Hydaelyn Role-Players
Salutations - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Salutations (/showthread.php?tid=2070)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Salutations - Eva - 06-04-2013

I think it's pretty accurate to say most from XI "rebooted" or started anew. Or have characters in their backstory inspired by or built upon concepts of characters from XI. I know the character Cartius from Kylin's story was a similar character in XI but has been adjusted to fit into the lore in XIV. Eva as a character is the grown-up daughter of Dyterium from XI, though instead of being a Temple Knight of San d'Oria, he's been adjusted a bit to where he was one of the dragoons of Ishgard (he actually died IC last April in his late-50's). She is quite a different person though. Isilme did something similar, but characters' ages were adjusted a little bit so that it would make sense that she was younger. Others have totally left behind their XI characters and started something entirely fresh and new.

But if it answers your question, the lore from XI and XIV is different enough that I don't know of anyone who has attempted to RP an actual character from XI in XIV - and I'm not sure how well something like that might be received anyway, since... different universe and no acknowledgement of any tie whatsoever with Vana'diel and all.

I hope that this helps answer your question though. Different people are doing different things~

RE: Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-05-2013

(06-04-2013, 04:47 PM)Eva Wrote: I think it's pretty accurate to say most from XI "rebooted" or started anew.  Or have characters in their backstory inspired by or built upon concepts of characters from XI.  I know the character Cartius from Kylin's story was a similar character in XI but has been adjusted to fit into the lore in XIV.  Eva as a character is the grown-up daughter of Dyterium from XI, though instead of being a Temple Knight of San d'Oria, he's been adjusted a bit to where he was one of the dragoons of Ishgard (he actually died IC last April in his late-50's).  She is quite a different person though.  Isilme did something similar, but characters' ages were adjusted a little bit so that it would make sense that she was younger.  Others have totally left behind their XI characters and started something entirely fresh and new.

But if it answers your question, the lore from XI and XIV is different enough that I don't know of anyone who has attempted to RP an actual character from XI in XIV - and I'm not sure how well something like that might be received anyway, since... different universe and no acknowledgement of any tie whatsoever with Vana'diel and all.

I hope that this helps answer your question though.  Different people are doing different things~

I figured as much. I had trouble understanding 1.0's lore, since it seemed harder to understand than 11. But I am planning to get used to ARR's lore Smile. 

I guess y'all will be joining the same server? If yes, I am definitely down for it!

RE: Salutations - Aldotsk - 06-05-2013

(06-04-2013, 04:47 PM)Eva Wrote: I think it's pretty accurate to say most from XI "rebooted" or started anew.  Or have characters in their backstory inspired by or built upon concepts of characters from XI.  I know the character Cartius from Kylin's story was a similar character in XI but has been adjusted to fit into the lore in XIV.  Eva as a character is the grown-up daughter of Dyterium from XI, though instead of being a Temple Knight of San d'Oria, he's been adjusted a bit to where he was one of the dragoons of Ishgard (he actually died IC last April in his late-50's).  She is quite a different person though.  Isilme did something similar, but characters' ages were adjusted a little bit so that it would make sense that she was younger.  Others have totally left behind their XI characters and started something entirely fresh and new.

I hope that this helps answer your question though.  Different people are doing different things~

I figured as much. I had trouble understanding 1.0's lore, since it seemed harder to understand than 11. But I am planning to get used to ARR's lore Smile. 

I guess y'all will be joining the same server? If yes, I am definitely down for it!

RE: Salutations - Yssen - 06-05-2013

There is much information to absorb, but soon much shall be revealed. Please look forward to it....

Also, hello! Welcome!