Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Rhio - 09-02-2010

Siben Wrote:Funny how lemmings follow the lemming directly in front of them right off a cliff too, right? ;D

Except they don't. It's a longstanding myth.

And, hey, sometimes things sound like a good idea on paper and work poorly in practice. I wasn't opposed to voting, I'm still not, but I do think there are ways that the implementation could have been changed. If I'm outvoted, I promise not to throw a tantrum in the corner. ^_~

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Volkai - 09-02-2010

Aveline Wrote:
Siben Wrote:
Asyria Wrote:Funny how more people are agreeing with what some of us said from the start about voting being a bad idea. :P

Funny how lemmings follow the lemming directly in front of them right off a cliff too, right? ;D

Guess that explains the huge # of votes for Lindblum. :)
*shrug*

I voted when the results were hidden.

Were it up to me they probably would've remained hidden for the entire poll, or until the last hour or two, at least.
But it's not up to me, and I'm okay with that.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kylin - 09-02-2010

I can't help but laugh. I originally wanted the results hidden the entire poll. But nooo. Everyone wanted to see. I originally wanted the poll to last 3 days so we'd have a better grasp on other communities. But nooo. People wanted it all done quickly. Tsk, tsk. Never doubt your forum god for he is all knowing Angel

I'm of course just messing with you all. Sort of.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Satrina - 09-02-2010

Isn't Lindblum currently rated the highest population server right now with most groups going to it? >.>

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

Castiel Wrote:I can't help but laugh. I originally wanted the results hidden the entire poll. But nooo. Everyone wanted to see. I originally wanted the poll to last 3 days so we'd have a better grasp on other communities. But nooo. People wanted it all done quickly. Tsk, tsk. Never doubt your forum god for he is all knowing Angel

I'm of course just messing with you all. Sort of.

LoL Laugh

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

Cas, can you set it to allow people to change their vote? I'm not sure if that would make it easier or more complicated, but either way the vote would be ending at the 24 hour mark.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Selyne - 09-02-2010

foxfirestorm Wrote:They do realize that during Open Beta, all we get to hold over to live is our names yes?

We will have to remake the characters again and we will have to do everything again. So to get to overly fussy on it is a bit silly.

I agree, I think it's silly, too, but I'm one of my company leaders and I have a large number of people to keep happy (not an easy job). I already had one person go off on me when we suggested that we would revisit our server choice before launch and make sure everyone was happy with it. He's so stressed out about reserving his name he doesn't want to switch servers, no matter what. Even though he played in CB and knows full well that the probability of someone taking his first and last name combination is next to impossible. >.<

Long story short, once my linkshell puts up its vote, it's gonna be stick with the choice come hell or high water.

They're ditching Lindblum for now and going back to Trabia because they say it's too crowded. :/

Arelian Wrote:So now my question is are we going to suck it up and try Lindblum, even though it looks to be one of the most crowded, do a re-vote, or have Castiel decide? Angry

I'm sure more voting isn't the answer but I vote Castiel decide :cheer:

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kylin - 09-02-2010

Aveline Wrote:Cas, can you set it to allow people to change their vote? I'm not sure if that would make it easier or more complicated, but either way the vote would be ending at the 24 hour mark.

I can actually. And that may actually be a good idea...It wouldn't impact anything -negatively- at this point.

The forum god is pleased and will grant your request for a change of vote. First, a miqo'te virgin must be sacrificed though.
Ahriman

Check the poll again guys. You have until 11pm eastern (5.5 hours) to get your individual votes finalized to what you want it.

Castiel Wrote:
Aveline Wrote:Cas, can you set it to allow people to change their vote? I'm not sure if that would make it easier or more complicated, but either way the vote would be ending at the 24 hour mark.

I can actually. And that may actually be a good idea...It wouldn't impact anything -negatively- at this point.

The forum god is pleased and will grant your request for a change of vote. First, a miqo'te virgin must be sacrificed though.
Ahriman

Check the poll again guys. You have until 11pm eastern (5.5 hours) to get your individual votes finalized to what you want it.

The part about the misqo'te made me laugh Laugh

You going to let everyone do this?

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Selyne - 09-02-2010

A vote change sounds fantastic!!!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

Quote:First, a miqo'te virgin must be sacrificed though.
Those are going to be hard to come by XD In Ul'dah at least haha.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Iroh - 09-02-2010

Aveline Wrote:
Quote:First, a miqo'te virgin must be sacrificed though.
Those are going to be hard to come by XD In Ul'dah at least haha.

NO kidding. I think Ul'dah is a third breed of Miqo'te. We got Seekers of the Sun, Keepers of the Moon, and now Strippers of the Heavenly Body.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Rhio - 09-02-2010

Selyne Wrote:A vote change sounds fantastic!!!

I concur, and it solves lots of logistical issues. The option is not showing up for me, for some reason, but I voted for Trabia in the first place. ^_^

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Noelle - 09-02-2010

I think someone said it earlier (infact I know they did, I just can't remember who), But wouldn't it also make sense to pick the server with the lowest votes?

since it is the least popular?