Hydaelyn Role-Players
Conspiracy of Nurses: The Ride (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Conspiracy of Nurses: The Ride (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=449)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Conspiracy of Nurses: The Ride (Closed) - Vareal - 08-25-2010

Nedral nodded. "She did." She placed a hand on Shamad's shoulder and smiled warmly. "It'll be okay for now. It will be a few days before this Shari group realizes you've slipped through their fingers. That gives us enough time to plan our next move." Nedral stood and moved to the other seat next to the doctor. She removed the vial of devils weed poison, uncorking it, then poured the rest of it down the doctors throat and left the vial on the seat next to him.

"Now, do you know anything about this weapon he mentioned? Why does he think you know how it works?" She asked.

Re: Conspiracy of Nurses: The Ride (Closed) - Shamadconde - 08-25-2010

Shamad looked at her with trepidation. "Because I do. 6 months ago I had an accident while traveling home with my unit. I entered the Aetheryte green eyed and brown haired. I saw a vision of the destruction of an island and how it happened. I left the Aetheryte looking like I do now. That weapon is or was alive. To create it requires people to die. A lot of people. I don't want it to come back."

Nedral froze for a long moment, thinking hard, trying to remember something fleeting and loosing it. She shook her head slightly. "Do you know where it is?"

"It destroyed itself to kill its enemy. The explosion is what threw me into that Aetheryte. I really hope it can't come back. No one should have that much power."

Nedral nodded then picked up the dying Lalafell, opened the door to the carriage and threw him out side, along with the empty vial. "We should get to Ul'dah as soon as we're able." She motioned to Luther who went back out side and sat in the driver's seat, and coaxed the two chocobo's to start moving again.

"They probably do not know that it's been destroyed if they're after you. You think they'll stop if they know?" She asked, sitting across from him.

Shamad took a deep breath and sighed. "I don't know. I doubt it though. I do know how to make the damn thing and it is incredibly powerful." He rubbed his forearms. "And painful." He cleared his throat. "Enough about me. Tell me about you guys. You've done so much for me and I don't know anything beyond your names. Plus you kick ass."

Nedral sat in thought for a long moment, seeming lost a few times, her lips moving a bit as if she were speaking very, very low. When she came to she studied Shamad for a moment. He appeared to be much more worse for wear than he did this morning. Stress has that effect, she mused to herself. "So what now? I know you must be anxious to go after this Shari group, but you're still not in any condition to fight."

Shamad glanced at Nedral. "I've been worse. I think all I need is crutches. As for going after the Shari...... I'll wait in Ul'dah until I can walk without assistance. Nice dodge by the way."

Nedral's ears twitched slightly and she tilted her head slightly, brows furrowing. "Dodge?" Then she realized she spaced his question. "Oh, no, I wasn't dodging it. Sorry." She ran a hand through her hair and stretched her arms out a bit. "Well, there's not much to tell, really. I met Luther roughly two years ago in Limsa Lominsa; he was in with a pretty nasty pirate who had Luther held captive. I come from Gridania, I spent some years in Ishard as well. Luther and I travel around, well he follows me mostly figuring he's in debt to me for saving him, but we have no clear goal or direction. Well, at least until now anyway."

Shamad held out his hand. "Good to meet you. How long do you think it will take to get to Ul'dah?"

Nedral smiled and took his hand, shaking it slightly. "And you. It shouldn't take more than a day, day and a half maybe, by carriage. And that's assuming we have water and food for the chocobo's. I didn't check when we got on."

Nedral had Luther stop the carriage. They found more than enough food and water for everyone. They traveled to Ul'dah without incident.