote:I think miqo'to slouch a little too.

They do. Or rather, it's not exactly slouching, as it is jutting the hips forward, shoulders back, and the head pushes forward. They'd make a chiropractor cry.

Re: Height conversions. - Aysun - 09-19-2010

Chveya Wrote:

They do. Or rather, it's not exactly slouching, as it is jutting the hips forward, shoulders back, and the head pushes forward. They'd make a chiropractor cry.

This amused me greatly. They do have a bit of a weird stance don't they?

Blame the tail.

Re: Height conversions. - Chveya - 09-20-2010

Aysun Wrote:
Chveya Wrote:

This amused me greatly. They do have a bit of a weird stance don't they?

Blame the tail.

Yanno, I'd sort of discounted the tail. But I guess if you had a tail that long adding extra weight behind you, you'd shift your center of gravity forward, wouldn't you?

Very insightful of you!

Re: Height conversions. - Xzenivar - 09-20-2010

I read yesterday that someone on Core went to make an Elezen lancer and set them to tallest. They got noticed a message saying that they would have longer reach, but slower attack speed. *shrugs* I have no idea how valid this is, but thought I'd mention it.