Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] RP Server inquiry - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] RP Server inquiry (/showthread.php?tid=19891)

Pages: 1 2

RE: RP Server inquiry - Skae - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 08:05 AM)SicketySix Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:38 AM)Flynn Rosenberg Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:04 AM)Kisha Wrote: It seems Omega is no longer a valid choice. It's now congested (like Balmung and Gilgamesh) and thus you won't be able to get on it.

So ehm...new RP'ers, you're out of luck sadly! Unless people start to organize ANOTHER new RP server.
It's not congested yet, they've only temporary closed transfers. You can still make new characters.
Are you 100% sure about this?

I tried to roll a fresh character over simply for it just being a new server and the name was faded out and said creation has been halted? Granted, that was like 3-4 days ago now.

During peak hours Omega has often had character creation blocked - just like many other busy servers. Outside peak hours I think it is normally open though.

RE: RP Server inquiry - SicketySix - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 08:08 AM)Skae Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:04 AM)Kisha Wrote: It seems Omega is no longer a valid choice. It's now congested (like Balmung and Gilgamesh) and thus you won't be able to get on it.

So ehm...new RP'ers, you're out of luck sadly! Unless people start to organize ANOTHER new RP server.
It's not congested yet, they've only temporary closed transfers. You can still make new characters.

I tried to roll a fresh character over simply for it just being a new server and the name was faded out and said creation has been halted? Granted, that was like 3-4 days ago now.

During peak hours Omega has often had character creation blocked - just like many other busy servers. Outside peak hours I think it is normally open though.

This was between 2:00-3:00am EST. Not sure what hours that would be for EU so it's entirely possible that it was during the servers prime time.

RE: RP Server inquiry - Flynn Rosenberg - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 08:10 AM)SicketySix Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 08:08 AM)Skae Wrote:

During peak hours Omega has often had character creation blocked - just like many other busy servers.   Outside peak hours I think it is normally open though.

This was between 2:00-3:00am EST. Not sure what hours that would be for EU so it's entirely possible that it was during the servers prime time.
I've been able to create a character between 4am-2pm BST (11pm-9am EST), which is a pretty big window. But yeah, during peak hours tends to be the norm on busy servers.

RE: RP Server inquiry - Aldotsk - 06-30-2017

It's kind of weird how Square Enix does things, but yes. I've confirmed that transfer is blocked via Mogstation. But you can create characters.

It seems like there were massive amount of transfer applications from various EU servers that they decided to move to here so chances are that they've closed it temporarily to ease the transfer application congestion.

It's not exactly -overpopulated- but letting Omega to take slow digestion from all these moving players.

It'll likely lift up once the techies are going to finish determining how many Omega players are exactly out there.

Character creating during busy EU time was reported as closed for an hour or so via Reddit post.

RE: RP Server inquiry - Maril - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 01:32 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: It's kind of weird how Square Enix does things, but yes. I've confirmed that transfer is blocked via Mogstation. But you can create characters.

It seems like there were massive amount of transfer applications from various EU servers that they decided to move to here so chances are that they've closed it temporarily to ease the transfer application congestion.

It's not exactly -overpopulated- but letting Omega to take slow digestion from all these moving players.

It'll likely lift up once the techies are going to finish determining how many Omega players are exactly out there.

Character creating during busy EU time was reported as closed for an hour or so via Reddit post.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/72b256b3e08e343c1511f88a1e355929598ee32d

This is confirmed to be a temporary suspension of transfers, indeed.

RE: RP Server inquiry - Kisha Taluun - 07-01-2017

It seems fresh characters can actually still be created, but you'll have to do so in the midst of EU night. 

Transfers are a no-go though.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/9c59749659a08d7101906f1389ca8ad89cb580c1