Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Cid_Mercer - 09-02-2010

Let this be a lesson to us all. If you don't want to end up on an overly popular server, don't determine your server via popular vote. Laugh

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Soren Miren - 09-02-2010

Kejira Wrote:
Tadir Wrote:Me too. I have a feeling it will be Lindblum. So we may be in for serious wait times every time we log in.
Tonberry

[Edit: Trabia got another vote!]

Hmm...it could be worse right?

I think wait times and server lockouts are something we were hoping to avoid Tongue

Sure, it could be worse. It could be better too. But meh, go democracy. :joker:

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Tadir - 09-02-2010

I'm fine with this server.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Shamadconde - 09-02-2010

Just thought i would toss this out there. I just FINALLY was able to make my char. Mysidia is at 3 and Figaro is at 2 choco status. Lindblum is at 1.

edit: Lindblum now at 2

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

Alevra Wrote:
Tadir Wrote:Me too. I have a feeling it will be Lindblum. So we may be in for serious wait times every time we log in.
Tonberry
Well, as long as everyone from RPC is in same place im happy. Wink

Thats how I feel, I'm sure we'll all have fun as long as we are on the same server.

I voted for Cornelia but that isn't going to win Laugh

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Mycroft - 09-02-2010

I would've voted for Gysahl, but I was a wee bit too quick to click.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

Just so you guys know... it is impossible to create new characters on Lindblum now. I was going to make an alt in Gridania and the server is no longer on the available servers list. However, I can log in with my Ul'dan on Lindblum still. Whether this is a temporary bug or if the server is at full capacity is still unknown.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Rhio - 09-02-2010

If it's at full capacity, I will be

1) Surprised.
2) Angry.
3) Dumbfounded.
4) Prompted to create an enormous variety of new curse words.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Mycroft - 09-02-2010

Rhio Wrote:If it's at full capacity, I will be

1) Surprised.
2) Angry.
3) Dumbfounded.

I vote for numbers 3 and 4.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - foxfirestorm - 09-02-2010

Rhio Wrote:If it's at full capacity, I will be

1) Surprised.
2) Angry.
3) Dumbfounded.

That would be a fun project, creating FF14 racial curse words. Wink

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Eeam - 09-02-2010

If Lindblum is full already, I will

1) Jump for joy
2) Point out how right I am
3) Hope the same happens to Besaid
4) Roll a character on Mysidia!

XD

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

Aveline Wrote:Just so you guys know... it is impossible to create new characters on Lindblum now. I was going to make an alt in Gridania and the server is no longer on the available servers list. However, I can log in with my Ul'dan on Lindblum still. Whether this is a temporary bug or if the server is at full capacity is still unknown.

Damn that sucks Cry

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Rhio - 09-02-2010

Another server just vanished - I think it was either Mysidia or Trabia - so I'm going to continue going with "technical issues" and keep waiting to make a character. Which is super satisfying.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kylin - 09-02-2010

According to reports, Lindblum is the largest populated server of them all, followed by Mysidia and Figaro. People who haven't voted yet are urged to vote for something else, though I'm unsure if it matters at this point >.>;

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - CrimsonVonSanguine - 09-02-2010

I really don't think it's any surprise that the server that won this vote is also the one that's more popular amongst the XIV community as a whole. Thus, it's become populated more quickly than the others, and in this case taken down. But that's the inherent problem with the vote, for every 1 person that's picking a server that would've been more ideal for a growing RP community, 5 more are not.

I already have a character on Lindblum, so I guess it doesn't really affect me, but I feel like it's going to be a problem if the server we end up picking ends up being chronically congested or at high-capacity, especially considering the fact that we intend to direct the vast majority of XIV's RP community here.

Should've just let Castiel reason it out and pick one for all of us. (Couldn't resist, had to say it.)