Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Race Demographic Poll - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Race Demographic Poll (/showthread.php?tid=12348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Fox - 06-30-2015

1 Miqo'te and 1 Au Ra

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Melkire - 06-30-2015

Poll might've been more informative without the Au Ra option, since we know most people and their mothers will have one. I'm interested in seeing how impacted the Miqo'te and Hyur populations have been.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Cailean Lockwood - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 05:51 PM)Melkire Wrote: Poll might've been more informative without the Au Ra option

Well, then I couldn't put my vote in, since I only have that 1 Au Ra.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - allgivenover - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 05:51 PM)Melkire Wrote: Poll might've been more informative without the Au Ra option, since we know most people and their mothers will have one. I'm interested in seeing how impacted the Miqo'te and Hyur populations have been.

I struggle to find the logic in why one less metric would make the poll MORE informative.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Fox - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 05:51 PM)Melkire Wrote: Poll might've been more informative without the Au Ra option, since we know most people and their mothers will have one. I'm interested in seeing how impacted the Miqo'te and Hyur populations have been.

We'll still see how the hyur and miqo'te have 'suffered', since it shows those options as well.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Lilia Lia - 06-30-2015

Since you can choose multiple options, leaving out the Au Ra option wouldn't make any difference.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Melkire - 06-30-2015

I won't get too into detail on the myriad ways that having an additional option in a poll can skew results in various ways (in this case: temporary Au Ra, people planning on maining Au Ra who may revert, people not yet Au Ra, people who would've marked other races as their main if Au Ra weren't present, and so on) but suffice to say that a poll without would've shown current demographics compared to similar polls from the past.

There's also the issue where Highlanders could be considered their own race, given how divergent they are from Midlanders.

All of that said, pleasantly surprised to see Hyur and Miqo'te so neck-and-neck. As bummed as ever to see how few roleplayers have Roe characters.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-30-2015

While I've got a flurry of other characters made, I never RP my alts. They are but passing ideas taking up character slots.

Franz is my one and only main, who happens to be a Hyur. ...too bad we don't have Garlean as an in-game option, though.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Klynzahr - 06-30-2015

Ticks Roegadyn box, ticks again for alt, ticks again for second alt....

It still feels lonely up here.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Lilia Lia - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 06:06 PM)Melkire Wrote: bummed as ever to see how few roleplayers have Roe characters.

Especially considering how interesting Roegadyn lore is. 

I just wish there was more customization of Roes.  I'd love to make one that has more of the slender look like Merlwyb has.

(06-30-2015, 06:29 PM)Lilia Lia Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 06:06 PM)Melkire Wrote: bummed as ever to see how few roleplayers have Roe characters.

Especially considering how interesting Roegadyn lore is. 

I just wish there was more customization of Roes.  I'd love to make one that has more of the slender look like Merlwyb has.

A lot of that comes down to what they wear and how you play with the boob/muscle sliders.

I have found that my short, grumpy Sea Wolf alt actually seems more shapely than Klynzahr, simply because I pushed her bust size up by thirty points or so. It gives her more of a waist and resulted in her appearing skinnier!

Also long coats and dresses make a big difference.

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Hammersmith - 06-30-2015

The few. The proud, the huge.

Team Roe: Best Team

(06-30-2015, 06:49 PM)Hammersmith Wrote: The few. The proud, the huge.

Team Roe: Best Team

*High fives*

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Zyrusticae - 06-30-2015

I knew all those people saying "Miqo'te are the majority" were suffering from confirmation bias.

Miqo'te are just more distinct than Hyur, so of course you notice them more often. Doesn't mean that we're actually more numerous than the other races (especially not combined!).

RE: RPC Race Demographic Poll - Cailean Lockwood - 06-30-2015

I rarely see Roes in the Quicksand where I tend to just hang out. I can count them on one hand. But that's just the Quicksand, maybe all the Roes are mostly RP'ing everywhere else.