Hydaelyn Role-Players
Exploring the Tower of Varthamith (Starting) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Exploring the Tower of Varthamith (Starting) (/showthread.php?tid=16643)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Exploring the Tower of Varthamith (Starting) - Morningstar1337 - 07-25-2016

Aurora put the book down, feeling she can requests a copy when she leaves the library. The mention of the Great Gubal Library fills her with a little nostalgia.

The reminiscence was disturbed when she heard a sound from one of the shelves. She anxiously brandished her specter and looked to the other explorers and realized that they didn't notice the sound. Thinking it her imagination she decided not to mention it an withdrew her weapon.

With few books of interest to her on the South Wall, she decided to wait until the group goes to the next wall to purview the contents there.

She remembered Quint and the librarians' mammot characteristics, and was enamored by the poppets. She realized however that much like the tomestones and original copies here they are likely off limits, and how difficult it would be to explain why she would have a life-sized automaton with her in her report to the Immortal Flames. Curiosity about this Xyla and how she is able to create this tower, hidden by the forces of the Holy See and the Dravanians, continue to well with in her.

RE: Exploring the Tower of Varthamith (Starting) - SM Nick - 07-25-2016

Julienoix would go and place the tomes back, nodding to the Elezens as he said, "I would love to have copies of some of these tomes to read on my own time." Before smiling at the arriving Quint.

Julienoix says with a smile at Quint. "Greetings. You must be the one called Quint. Thank you for allowing us all this opportunity to explore."

RE: Exploring the Tower of Varthamith (Starting) - Parth Makeo - 07-27-2016

The Elezens started walking away as one refereed to Julienoix "It shall be made in time." then took off. Leaving to do their job as Quint was in the room. 

"I am indeed Quint. The Tower is more or less a strange thing to behold from a distance." she mentioned as the word about the sealed room resonated with her horns. "Xyla. Her personal quarters is sealed behind some kind of seal. I sadly cannot undo it. Any of you are welcome to break the seal if you wish. No telling what is in there though." she made her way around and looked among the group. making sure everything was in order.

As they talked, one Elezen had to bring over a ladder to climb up and grab a scroll in one of the boxes on top of the shelves. From that scroll, she peered at it before taking it down. She handed it to Quint to view as if to confirm if it is right. "Turning Heaven's Wheel...This is the scroll. Thank you." she turned to Simeon. "In the time it takes them to make copies, I can easily do it in half. Besides, we have plenty made." offering it to him without any care. "It's one of Xyla's favorites."

Just after, Quint looked to the library once more. "If we are done here, I would like to remind the captains about the deal...Half of the books here will be donated and divided." but upon hearing that, the Elezen seemed a tad shocked. 

"But Quint. This place is the ultimate accumulation of one person's quest-" she stopped as the Curator made itself present for them. Quint continued on. "Negotiations are hard as is. This is the best way to ensure they don't destroy our home." and then looking to the Curator...

"Curator. I entrust you with aiding the transportation of their books." to which it raised an arm up to notify it's confirmation.
"Acknowledge. Disabling Defense Systems. Enabling Cautionary Counter Measures." 

Quint finally sighed. "I am terribly sorry. We should cut our time short here and head off. If the sealed room is Xyla's personal quarters then..." she faded her voice, already lost in her own thought processing. 

RE: Exploring the Tower of Varthamith (Starting) - SM Nick - 07-29-2016

Julienoix would frown a bit towards Quint, nodding as she mentioned donating half of the books, but would sense distress coming from Quint as she mentioned Xyla and her private chambers.

"Are you in distress, Mistress Quint?" The tall Elezen would calmly ask the Xaela.

He would then walk up to Quint, giving her a gentle caring smile.