Hydaelyn Role-Players
File Planet Beta Keys - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: File Planet Beta Keys (/showthread.php?tid=383)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Asyria - 08-13-2010

I need SE to help me with my password. >.>
Then I can get in... >.>

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Kashemia - 08-13-2010

I seriously hate that they make you download it through torrents <.< It's so freaking slow for me right now!

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Renaise - 08-13-2010

Kashemia Wrote:I seriously hate that they make you download it through torrents <.< It's so freaking slow for me right now!

How did you even get it? Sad

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Tadir - 08-13-2010

This isn't guarenteed to work, but it might be worth a shot to speed up the downloads for those to try in the future.

Quote:To speed up download here some tips I got from others here in different threads:

If you don't have Windows 7, you need to enable UPNP in the config options.
If possible, bypass your router and direct connect into the PC downloading. If you can't do that you have to open ports on your router.

"Open 55296 to 55551 on TCP and UDP

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Al'Tanji Truemoon - 08-13-2010

Ah, Tadir, if you don't mind me asking when did you get your key from FP? Anyone who got one yesterday, really. I'm on the West Coast, so my time might be a little off when looking. Don't wanna miss out because I check my time when I should be on Central or EST.

I got mine at 4:30ish PM EST yesterday.

Ah, much appreciated my friend. I'll be sure to look keep a close eye on the site right now, then. 4:30 EST is 1:30 here, I'm about as far on the West Coast as I can get.

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Kashemia - 08-13-2010

Tadir Wrote:This isn't guarenteed to work, but it might be worth a shot to speed up the downloads for those to try in the future.

Thanks for the tips.
I do however run Windows 7, and it's still slow <.< And about the ports, well, since I'm on my landlord's wireless, I can't really do anything to open them. So guess I'll just have to be patient <.<
90% now, so I should be done in what, 6 hours?

Well I hope to see both of you on this weekend.

On a side note, I did notice that anytime I did something on a website on another computer on my network my time would jump from 1:20:XX to 12:50:XX, then drop back down about 20 seconds later.

I would believe that using the proxy interwebs you mentioned, Kashemia, it would take longer but be more stable so long as your landlord didn't rage out at not getting his OWN FFXIV beta key. >_>;; Destroy all his internets and whatnot because he missed the Beta train. Anything is possible on the 13th Friday! (Stated incorrectly! Oh, the fun.)

Khaerva Wrote:Anything is possible on the 13th Friday! (Stated incorrectly! Oh, the fun.)

I'm not sure if you are saying you are stating it incorrectly or we were. I know for a fact, however, that there have been more than thirteen Fridays.

*Adjusts sunglasses*

Hm, you seem well informed about Fridays. Perhaps TOO well informed!
In any case, for all those wondering about beta keys today. No go.
Before 4 PM EST all the keys, presumably all 10 of them (Taste the bitterness), were distributed.
People refreshed, backed the page up and continued every minute. At 3:50 EST (12:50 PST) it was open.
At apparently 3:50:45 (Yes, someone took the seconds.) all keys were gone and everyone who blinked, took in a deep breath, had to go to the bathroom, answered their phone or even typed in the wrong letter got screwed.
Tomorrow will be worse, as there will be even more people off of work. Hooray.

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Shamadconde - 08-13-2010

I'm giving up on it.

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Averis - 08-14-2010

Any idea if they will be giving more out over the weekend? 4 has passed and no keys.

Re: File Planet Beta Keys - Kima wolf - 08-14-2010

They are giving them out till the 16th they said. I'd say check their twitter, they announce when they are preparing to give them out.