Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl (/showthread.php?tid=1736)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Ventus Zeruel - 11-29-2013

(11-29-2013, 10:09 PM)Merri Wrote: It's been some time, but the Blue Skies is finally going to be going live for ARR. This time, however, under a vastly different concept. I simply can't afford to dedicate time towards running an active RP linkshell between my real life and my endgame activities in-game. So, as opposed to making Blue Skies into a busy shell with lots of events, it's going to be tailored back to it's original concept in 1.0. The Blue Skies will be a naturally grown linkshell, in that linkpearls will almost exclusively be given out in-character. There may be a few exceptions, but the main way to obtain a pearl will be from none other than Endemerrin himself.

As such, the pearl is going to function as a linkpearl truly would in Eorzea. It will only grow and live if people make it so. I hope to cultivate a unique and tightly knit community this way, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

I'm sorry for taking so long to reach this point (I blame Twintania stealing my free evenings), and I'd like to say thank you to everyone who helped in the beginning stages of the linkpearl. Hope to see you all in-game!

Its great to see Blue Skies starting up again. As an old member of the LS back in 1.0, it was YOU who inspired me to build my own shell up from the ashes. After meeting everyone and making great friends with them, and enjoying the good days of rp...

This is what it was all about, making friends and family.
[Image: 403070_10151235155415654_1154467159_n.jpg]

If it wasn't for you showing me this, I would have never ventured to Tera to create Allemantheia Garden. 
I would have never met the love of my life..
and I would never have been here in your foru mtoday.

So thank you, Merri.
I hope everyone stands beside you, because I will =]

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Merri - 02-03-2014

Neglected to respond, but that's truly heart-touching, Ventus. I'm incredibly happy to have had such a positive impact. That's all I've ever really strived for, so I'm glad you pulled something away from our experiences in 1.0!

So! The Blue Skies is undergoing some significant changes yet again. This time for the better, I feel. I've started a push ICly to rebuild her, and I figure it's time I do my part OOCly as well. As such, applications to the blue skies are once again opening up and actively being accepted! Not only that, but we now have a Free Company as well.

In line with the Free Company, funding for a house is already complete, so the minute the Free Company reaches rank 6, the Blue Skies will also have an HQ ready to go~

Thanks for your continued interest in the Blue Skies, and I hope to see you in-game!

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Dogberry - 02-03-2014

Glad to be a part of this. I'll want an invite to the FC next time we're both online. I'd like a meet up and discuss world domination plans.

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Madrina - 02-03-2014

So do I go to the website and fill out an application or do I keep contacting you in game? I'm kinda stuck where we are in the RP lol

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Merri - 02-04-2014

(02-03-2014, 06:22 PM)Madrina Wrote: So do I go to the website and fill out an application or do I keep contacting you in game? I'm kinda stuck where we are in the RP lol

I'll be updating the main post here with the IC recruitment flyer later today that Merri will have posted in all of the Adventurer's Guilds. At this point, if seeing said flyer would be enough to spark your character to try and join up with the group, you'd be welcome to send along an application.

Otherwise it'd have to be something worked out over time ICly, which will be difficult as my plate is 100% full right now between meeting new people, working on ranking up the FC, and my endgame obligations.

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Dogberry - 02-04-2014

(02-03-2014, 06:22 PM)Madrina Wrote: So do I go to the website and fill out an application or do I keep contacting you in game? I'm kinda stuck where we are in the RP lol

If you'd like, I can recruit you into the FC on a trial basis and we can work out a time for us all to meet up ICly.

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Merri - 02-06-2014

Thanks to those of you who have poked me in-game and out! Updated the main post with the flyer that has been posted to the Adventurer's Guilds! A new Tonberry's Lantern article can be found here, as well. Not much else to report at this point in time! I'm currently in the process of overhauling the website, so that should be up and running here over the next week. We also have an event in the works, though there is no date set in stone quite yet. It's time to get the ball rolling either way.

We're also close to having all the furnishings ready for our house! Only roughly three more ranks in the FC to go until we can buy our plot! On a related note, the leveling process is a bit tedious. If any of you have any alts without Free Companies and wouldn't mind helping the process along, we'd love you forever! We have a special little "affiliate" rank for friends who are helping us along towards our goal. <3

Lastly, I'd like to just put this out there. I know quite a few of you had a lot of interest in the Blue Skies back during beta when I was doing my best to get her off the ground, but between RL issues I was facing at the time, and in-game matters that pulled away from my ability to lead the Blue Skies the way I had originally intended, it fell short. I'm truly sorry to those that the sudden closure of Blue Skies had an adverse effect on. It was never my intention. Sadly, I bit off more than I could chew at the time, and everything just sort of crumpled.

This time around, however, I'm not going to make the same mistakes and attempt to carry more weight than I'm able. Thanks for reading, and thanks for your continued interest!

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 02-19-2014

The Blue Skies finally has finally established their HQ! Still working on arranging things (like putting the damn fence up that I keep forgetting about), but feel free to stop by ward 5 of the Lavender Beds to check it out if you'd like~

In line with this, we'll be temporarily restricting recruitment back to invitation only, though don't let that discourage you if you're interested in the linkshell or free company!

[Image: NsjUEPK.jpg]
[Image: 0wu1ys8.jpg]

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Khaze'to Zhwan - 03-26-2014

Its good to see the Blue Skies up and running again.  I don't suppose there might be a small space for a beta friend?

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 03-30-2014

You know it! I'll try and be in touch soon. Been busy with the recent patch. :>

In other news, the Blue Skies HQ got an overhaul when the addition of the basement in 2.2. Any prospective members (Or anyone, really) are more than welcome to stop by!

[Image: l3x9ZYK.png]
[Image: zvXr2iQ.png]

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 04-18-2014

I'm happy to announce that the Blue Skies is once again opening up recruitment to anyone and everyone! To coincide with us going public again, I decided to whip something up in the name of tradition. A few years back during 1.0, I had a habit of making these anime-style opening parodies for the linkshells I was a member of. First with Outer Heaven, and then with the original Blue Skies linkshell.

In line with that, I decided to re-imagine the Blue Skies opening! Keep in mind this is just something fun. Doesn't really have any bearing on the plot or events that have occurred within the Blue Skies. Everyone present in the video, however, is an active member of the Blue Skies~ (Well, sans the bad guys. They're bad guys.)

So, without further delay, I'd like to present the Blue Skies' new opening!

I hope you enjoy it, and I hope to see you all in Eorzea soon!

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Yangh - 04-18-2014

That video was pretty good! Very nicely done indeed!

I'd still love to join if possible Merri! I keep seeing you around but I never get the chance to strike up a conversation! >.<

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - allgivenover - 04-18-2014

The editing is well done, what did you use for production?

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 04-18-2014

(04-18-2014, 07:01 AM)Yangh Wrote: That video was pretty good! Very nicely done indeed!

I'd still love to join if possible Merri! I keep seeing you around but I never get the chance to strike up a conversation! >.<
Thanks!

We'll be in touch, I'm sure~

(04-18-2014, 09:58 AM)allgivenover Wrote: The editing is well done, what did you use for production?

And thank you, as well. :>

I knew I was forgetting something in the video description! Thanks for reminding me! This was all done in Vegas Pro 9.

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 05-10-2014

I'm incredibly excited to announce that writing for the Blue Skies storyline is well under way, and the first event will (assuming everything goes to plan) start next weekend! I've been slaving away at cultivating an amazing story that I hope people will remember for a long time to come.

As much as I'd love to tease an intro right here, I'm going to hold back for a bit longer. Suffice it to say, it's shaping up to be a most epic adventure. If you're hunting for an intense, story-driven plot, now's the time to join arms with the Blue Skies as they take their first steps into the unknown~

On top of that, even if you don't wish to be a part of the Blue Skies, but would still like to assist in some way, I'll definitely be needing help along the way!

Regardless of your stance, feel free to fire PMs my way if you have any questions!