Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Bexy - 12-08-2014

It's a running joke with my FC that i'll never finish it. So much changes all the time, but i'm a sucker for keeping on top of it. It's...

I have problems, okay?

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Steel Wolf - 12-08-2014

(12-08-2014, 07:55 PM)Bexy Wrote: It's a running joke with my FC that i'll never finish it. So much changes all the time, but i'm a sucker for keeping on top of it. It's...

I have problems, okay?

*looks over Bexy's wiki*
*blinks*
*readies to set his wiki on fire for wasting wiki space*

...seriously. Much pretty. Very content. So wiki. WOW.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Bexy - 12-08-2014

(12-08-2014, 07:59 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 07:55 PM)Bexy Wrote: It's a running joke with my FC that i'll never finish it. So much changes all the time, but i'm a sucker for keeping on top of it. It's...

I have problems, okay?

*looks over Bexy's wiki*
*blinks*
*readies to set his wiki on fire for wasting wiki space*

...seriously.  Much pretty.  Very content.  So wiki.  WOW.
^^; Thankyou! I worked very hard on it, but it's -STILL- not done. I have so many pictures to update, and relations, and journal entries, and at least another short story... Not to mention the timeline, and quotes and...

*sighs*

*Loads up wiki to edit*

Maybe i'll post here when i finally finish it.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Merri - 12-08-2014

I only ever rarely makes minor tweaks to Merri's. Most of the time it's removing information, as opposed to adding it.

I prefer to keep his strictly to minor things that anyone could know. There's maybe one or two things that are more OOC knowledge for other people's sake, but 99% of Merri is locked up in my head and/or on my PC. I much prefer people find out about Merri's background and history in-character. I feel like it makes reactions a bit more genuine and interesting when the player themselves are learning new things about your character alongside their own character~

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Roen - 12-08-2014

(12-08-2014, 07:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 06:39 PM)Roen Wrote: Uuuugh. Screenshots. Yes! That is something I have completely underutilized the wiki for. If someone comes up with a good template for having a gallery of screenshots, I am SO going to steal your template.

There is a straight gallery option in the edit menu, actually. I just needed access to my pictures. I've just added some, and hopefully there will be more coming as I RP more! Blush

OH my goodness. Now I know what I will be doing during maintenance.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Shizuka - 12-08-2014

I've slowly been updating mine, but I feel like such a fish out of water! Too bad there's not more Gilgamesh RPers to link up with on this. Frustrated

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - PerkPrincess - 12-08-2014

(06-26-2014, 08:58 AM)Dogberry Wrote: I will gladly update anyone's wiki for them if they want me to.

Whether or not any of the updates will have anything to do with their character or the actual events they've gone through is an entirely different matter.

Part of me wants to volunteer and see what happens.

The other part of me is displaying a strong force of peer pressure by chanting DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Also yes I'm forever guilty of NEVER GETTING AROUND TO UPDATING. This also includes attempts to network with the community.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Yhen Yizeh - 12-09-2014

I updated my wiki. 

I put a new theme on that baby, and played around with tropes.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kellach Woods - 12-09-2014

Ain't nobody reads that shit so why should I update it?

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Yhen Yizeh - 12-09-2014

(12-09-2014, 01:15 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Ain't nobody reads that shit so why should I update it?

I read it! 

I actually read yours.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Aldotsk - 12-09-2014

... I really need to fix Mizuho's Wiki. I caused errors in the page O_o;;

Also I am slowly working on all of my characters wiki anyways. Slowly....slowly....

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Aaron - 12-09-2014

I update mine whenever headphones and a computer are right in front of me.

Then again, I tend to not do anything unless I have music. I work with headphones in, eat with headphones in, I even drive with headphones in.

YES I KNOW CARS HAVE RADIOS GUYS GOSH.

I don't know, think I may be addicted. People have started saying literally at work "The day he stops listening to music is the day he gets fired."

See me sliding down the hall listening to smooth criminal and working at 100mph

There I go. . . Talking again >_>

*backs away slowly*

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 12-10-2014

Lol. Music is life.

Also, I started working on mine because to be less up-to-date than Warren is the ultimate shame.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Guy Tower - 12-10-2014

I have barely ever wrote down anything about my characters, certainly never making any wiki pages on them, but seeing this topic I wonder whether or not I should. This leads me to a question - why are you taking up the task? For yourselves, so you can always read up on your characters and avoid getting lost/confusing one with another (sort of a database)? For others, so they can do so? For others but actually for yourself, so you can show off, "look at me, I am such a big role playa"? Little bit of any of the above, or for something else? I am wondering whether people are doing their character's wiki pages to put their cyber stories on paper, line them up and arrange so they, the players, can easily check them up and find what they need, or is it just plain haughtiness.

Me, If I ever do it, it will be a little against me. I always thought, and still do, that other people's characters should get to know one another in-game, that such "meta-RP" is as unfair as, say, graphic novels and books on World of Warcraft - they add to the lore, but irritate those who do not have the time/means to read them. If I'll decide to make wiki pages on my chars, it will be because of its usefulness as a database and a little, tiny bit of vanity, so often found between us role players.

P.S. I will have no shame and ask you to check out my "Character's biography - Alpha version" post. Continue being as helpful as you were before, and tell me if everything's alright with the story or does it have any particular holes/inconsistencies. I've already found one :p.

P.S2. Ye gods, the "tongue" emote on this forum looks very, very derpy!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 12-10-2014

(12-10-2014, 08:46 AM)Guy Tower Wrote: I have barely ever wrote down anything about my characters, certainly never making any wiki pages on them, but seeing this topic I wonder whether or not I should. This leads me to a question - why are you taking up the task? For yourselves, so you can always read up on your characters and avoid getting lost/confusing one with another (sort of a database)? For others, so they can do so? For others but actually for yourself, so you can show off, "look at me, I am such a big role playa"? Little bit of any of the above, or for something else? I am wondering whether people are doing their character's wiki pages to put their cyber stories on paper, line them up and arrange so they, the players, can easily check them up and find what they need, or is it just plain haughtiness.

Me, If I ever do it, it will be a little against me. I always thought, and still do, that other people's characters should get to know one another in-game, that such "meta-RP" is as unfair as, say, graphic novels and books on World of Warcraft - they add to the lore, but irritate those who do not have the time/means to read them. If I'll decide to make wiki pages on my chars, it will be because of its usefulness as a database and a little, tiny bit of vanity, so often found between us role players.
A little of all of it, actually! I use it to keep track of some of my characters' bare facts, habits, relationships, tendencies and history. I also enjoy watching the rumors section grow, and love adding to the rumor sections of others! It's also there for people who want to make connections and craft stories with me -- some of the stuff on there is meta bait, but I haven't had anyone come up to me using more than rumors. In the event that someone tries to meta-game me, I'll very quickly call them out on it and request that they discontinue.

It's overall a really fun project, making sure your character has a little slice of the internet, a little fact page/bio/reference that you or others can pull up, read and enjoy.