Hydaelyn Role-Players
Does your character have any pets? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Does your character have any pets? (/showthread.php?tid=12807)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Does your character have any pets? - A'kos Saiyal - 08-04-2015

A'kos has a few actually Big Grin A somewhat tweaked mammet he thinks has fallen on its head a few to many times, but it handles simple logistical things for him. The other is his chocobo Lazlo, though he sees it as more of a companion and friend then a pet, part of the reason he wants a house is to get a personal stable for Laz so he's not left in strange and questionable stables across Eorzea.

The last I'm not sure if I'll do something IC yet. I love the midgardsomr pet, especially how it'll just sit on your shoulder after awhile. I have an idea for him finding it as a hatchling, but I want to give it more thought.

I would like a bit too, for more mechanical goodies, but I haven't found one yet.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - WorstRPerEver - 08-06-2015

Jad has a pet kitten named, rather aptly, Cat. He hasn't been able to come up with a name for her.

Although he found Cat rather annoying when they first met, she grew on him. Her favorite food is no longer his fingers, but he's got quite a few scars on his hands left by her tiny claws and teeth.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Duplicitous Dame - 08-06-2015

If mounts count, then her chocobo Snuffles is definitely on that list! Nahare takes very good care of her feathered friend. Spoils him rotten with treats, keeps him clean, and goes out for runs on him between jobs. She'll even take him out adventuring with her from time to time.

Even though it's not necessarily a "pet", per se, she does have a Wind-Up Moogle that her best friend/brother Nazyl gifted her when she was recovering from a serious injury.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Sylentmana - 08-10-2015

Aside from her chocobo, Cecilia has a pet baby djigga and a baby morbol. She dearly wants a pet funguar, though.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Manari - 08-10-2015

Manari's animals are a major part of her character, and they have been since 1.0. I don't usually bring them into RP too much though. It seems animals are really popular, especially whenever there is a new minion, in RP now, so I usually just keep it low key.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Tiergan - 08-10-2015

Tiergan is followed a lot by a fat cat that he pretends not to like, but feeds when no one is looking. He kept calling it "cat" "it" "blob" so one day Flickering Ember named it "Pillow" and that's been its name ever since.

Tiergan also once found himself being followed around by a tiny coblyn larva trying to eat little crumbs of ore. When he finally noticed it was weakening and all but starving to death, he gave it a big old chunk of ore to eat and it now trails after him on every single mining expedition he goes on. He also just calls the coblyn "it" "Coblyn" and will probably keep doing that until someone names it for him.

(08-02-2015, 08:30 PM)Val Wrote: Val still has a pet cactuar that Verad gave to him. He's sad that it doesn't move.

... That is adorable. :V

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Masaki Moui - 08-10-2015

Keepers of the Moon apparently have a tradition of using birds of prey during their hunting, and so Masaki is a falconer. I use the bluebird to stand in for a young falcon that's only about a year in age and then I use the owlet as well for his newest addition. They land on his shoulder, whereas birds of prey would land on your gloved hand, but I roll with it anyway. Owls can make very interesting hunting partners in the night but can be limited by the light of day. I also suggest that, at night, the Owl can hear dangerous people or creatures lurking about even better than a Miqo'te can, so Masaki will often be seen with his charges in the field aiding him in many ways. I've been playing this angle since the Beta when I discovered Leih Aliapoh's method, so discovering Falcon's Nest later was really fun for me in character.

My other Keeper character is a reclusive 'beastmaster' from the South Shroud though no such class in game exists. I simply give him many wild animal minions that follow him around because he's helped them in one way or another. His small goobue minion is about to grow up into a goobue mount from the sylphs after tending him for about 2 years. He has a drake mount as well. His chocobo is a stray that he rides without tack because he doesn't believe in it. He also doesn't name his 'pets' which he doesn't see as pets at all. Yet somehow they always get some kind of monicker that's a name-that-isn't if he has to refer to them so that his allies understand what he's talking about. Lately he's stumbled across a lesser panda as well and the contrast between his surly attitude and that thing's precious face is just a great laugh. So stuff like that.

I have other characters who use minions too, but I'm not sure if they're pets or just devices and strange phenomena that accompany them around such as my Scholar's Page 63, magic brooms, and small wind-up toys.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 08-10-2015

clio has two......though i'm not sure if either would actually be considered pets in the typical sense.

steiner
steiner is a broken mammat she found and upgraded by taking the model vangard toy (don't ask how she got it >.>; ) and giving him a new body. given there was some....clashing with the two technologies; steiner's a overly zealous trigger happy deranged mammet with a god complex. where he's fun to have people interact with; i don't keep him out all the time, socially it's just not a good idea given how he is. so for the most part; he lives in the airship hanger at sable hall. even the meetings can be hit or miss with him as some have found out first hand....thankfully his bullets shoot about as hard as a paintball or bb gun... ;p

habanero
not so much a pet now that he's fully grown but clio's ic carvery drake. after aquiring an egg; she was lucky enough to find a book on the subject of amalj'aa breeding/training tactics regarding their drakes and decided to try for herself vs letting it go back into the wild. the book (named "how to train your battle drake" ) had quite a bit of useful information along with an account of the author's personal attempts in obtaining an egg for themselves.....the book was later found in the desert by a team of scouts in south thanalan; finding the flame seal on it, it was returned to the nearest officer who passed it to the hall proper and ended up in the red wings library. the last few pages were bloodied and scorched as the author had attempted to take an egg from a nest while the mother was thought to be away. >.>;

regardless; the book was helpful and most theories and practices listed proved to have a positive effect on habanero and after recognizing clio as his mother/trainer; habanero's fairly docile and good natured, even to the point he sleeps with the unit's chocobo's in the stables. usually he's fed a mix of dried meats and grilled cactuar (which he fires himself as a personal preference)

usually he stays around the house unless clio goes somewhere and uses him as a ride instead of peppergrass (her chocobo) or on the back of fury with erik. she's found that to keep habanero docile; he needs not only the exercise but also the time spent together when riding to keep their bond.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Telluride - 08-10-2015

In my journals (which I haven't updated in a terribly long time) , a curious kitten has been the guest star a few times. When Nathan and Lottie started their music partnership, the little scamp rediscovered both of them. They adopted her and named her Minuet, and she has been their costar at a couple of performances now.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - rainichan - 08-13-2015

[Image: tumblr_ns55mzREYi1tybnywo2_1280.png]
Caelia does, yes. It was agreed upon OOCly that Terris gave it to her (it dropped while we were dungeon diving, and it was passed on to me when he won it because he's a big sweet dweeb don't let him tell you otherwise if you know him). Her name is Kineta. No one else has pets yet beyond Cae.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Steel Wolf - 08-13-2015

Zarek Windsoul and Gran the babyhemoth.

Chachanji just doesn't know it yet....

mweeheehee.... :3

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Kellach Woods - 08-13-2015

Several, though you can't consider them pets more so than animal companions that have accompanied him out of their own volition.

RE: Does your character have any pets? - cuideag - 08-13-2015

Delial has been feeding this lalafell fella and he's stuck around. Does that count? /think

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Askier - 08-14-2015

(08-13-2015, 11:57 PM)cuideag Wrote: Delial has been feeding this lalafell fella and he's stuck around. Does that count? /think 

Yes. It takes three lalafels to be considered  a person. Otherwise they are nothing but pets or food. Depending on what region you are in. Xp

RE: Does your character have any pets? - Meena - 08-14-2015

Gin herself as a Opo-opo she found one day. Its mostly there for comedy relief. Its name is Julian and she jokes it is king of the jungle.