Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! (/showthread.php?tid=11291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Cailean Lockwood - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 12:04 AM)Foxberry Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 12:01 AM)OttoVann Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 11:55 PM)Foxberry Wrote: I'm just going to leave this here as a reminder of big-hair in the Final Fantasy series. 

So hot

Look at that edgelord. Wink

Edgelord, huh? I like that. ^^

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Fox - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 12:07 AM)OttoVann Wrote: If we're being honest here, I'd make a cloud-clone in FFXIV out of a midlander if I could.  Fuck the HATERS.

Lol. Sure! I've seen so many variations of Croudo Striafu so much during the release.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - OttoVann - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 12:12 AM)Foxberry Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 12:07 AM)OttoVann Wrote: If we're being honest here, I'd make a cloud-clone in FFXIV out of a midlander if I could.  Fuck the HATERS.

Lol. Sure! I've seen so many variations of Croudo Striafu so much during the release.

But they lack true spike hair.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Edgar - 04-27-2015

[Image: 5723ad9e.jpg]

I RECOGNIZE THAT ARMOR

(04-27-2015, 12:29 AM)Edgar Wrote: [Image: 5723ad9e.jpg]

I RECOGNIZE THAT ARMOR

Where's it from?

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zyrusticae - 04-27-2015

(04-26-2015, 08:56 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: There will ALWAYS be people who complain, no matter what. Simply because you can't satisfy them all, and that's because we all want something different. And that's completely alright, because we are individual people with individual thoughts and opinions.

[...]
This is such a pointless rebuttal.

They CAN please everyone... by adding enough variety, either within the character creation itself or between the various races. If the game had Aion or Blade & Soul levels of sliders and feature tweaking you can bet your ass they'd be seeing FAR fewer complaints about this sort of thing. But they don't, so here we are.

Of course, it doesn't help that they hyped up Yugiri's face by hiding it at first only to then reveal that SURPRISE she's just a human with some weird deformities on her skin and where her ears would be. Sigh.

I, personally, am constantly disappointed by the weakness of the game's character creation, especially considering the time the game came out, when body sliders were finally starting to become en vogue and here all Squeenix can manage is a pithy little height slider and boob sliders. PS3 support was the absolute worst possible decision they could ever have made in my mind. Of course, I say that not knowing how much revenue comes from that obsolete hardware (probably a significant chunk especially in Japan), but I don't care, because it's not my problem, and it's just holding the game back in very significant ways. The trade-off is not worth it, in other words.

But I'm just ranting now. Just... ugh. Need to get all of this disappointment out of my system.

And then tomorrow morning I will be reminded of my disappointment yet again and the cycle will start anew.

(04-27-2015, 02:03 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 08:56 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: There will ALWAYS be people who complain, no matter what. Simply because you can't satisfy them all, and that's because we all want something different. And that's completely alright, because we are individual people with individual thoughts and opinions.

[...]
This is such a pointless rebuttal.

They CAN please everyone... by adding enough variety, either within the character creation itself or between the various races. If the game had Aion or Blade & Soul levels of sliders and feature tweaking you can bet your ass they'd be seeing FAR fewer complaints about this sort of thing. But they don't, so here we are.

Of course, it doesn't help that they hyped up Yugiri's face by hiding it at first only to then reveal that SURPRISE she's just a human with some weird deformities on her skin and where her ears would be. Sigh.

I, personally, am constantly disappointed by the weakness of the game's character creation, especially considering the time the game came out, when body sliders were finally starting to become en vogue and here all Squeenix can manage is a pithy little height slider and boob sliders. PS3 support was the absolute worst possible decision they could ever have made in my mind. Of course, I say that not knowing how much revenue comes from that obsolete hardware (probably a significant chunk especially in Japan), but I don't care, because it's not my problem, and it's just holding the game back in very significant ways. The trade-off is not worth it, in other words.

But I'm just ranting now. Just... ugh. Need to get all of this disappointment out of my system.

And then tomorrow morning I will be reminded of my disappointment yet again and the cycle will start anew.

No, there will always be someone who complains. Even if you give people everything they ask, there will always be some who still complain.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zyrusticae - 04-27-2015

Stop repeating yourself.

No bad decision is justified by repeating "but someone always complains!" It's just an excuse, and a poor one at that.

You can always work towards reducing the number of complaints.

(04-27-2015, 02:24 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote: Stop repeating yourself.

No bad decision is justified by repeating "but someone always complains!" It's just an excuse, and a poor one at that.

You can always work towards reducing the number of complaints.

Why are you so hostile? I know you didn't get what you wanted and that you are disappointed because of it, but there's no need to be like this. I'm not someone you should point your anger towards, just because you disagree with me.

I'm sorry the Au Ra isn't what you had hoped for, but hopefully you will come to terms with it and move on.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - g0ne - 04-27-2015

Stahp!!

Please stop.  Sad

At this rate the thread is going to go down in flames... like so many others. :<

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zhavi - 04-27-2015

Okay, well, I haven't gotten to play with the character creation, but . .. .I for one take it back after looking at peoples screens. Yes, okay, the female xaela have got that cool, reserved beauty going on and they aren't the rugged I'd hoped for, but they have this inhuman battle-hardened vibe to them that works.

SO WHATEVER, I'LL LOVE THEM ANYWAYS.

I'll just make a highlander if I get the itch for fierce and fabulous.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - FreelanceWizard - 04-27-2015

All, let's calm down a bit, please. It's clear the Au Ra aren't for everyone (I, for one, am not a big fan of the massive sexual dimorphism in absence of lore to explain it -- which is not to say there won't be any, just that it's not around now), but there's no need to go back and forth on whether SE was justified or people are justified in their like or dislike of the race's design.

Surely, we can still all agree that roegadyn are awesome. Smile

#magicAdminHat

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Clover - 04-27-2015

However, as things are, if you don't like what you see, then this is simply not what you were looking for and you have the option to leave it be. However, there are people who DO like it and they will have the option to make an Au Ra and play as them. You who DON'T like them can stay with the current race of your choice. ^^

This is the new Au Ra race. This is how they're going to be.

To you who don't like them or are disappointed with the outcome of this race, I'm sorry that Squeenix didn't reach your expectations this time. But instead have this cute Moogle emote that will hopefully cheer you up:

Moogle

Much love to all y'alls. Heart

Quoted for truth. There will always someone who complains. Also, this isn't a matter of "adding", as people are complaining about the whole aesthetics of the race and how they wish the (especially female) Au Ras looked completely different.

I'm even reading complaints about how the current female Au Ras don't suit the lore; why not? o_o
I don't have any sort of trouble seeing female Au Ras as warriors. they look agile and fast for one, and you can't determine their strength based on looks alone. Following that logic, lalafells should simply be removed from the game.

Last but not least, this is a Japanese game, and you're going to find tons of Japanese elements (and aesthetics) on it. Nothing to be shocked about, really. If the next race they release is based on bulky, hairy, and plain ugly beasts, you won't find me complaining about it in every single thread. I'll simply understand the race suits other kinds of tastes that aren't mine, and that the race will be good in whatever way SE chooses it to be, so long as many other people are happy. I really don't understand why there are still arguments about how the Au Ras should have been different; no, they should have not, many of us love them this way.

Edit: Sorry, posted this before reading the mod's post >_<; I guess I exploded a bit there.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - TheWizard - 04-28-2015

I'm kinda caught between a couple different looks for Haihane... here are two I'm rather liking.

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - allgivenover - 04-28-2015

After Aion I'm against having too much freedom with character creation sliders.

More preset choices are never a bad thing, but if you give people total control, well...

[Image: aion-freak.jpg]

You've never had your RP trolled as badly as when one of these guys is /dance emoting in your face for ten minutes straight.